PDA

View Full Version : Should I let it stop me?

bridgetgivens
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm new here, and have a question. I've got HUGE feet. Women's size 14. Because of the size of them, I am very self conscious. Should I let this determine what I should wear, or should I wear what I please and not worry about them?

I'd love to wear some riding boots over skinny jeans, but am hesitant because I feel my feet look MASSIVE!

Thanks!
Bridget

Karren H
11-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I was going to say wear what ever you want but when you mentioned jeans..... I'd recommend stop crossdressing completely.... and never look back! lol.

Welcome to the Fray!

TeresaL
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Should I let this determine what I should wear, or should I wear what I please and not worry about them?
Thanks!
Bridget

You won't be alone here, maybe even close to average.

Jessicaa
11-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I have huge feet too, in mens sizes I am 13. However, i squeezed my feet into a size 11m womens shoe and it looks just fine, a little uncomfortable though lol

kimdl93
11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
No problem. Just a bigger challenge to find the right style in your size...but you're up to the challenge!

Jorja
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Do you enjoy crossdressing? Can you handle any rude comments towards you? Wear what you like and to hell with them if they can't take a joke.

Cynthia Anne
11-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum Bridget! I think you would be surprise to know how many of us have that problem! I say join the croud and wear what you want!

RADER
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi Bridget;
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Pay no attention to Karren about jeans,
She doesn't wear them because they remind her of work.
I wear a size 14 WWW in a men's shoe, As of this moment, I have yet been able to
find anything that resembles a womans shoe except Tenney's. So if you find something
that fits, go for it.
Rader

Lady Catherine
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree with everyone else. Don't let it bother you and just have fun.

linda allen
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Just about all of us have feet and hands that are out of proportion for a female. We have to buy the largest women's shoes made and special bracelets in many cases. Even necklaces may be too short.

It's probably best to wear shoes that don't call attention to your feet. Size 14 pink 6" heels would be a poor choice, at least in public.

Bottom line - we do the best we can with what we have.

Barbara Ella
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
We were dealt some challenges at birth, no doubt. If you love yourself, and dressing, you will find a way. Don't let shoe size drive you away.

Barbara

Jana
11-26-2012, 04:50 PM
It shouldn't determine what you should wear, although some styles of shoes will certainly look better than others. I speak from experience, I got big feet myself!

Julie Denier
11-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Women's 14? Pffft ... I wear a women's 15 (sometimes 14W), and I just found some great slingbacks on sale in a 16 that fit. Don't let a big footprint stop you from dressing up and having fun ;)

Wildaboutheels
11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, admittedly I don't have huge feet... but I'll take a guess at this. I think no matter what shoes you eventually decide you like, If you start conservatively and simply treat other people you come into contact "well" you will gain CONFIDENCE, the key to any CDers success. You will find IF you treat people the way you would like to be treated, most won't care what you are wearing. Once you have gained confidence, then you can get a little more edgy in your attire.

And IF an odd person here or there might not approve?

SO WHAT?

Jilmac
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't speak for myself because my male shoe size is 7 1/2 D, but one of my daughters has long feet and wears a woman's 12 shoe. She's never had much trouble matching shoes to outfits, so I'd say go for it and don't let the size of your shoes be an embarrassment.

Julogden
11-27-2012, 02:44 AM
I wear men's 14/15 and have women's shoes in sizes from 15 to 17, and I used to go out a lot, never let it stop me.

Carol

GabbiSophia
11-27-2012, 04:39 AM
I have big feet also but to heck with it I will just stomp louder to get everyones attention if I have to lol. I will say though that finding the right shoe for a look is a pain, so if you find it then rock it.!!

Beverley Sims
11-27-2012, 11:12 AM
As you can see by all the replies most of us have a good grip on Terra Firma. :)

docrobbysherry
11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I've seen a few women with huge feet, Bridget. Stick with black and dark shades. If no one notices anything odd about your fem appearance except your feet, I'd say you're passing!

willnotwill
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
No, being larger (or based on my wife's experience smaller) than average makes obtaining clothes harder but no reason to give up.
I've got size 12 MENS shoes so i'm in the same shoe size range as yours. While you'll not find shoes in a store or even in some of the mainstream catalogs they can be found.

Gosh, I even found pointe shoes that fit me (I have renewed respect for ballerinas after that!).

Cheryl T
11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Have your feet stopped you from doing anything else in your life, like choosing a career, finding a mate, climbing a mountain?????
Then why should they stop you from anything?

chrisadd
11-27-2012, 07:15 PM
A year ago I was dressing in women's slacks to make myself more passable. One night, I was in a dark parking lot when a truck went by--at least 50 -75 feet away --and then I heard the brakes screech and a few seconds later the guy driving the truck had turned around and pulled in front of me. He was giving me the thumbs up to let me know he was interested and it was ok. Well I took off because I wasn't sure what his real intentions were.
He had identified me as a guy in women's clothing even in a dark parking lot and even when I was behind my car.
SO the lesson I took away was that I hated wearing the slacks and that if it didn't really make me passable to be wearing them then the heck with it. I would wear skirts and dresses that I really enjoyed and I have ever since.

bridgetgivens
11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful support! I just want to clarify, that my feet aren't stopping me from cross dressing, but rather, I was wondering if I should stop wearing those boots specifically. Not whether or not I should stop dressing altogether. Thanks! :)

Roberta Young
11-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Bridget, Same boat as You. Or I should say My shoes double as aircraft carriers. haha That doesnt affect what stellitoes I wear. I think People look at the style more than size. Sexy is sexy. Oh by the way try sexyshoes.com great size selection. Hugs Roberta

AlexisGray
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Don't worry about your feet, infact you're better off than me too. I wear a men's 14... So far the only ladies shoes I've found that will fit me are too expensive for me to afford, luckily I'm still young and no one will think twice about a pair of chucks. ^_^
Want to know my trick? Find stuff that A: Fits you correctly, and B: You're comfortable in; Confidence goes a long way!
I do agree, dark colors would be good. And If your feet are the only thing thats a little off don't sweat it. While it's not foot related, my little sister's pinkies are as long as mine, and I can easily pick her up and carry her over my shoulder.

Lynn Marie
11-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Wear the highest heels you can walk in. They will make you're feet look smaller! My highest heels are 5 1/2 inches and they are size 12. My lowest heels are 3 inches and they are size 14. It's got something to do with with the angle of the arch. I quite often get compliments on my heels.