PDA

View Full Version : out and about with out a FIM ID law

Cindy J Angel
11-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I have been out and have used my male Id well aver time . We do our best not to b read but giveing it a way with our male ID. Even my credit card has my male pic on it. Now i have looked in to it hear in NC. and what i can tell is that we can only have one state ID Drivers or pic . so how do we get one and what have outher done lv cindy

Rogina B
11-27-2012, 10:25 PM
The Real ID Act now prevents having 2 different forms of State ID[a federal law]. You can get a new driver's license with your girl pic on it but your male info. But no more State ID with girl pic/male info and then a male/male DL. In fact at the Florida DMV,they said they would have to take my ID card if I handed in for an address change. I kept it in my purse!

NathalieX66
11-27-2012, 10:29 PM
FIM ID law.....is this federal or state?

I have two credit cards that have Nathalie on them.

RADER
11-27-2012, 10:53 PM
FIM ID law.....is this federal or state?

I think that only applies to state issued ID Cards, Like Drivers Licenses
or State Issued ID Cards. Not Credit Cards.
Rader

Jacky Aikou
11-27-2012, 11:03 PM

So naturally, those cards must get used waaay more than your male name cards. :heehee:

I've only been out in public as Jacquelyn a few times, but I too have felt a little self-conscious when the cash runs out and I have to use my male credit or debit card. No doubt people I interact with already realize I am just a CD, but throwing my civilian name out there is awkward...

linda allen
11-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Federal law prohibits having multiple ID cards or driver's licenses with different names, etc. Not because of crossdressing, but because of fraud and drivers presenting different licenses each time they get a ticket so they don't lose their licenses.

Of course, you could always look into making or purchasing a fake ID in your female name. I wouldn't show it to the police but it would probably work in a retail store.

Julogden
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
In Illinois, you can have a driver's license with a photo dressed as one gender and a state ID card dressed as the other gender. I'm pretty sure that the information on both have to be the same.

Carol

Rogina B
11-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Not any more!! This Federal Law[REALIDACT] is the boss now over the states. Our Id cards here in Florida are good for ten years,but can never be renewed or reissued...I think if you check locally,you will now see what I am telling.Went into effect last year.
In Illinois, you can have a driver's license with a photo dressed as one gender and a state ID card dressed as the other gender. I'm pretty sure that the information on both have to be the same.

Carol

AllisontheGoddess
11-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Sooo what exactly is this "FIM ID LAW"??!?!?! It's really got me interested, cause I would love an ID with me en femme on it, even if it still had all of my male information on it.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
11-29-2012, 05:28 AM
I have been out and have used my male Id well aver time . We do our best not to b read but giveing it a way with our male ID. Even my credit card has my male pic on it. Now i have looked in to it hear in NC. and what i can tell is that we can only have one state ID Drivers or pic . so how do we get one and what have outher done lv cindy

I use the attached card that I made. Its not that it is an ID card, but a card telling people what I am doing and that it is really me. I used photo shop to make it and then laminated it. If you can't make one, let me know and I'll make one for you,PM it to you and you can laminate it.

Helen Grandeis
11-29-2012, 05:40 AM
You can get a credit card with any name on it you want. There is no intent to defraud.

linda allen
11-29-2012, 07:17 AM
You can get a credit card with any name on it you want. There is no intent to defraud.

1) How would you do that? Don't they check your credit? Does Jane Doe have a credit record?

2) What happens when you give them your credit card and they ask for your ID?

JeanneF
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I use the attached card that I made. Its not that it is an ID card, but a card telling people what I am doing and that it is really me. I used photo shop to make it and then laminated it. If you can't make one, let me know and I'll make one for you,PM it to you and you can laminate it.

That's a really smart idea. Especially in the case of an accident or emergency, it's a good idea to have id with your "official" name/DL/address etc. I'll have to make one up for myself