PDA

View Full Version : Dressing with a GG's help?

adrienner99
11-22-2012, 08:15 AM
About 99.9% of my crossdressing, I do in private. For those of you who are able to dress with a GG's help...in the company of a GG, what's it like? Are they critical? Sisterly? Helpful?

The only time I dressed with a GG she was insistent that what I wore matched and looked good on my body type. I was wering a dress with a bow at the back. She tied it for me and I can't tell you how wonderful that felt. I put on lipstick in front of her and she didn't bat an eye. She was also surprised at how well I walked in high heels...she was simply unable to wear them. I declined to wear perfume (which might last after I un-crossdressed) and she could not believe that.

It also struck me at some point that women tend to be much more supportive of a well-dressed, fairly realistic CDer, whereas someone not so well-dressed would be criticized--the same way they'd criticized a sloppy-dressed woman. To be expected, I guess....

WifeofWrenchette
11-22-2012, 08:18 AM
I would like to think I'm very supportive of my husband when he cross dresses. I help him in any way I can. I also compliment him and give him tips. When he first started using make up I gave him lessons, although I don't wear make up myself anymore.

Cheryl T
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Since my spouse is super supportive we dress together all the time and it's great. We provide each other with constructive criticism, suggestions and advice and each strive to have the other look their best. We share ideas for outfits, color recommendations, hairstyles and makeup advice as well.
I wouldn't call it 'sisterly'...more like BFF's helping each other. It was awkward at first since no one had ever watched me before, but now it's just as natural as anything else we do together.

adrienner99
11-22-2012, 08:33 AM
WoW--How wonderful for your husband..

Jana
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM
From my experience, when GGs do choose to jump in, they go out of their ways to be helpful and supportive. I'm thankful for the ones that have helped me.

~Joanne~
11-22-2012, 10:44 AM
My So has never tried to help me dress but then again I hardly dress in front of her not to push things. I am sure if I asked for help she would jump in though :) I think she likes to help more when we are shopping, picking out shades of this or that. She'll be looking at something for herself and say " I kind of like this but I think it would look better on you" which is great but sometimes she isn't very careful about who is around or how loud she may have said it lol

Brenda Freeman
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I have only had serious help from GGs offering service, such as a transformation studio a lingerie shop and dress shop and a resale shop. I called first to explain my situation and they were absolutley fine with me! they were so helpful and I have learned alot from them I consider them support friends. They offer advise and suggestions and recommendations. A resale shop I called offered to come in early and spend time with me before she opened, She went through the shop and picked out things for me to try outfits that matched and worked well for my body type. We had fun. I know they are selling services but I know they are very helpful and have not pushed anything and were not afraid to say OH honey that is not a good look for you. I can walk into their shops just to say HI and they like to just chat about how things are going! My wife though not enthusiastic will offer advise if asked and we talk about make up and everything if the topic comes up. I actually feel awkward if I am dressed around her I think she feels a little awkward too! You girls are so lucky that have spouses that actively participate and embrace your feminine side. I do think my wife appreciates my interest in it which makes for common interests to share. I hope soon I will become more comfortable to dress around her and maybe she will enjoy my company in fem. We have come along way since I told her about Brenda, and I love her so much for that!

AmyGaleRT
11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
My fiancee always sees the results after I finish the transformation into Amy. She generally likes my fashion sense, but has critiqued my makeup here and there...she didn't think a smoky-eye look worked for me. (However, I think I might have done it wrong, and plan to try again.)

When we're out shopping (with me in drab thusfar), she'll sometimes suggest things that Amy might like. She's always liked my taste in picking out clothes for her...now she knows how I acquired that taste. :D

- Amy

Beverley Sims
11-22-2012, 11:25 AM
It also struck me at some point that women tend to be much more supportive of a well-dressed, fairly realistic CDer, whereas someone not so well-dressed would be criticized--the same way they'd criticized a sloppy-dressed woman. To be expected, I guess....

A truer word was never spoken.
If you dress well or at least try to most women not attached to you emotionally will bend over backwards to help the deception.
This is how when I was young I got a lot of support.
I also became emotionally involved with some of them as well.
These girls made fantastic companions as they basically grew up with me.

Miriam-J
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
My wife is always supportive and helpful, and I agree that she enjoys it in part because I try to look as realistic as I can for my age - except for my preference for skirts. She helps me work out the best combinations when we shop and when I select items for going out. If I'm just going to hang around the house I'll generally do it all on my own, but will ask her about how it looks if I think I might wear it out another time. The same goes with all of this with makeup, which is rapidly improving with her help.

I could have *never* accomplished what I have without my wife's help. There's just too much to learn, and I don't have the opportunities that our teenage girls have to learn it through everyday experience.

Miriam

Michelle (Oz)
11-23-2012, 06:58 PM

I don't have a supportive wife but do find that GGs (particularly sales assistants and MAC cosmetics) are very helpful. I find it helps to have a sense of colours and styles to gain the benefit of their expertise. It is so much easier to have expert advice in puting together outfits even from individual pieces. Just need to be careful given that ultimately they are trying to sell something.

Absolutely agree with the above quote.

DebbieL
11-23-2012, 07:15 PM
When I first started shopping for myself, I wore what I thought was sexy. I could see in pictures that my ribs were too big, but my legs were nice. When I finally came out and started going to social events, a few women offered to take me shopping and help me pick out some clothes. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. These were just female friends who wanted to help. The showed me how to pick clothes that would show my legs without looking like a hooker, they showed me how to pick blouses that were a bit looser around my ribs and waist, so that I would have a more natural and relaxed looking fit, which made me blend better. They helped me to combine colors better, and to dress situation appropriate. When I would go to a dance or charity event, I could wow the room and make a big entrance, and when I wanted to go shopping, I could blend in so well I was only acknowledged as a pretty women, but just one of many in the mall or store.

My wife has been very supportive and has helped me to pick out clothes for all seasons, some of which are very nice and fit very well and make it very easy for me to pass. I'm not a beautiful woman, but I don't look like a ****ty grandmother either. I can still have some fun and at the same time, have the security that I can enjoy real life experience in the real world and be comfortable and safe.

If you tell 10 women that you are a CD, at least one of them will either ask you to go shopping with her herself, or know someone who would love to go shopping with you. This doesn't have to be a romantic attachment, but if you are single and looking, this is a really good way to meet a woman who WANTS to feminize you rather than someone who resists.

LadyPilot
11-23-2012, 07:15 PM
My wife is very supportive and helps with everything and she doesn't worry if I don't wear make-up and wig, she loves it and me. Yes, women are very helpful. Lots of Love.

brenne
11-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Whenever I dress with a GG, or ask for fashion advice etc, they're either sisterly or helpful, or I wouldn't bother. (Even my daughter's helpful, even though it still takes getting used to, since I'm her "dad" and what I had formerly believed & she had been brought up with.)

GG7irish
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I have helped my SO with her makeup find the right shade apply it and so forth. My BF always liked the way I applied mine so i just did the same for her only for her coloring. She looked amazing. Maybe soon Cass will post her photos so you can see.