PDA

View Full Version : Darn door locks

LadyPilot
11-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey Ladies, I am very new to this forum and kick myself for not finding it sooner; nonetheless, I am glad I am here.:D

A story I want to share aptly title “Darn door locks”. When I was in the Navy (83-87) my carrier went on a world cruise from San Diego to Philadelphia and I was scheduled to get out of the Navy 8 days later. With only 8 days left I pretty much had lots of free time. My brother was stationed on the ship with me and my mother met us in Philly, we visited and rented a car with electric door locks and remote (never used them before) and two days later my mother and brother were headed back to Seattle and I was all alone. What am I to do? Well I had my stash of undies and hose so I thought I would wear nutural hose and shorts and go to the local mall, needless to say that this was my first time going out like that.:D

I wandered around the mall knowing that everybody was looking at me, I don’t think anyone noticed. I did find a store that had a really nice blue mini-skirt that for some reason I just had to have. So after I bought the skirt I went back to the car all the while convincing myself to wear it and go to a nearby Jack in the Box. So when I got back to the car I climbed in the back seat and put on some light brown hose and the mini-skirt, during my wrestling with changing I heard an audible “CLICK” then I stepped out of the car and closed the door. Well the “CLICK” was the remote locking the doors as I was changing.:eek:

Yep, I am locked out of the car wearing a mini-skirt and brown hose, no wallet and diminishing dignity! I wormed my way through the parking lot using the cars as cover until I got to one of the mall entrances to find security to see if they could unlock the car, they couldn’t but they called a locksmith and I heard the guard say to the locksmith “trust me, you will not be able to miss this guy”. It was a very long 2 hour wait for the locksmith at the rental car, and yep, the locksmith found me with no problem.

Hugs

alluts
11-24-2012, 10:09 PM
That would be my luck! Stories like this are why I'm afraid to go out dressed. I can just see something like this happening.
I was dressing once in a bra and thong in my old apartment when there was a knock at the door, it was the apartment manager and the matenance guy coming to change the air filter in the furnace. I was so spooked I didn't know what to do, I ran into the bathroom just as they were unlocking the door assuming I wasn't home due to my GF borowing my car. I quickly put on some pants and a shirt waited until I heard them in the hall and came out after flushing the toilet. I hated living there ever since, I always felt like I had no privacy even though I made a device that would keep the lock from being unlocked from the outside when activated. I am so glad I moved into my home...the first thing I did was made myself out to be a little weird to the neighbors so they don't ask much of me often!

Megan b
11-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Those are the things we all fear; life lessons I guess, sure you thought you could have done without that one. Glad you found your way here.

I Am Paula
11-24-2012, 10:29 PM
A GG I know told me this story about her trucker CD boyfriend. He routinely slepped in his sleeper cab in a night gown, forms and panties. One night nature called, he looked out into the truckstop parking lot, saw not a soul, and thought, 'what the hell'. He climbed down from the cab, slammed the door, and... you can guess the end of this story.-Celeste

Debglam
11-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I have had the key card fail a couple of times when I was staying at hotel/motels. It really was no big deal. I called the front desk and had them send someone with a new key. The security guard that they sent used all the right pronouns and was a perfect gentleman. A girlfriend of mine (Cindy?) told me this story that happened to her at the same hotel though:

She had locked and chained the front door. She stepped out on the patio for a minute and shut the sliding glass door. Unfortunately(!) the door latched and she was locked out of the room. Luckily she was on the ground floor and could make her way to the office. Since the door was chained though, the hotel maintenance man had to smash the door in with a sledge hammer! So much for keeping a low profile!

Roberta Marie
11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Great story. But, in the end, what happened. Other than a bit of embarressment, not much. The world did not come to anend. There was no lynch mob with torches and pitchforks. And you ended up with a great story to tell, which, if you had been wearing drab jeans, would not have been worth mentioning. now you can look back on it and laugh, one of life's little adventures.

LadyPilot
11-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Roberta, no my life didn't come to an end, this was just the start of my new lifestyle. The locksmith did his thing with no questions, comments, etc.. I did go to the Jack in the Box and the front counter (kid) laughed at me and had someone else take my order. This is just one of the things that make me smile when I reflect back, just as I am sure they (security guard, locksmith) smile when they reflect back.

Stephanie47
11-24-2012, 11:53 PM
On the occasions when I go venture out en femme, I make sure I have a spare key around my neck on a chain. I also leave the back door of my house unlocked or a window partially open to crawl back in.

Rhonda Ann
11-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I don't care who you are that's funny right there. LOL Great story I always say if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I have never gone out per say, other than getting in the car and driving around town. I make my evening (after dark) trips to the news office where they have paper machines out front to buy my paper. My greatest fear is someday I will accidentally lock my truck when I get out. Thanks for sharing your story. This site has also done wonders for me. I feel so much better about who I am and what I like to do, CD.

AmyGaleRT
11-25-2012, 04:26 AM
This story makes me soooo glad I bought a car with a keyless entry system. :D At least you probably figured that, after that, things could only get better!

- Amy

ChelseaErtel
11-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the forum. That is a fear we have all had. Your story is like a nightmare I could have had. The upside is, did anything REALLY bad happen? Time didn't stop, the police didn't arrest you, no dishonorable discharge, the sky didn't fall.......

I gather that you didn't have a wig, or any makeup so you were really presenting as a man in a skirt. Hey, if that's you that's you and it doesn't matter a damn what others think. I will say be careful, not all places are tolerant of a guy in a dress or other life style choices. People have been hurt or killed by ignorant morons - so be safe.

So, if you are made as a "man" in a dress, just be comfortable with it. The more comfortable you are others will be comfortable with you too.

MssHyde
11-25-2012, 01:38 PM
great story, I would love to see a video of that