PDA

View Full Version : When the curse becomes a blessing

Tiffany Grace
11-23-2012, 09:48 PM
We all have our individual lives and journeys, but it is always wonderful and encouraging to connect and share common experiences.

All of my early life was a challenge and a struggle, I am sure many here can relate, it seemed as though there were two sides of me competing for supremacy, control. The myriad of feelings from exhilaration to debilitating guilt. Depression, shame, anger, hypocrisy, speaking for myself, of course.

I would pray to God for a healing, a miracle, a change for which apparently I lacked the strength to bring about with any permanency. My life was a slew of failures with regards to changing. I would dress, regret, purge, dress, regret, purge, seemed to be the pattern of my life.

With time and a better understanding of myself this curse has now become one of the greatest blessings of my life. I am so grateful for my life now. I realized that I am actually, in many ways, the person I always wanted to be, but was to ashamed to admit it. I did a lot of work on dealing with shame, I suggest Brene Brown as a wonderful author and counselor on the subject of shame, a debilitating feeling for sure.

If I had it all to do over again I would choose to be a transwoman, except I would have a completely shame free outlook from the start.:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cynthia Anne
11-23-2012, 10:05 PM
I think many of us can relate to that! I know I sure can! The shame is I waited most oy my life before realizing it!

ArleneRaquel
11-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Terrific post Tiffany. You hit the nail on the head darlin.

Beverley Sims
11-24-2012, 06:32 AM
I was lucky in so much as I had friends that encouraged me to be who I am.

Jenny Gurl
11-24-2012, 06:36 AM
I feel the same way. By telling your story, you may help the younger people come to terms earlier in life and not waste as many years. This is a true gift to those who are just beginning their journey.

Kaz
11-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Great post Tiffany, there will many of us who can relate to this.

Rogina B
11-24-2012, 06:56 AM
I feel the same way. By telling your story, you may help the younger people come to terms earlier in life and not waste as many years. This is a true gift to those who are just beginning their journey. I feel strongly of this and tell the young ones on Fetlife that are struggling with themselves some of my story as well.Fortunately,we are in a far easier time to come out and make changes in our lives than 20 or 30 years ago.Those girls like Jorja were admirably brave.

Jay Cee
11-24-2012, 06:56 AM
...If I had it all to do over again I would choose to be a transwoman, except I would have a completely shame free outlook from the start....

That line sums it up quite nicely. Why do we feel shame about something that harms no one? <sigh>

Thank you for sharing.

suzy1
11-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Great post Tiffany, there will many of us who can relate to this.

I too can relate, but in a different way.
I have never had any shame or guilt over who I am. I am not boasting. In fact I have no idea why I am the way I am except for my wonderful happy upbringing and never being exposed to any sort of religion.
So I always feel so sorry for members that suffer this way.

Well Tiffany, so you have finely got to my ‘happy place’ Nice here isn’t it.:):):):):):):):):):):)