PDA

View Full Version : Exhausting!

max
11-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one for whom shopping and trying to figure out different outfits is exhausting?

I spent a long time at goodwill pawing through lots of different things trying to figure out what I liked or what might work for me and came up with a couple maybes. None of them ended up working out.

Is it just that I have no idea how to put outfits together or what really looks good on me that makes it so tiring?

How do I figure out how to put outfits together? It doesn't feel like I've made any progress.

Leah Lynn
11-28-2012, 08:41 PM
I like to look at what the girls are wearing, and look in catalogs and magazines to see what is popular/available. Then shop with an idea as to what I want. If I find something else that I like, I'll get it too, if I can afford it. This past week I went a little crazy shopping (in store and on line), and spent about two month's clothing allowance. But, if it's on sale and fits; ya gotta have it!

Kate Simmons
11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
If you have the feel for it, it's really not skill so much as instinct. If you visualize the look and make it work for you, it usually will. It's not so much appearance as it is confidence.:)

docrobbysherry
11-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Max, I understand! I have no imagination. I copy the looks I like with what I have or what I buy at the thrifts. Then, I look at the pics from that session. Sometimes they ROCK! Sometimes they SUCK!

The secret is buying enuff stuff cheaply so that u can put together most any outfit except the fashionista, runway model looks! Ha ha!