PDA

View Full Version : Amy's Next Baby Step

AmyGaleRT
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
So, this evening, I was all dolled up taking pictures (some of which may be posted later), when my fiancee interrupted me. She needed me to get her some milk to calm her tummy after having eaten something that was too spicy for her.

Well, I could take the time to clean off all the makeup and nail polish, and go in drab...or I could take the opportunity to take another step forward as Amy!

I did change my clothes, though; the white lace dress I had been wearing for photos was a little much, and certainly the heels I'd been wearing wouldn't do on a night like this. So I changed into my floral tights, black French dress, green-and-blue ombre cardigan, and boots. (The same outfit I'm wearing in my profile pic, in fact.) I also fixed my hair using barettes instead of the sparkly headband I had been wearing, and changed to a less-gaudy pair of earrings. A quick touch-up of lipstick, grab and properly pack my purse, tell my fiancee "Be back soon!", and I was out the door!

My fiancee had suggested I go through the McDonald's drive-thru, so that's where I went, after some driving around (not all intentional...I turned right instead of left to avoid a parked police car with lights flashing, and then had to visit a second McDonald's after the first one I went to turned out not to be 24-hour after all). I pulled into the drive-through, and, in proper Amy-voice, said "I'd like two milks, and a medium Diet Coke, please." When I got to the window to pay and receive my items, the young GG at the window gave no indication that she'd read me or not, just collected my $5 bill, gave me the drinks, and then returned with my change. I said "Thank you!" (still Amy-voice), and pulled forward towards the street.

Okay, compared to some of the other stories people have posted recently, it's not much. Still, it's my first interaction with "the outside world" as Amy, and I'm happy with it! :) One day soon, I may be going into a store to get that milk instead. For now, I am sipping away at my Diet Coke, leaving just a few smudges of lipstick on the straw. :battingeyelashes:

- Amy

bridget thronton
11-25-2012, 03:06 AM
A good trip for you and mission accomplished

psion128
11-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Great run. I wish I had the guts to do that. :/

Kate T
11-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Sorry, did I miss something but what happened to your fiancees dodgy tummy and milk?

AmyGaleRT
11-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Sorry, did I miss something but what happened to your fiancees dodgy tummy and milk?

She'd eaten something that was too spicy for her. The milk was to help soothe the spiciness. I just checked with her, and she's feeling better now. (She's busy playing one of her Xbox FPS games...as if I couldn't tell by the cursing. :) )

- Amy