PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Holiday shopping dressed?

rocketscientist
11-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! As I write this I am waiting in line to buy a new tv at Wal-Mart. I still have another hour and a half or so to go before they actually sell them. Is anyone else going out to shop in this madness to get a deal?

Vickie_CDTV
11-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I did, but I was en drab.

Bree Wagner
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Definitely a no shopping night/day for me, but I wish you the best. Good luck on snagging that TV.

Ressie
11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I will be all gussied up shopping online if at all.

AllisontheGoddess
11-23-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm going out tomorrow morning dressed =]

Diane Smith
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
I try to avoid all stores on Black Friday on general principle, regardless of my presentation, because the traffic and the crowds just drive me crazy. But I do have a hair appointment Friday afternoon and will be going dressed. I'll probably go out for lunch beforehand.

- Diane

Eryn
11-23-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm with Diane. Unless you are willing to camp out overnight in order to get one of those five cut-price bigscreens or whatever Black Friday is just marketing hype. I choose not to join the herd.

Mimi and I will probably go shopping next Wednesday, but this is a usual thing for us. Have to use up a DSW coupon before it expires!

Stephanie47
11-23-2012, 03:53 AM
I went through the color inserts in today's newspaper. It is total madness! There are just so many dollars to go around. It seems the stores want our $$$ so badly they are destroying the holidays. If my guests, which were family members, were to get up from the table and race out the door to Wally World or elsewhere, it would be the Last Supper they would ever get in my home.

Tomorrow I will be sleeping late.

Monday I'll be shopping on line (Cyber Monday) en femme.

Cheryl T
11-23-2012, 05:45 AM
No black friday for this gal, but I will be going out tomorrow to do a bit of holiday shopping.

ChelseaErtel
11-23-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm waiting until the stores offer sales later in December and will go out en femme if possible. I need some pants and have to try them on.

Keely
11-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I did a bit of online hopping a few minutes ago. Still in my sleepers:heehee:

Beverley Sims
11-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I did not go out to buy specials last year but I was dressed and did buy a ducks down overcoat for fifty dollars down from four hundred.
The boots I bought were forty dollars down from two hundred.
They both feature in my avatar. There was about a thousand dollars of clothing and accessories bought for under two hundred dollars.
I needed these items as I was on my way to Europe, so there was a real saving having bought quality items all US and European made.

rocketscientist
11-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Update: Well, I DID get the tv I wanted!http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/Entry/Flash?forceview=y&promotioncode=LA_Walmart&adid=1500000000000032344870&veh=dsp
I waited in line for over 2 1/2 hours, but it was worth it. I actually struck up a nice conversation with a few people waiting in line with me. Nothing about how I was dressed tho.Here's a quick pic taken before we went to the store, just so you can see how I presented, other than black hoodie jacket I wore to match my boots.:battingeyelashes: Oh, by the way, the one I got is the 60" one!:D

Sheren Kelly
11-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Count me in....
I wore this shopping locally, but later changed to jeans/blazer for the mall.
Absolutely no issues anywhere, even though I used my male credit card and ID.

rocketscientist
11-23-2012, 02:15 PM
You looked great Kelly! So glad you got out and enjoyed yourself. Did you score any deals tho?

Sara Jessica
11-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Great thread! I'm actually at lunch now, waiting for a friend to arrive, after having left the house at about 5:30 a.m. No high pressure black Friday here, just a run through Target, Macy's and Barnes & Noble so far. Having a blast, and a sangria :). No parking issues and I actually enjoy the hustle & bustle.

Salud everyone, and I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Jana
11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm definitely not a fan of big lines and crowds in either male or female modes. But I do hope you have a good time!

LadyPilot
11-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Kelly you look great. My wife has to work from 2:00 to 7:00 pm and really didn't feel well to go Black Friday shopping so a lazy day at home. Hugs to all the shoppers.

I Am Paula
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I went to the mall today. Totally nutso! I didn't think the deals were amazing, mostly 'buy one, get one 1/2 off', hey, that's only 25%. I found one thing I had to have. Fur bootie covers! Just slide them up your leg, put on booties ( I have some fab black suede ones), then pull them down over the foot, Voila! new fur booties! For fifty bucks it's like having a new pair. All in all, I'd rate it a 5 out of 10 day. -Celeste

MssHyde
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Count me in....
I wore this shopping locally, but later changed to jeans/blazer for the mall.
Absolutely no issues anywhere, even though I used my male credit card and ID.

I went shopping as Cheyenne, I have a post about it. Kelly you look like the read deal, good for you.

Sheren Kelly
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I avoided the lines by first going to a Dress Barn located in Crystal City (in among a lot of office buildings) and avoided the major shopping centers. I chose my clothes specifically so I could get in/out of them to try on several selections. The sweater dress pictured is about as short as I am going to go (yes i bought it).

It has been discussed in other threads, but the Dress Barn staff was completely accepting and supportive. I followed up with feedback on their web site noting their wonderful attitude.

Later I went wig shopping (no crush of people there) then to a mall in Springfield that has a lot of construction/upgrades going on that tended to keep the crowds down.