PDA

View Full Version : One step closer.

Lady Catherine
11-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I came out to my fiance before I joined this site. Three weeks ago I told my oldest son. Last week I told my future step-daughter. Yesterday I told my daughter and her husband. I keep getting one step closer to total freedom. I no longer care who knows or finds out, I just want to tell them all in person. My youngest son is really all I have left, then my brother and sisters. So far everyone is really cool with it all. My step-daughter loves it and keeps asking me to go do girly things with her. I just keep getting more happy by the day.

Peace and love to all.

Launa
11-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Wow thats a lot of people you came out too in a short period of time. Best of luck with everything!

I'm sure you'll tell us how the rest of it will go.

bridget thronton
11-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Good news and great display of acceptance in what seems to be a great family

LelaK
11-24-2012, 12:27 PM
What sorts of girly things does your step-daughter ask you to do with her? How old is she? Have you taken up her offer? Have you suggested doing any girly things together yourself, with her or others? You seem to be in a rather enviable position. Lucky Bummess - I mean Lady.

justmetoo
11-24-2012, 12:46 PM
That's great! It's so nice to have supportive family and it is a very liberating feeling to know that you can be yourself (even if you're not always or ever "dressing" when with them). It's such a good feeling to know you don't have this wall between you and them. (at least that's how it feels for me)
Best wishes with the others! :)

Beverley Sims
11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
It looks like a good future ahead for you.
I would still tread carefully and only do things when asked.
I would hate to see you weird the family out.
All the best.

Lady Catherine
11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
What sorts of girly things does your step-daughter ask you to do with her? How old is she? Have you taken up her offer? Have you suggested doing any girly things together yourself, with her or others? You seem to be in a rather enviable position. Lucky Bummess - I mean Lady.

She is 17. We will be watching TV and she'll say "You should let me do your makeup." We've been shopping together for a evening dress for her and we went to get our nails done together.

Barbara Ella
11-24-2012, 01:17 PM
So happy for you, that you found the courage to do it, and for the wonderfully supportive family members you are surrounded by. I agree, only do what is asked, but do enjoy.

Barbara

Foxglove
11-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi, Catherine! Sounds like you're going for broke. That's what I did a short while ago, and it worked for me. It's a bit different in my case: the only people who don't know are my family. But they live a long way away, so there's no real need for them to know. I think there'll be a need pretty soon, and then I'll tell them. How they react isn't going to be a huge factor in my life (since they live so far away). I came out to people around town and found them all accepting.

I got really lucky. Sounds like you are, too. Hope our luck continues.

Best wishes, Annabelle