PDA

View Full Version : I'm still finding it hard to believe...

Kimberlyfaye
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I didn't get Ma'amed today. I got Darlin'd!!

My natural hair is quite long now. So anyway today while I was working a man came up to me and because I was facing the other way, said "Excuse me darlin." When I turned around he quickly responded with "Oh I'm sorry." And he laughed away his mistake. Well I say 'mistake'... ;-)

Anyway, I was beaming away inside after that. What a comment! I've never had that before.
Just wanted to share it with all of you. I'm sure many of you know how it feels.

Hugs

Angela Campbell
11-29-2012, 06:57 PM
When I was young, from 14 to about 29 I was called maam all the time and in those days I always dressed as a man outside of the house. I did have hair halfway down my back though, and was quite thin. I liked hip hugger bell bottoms in those days and usually wore a bracelet. From the back I was pretty fem looking I guess. Wish I could say that today.

Cynthia Anne
11-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I've had a few Darlins thoughout the years and yes it's quite special! Keep on smilin'!

RenneB
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
That's a great one girl..... wait til you pass two GG's and you hear one whisper to the other "how dare she wear something like that.." Hasn't happened to me yet but someday... maybe... for now I'm happy with the ma'ams...

Renne.....

Beverley Sims
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Those things only happened when I was a 98 pound weakling, and proud of it!
I could really wear dresses then. XSSW! Size 8 today?

kimdl93
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Good for you, Kimberly!

Ceri Anne
11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
When I was young, from 14 to about 29 I was called maam all the time and in those days I always dressed as a man outside of the house. I did have hair halfway down my back though, and was quite thin. I liked hip hugger bell bottoms in those days and usually wore a bracelet. From the back I was pretty fem looking I guess. Wish I could say that today.

ah yes, the 70's. How many times I would be driving down the street and see someone in hip hugging jeans, long flowing hair........only to pass them from behind ready to whistle and see a beard..........lol

Karren H
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
What a bunch of rude ass people!

audreyinalbany
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I seem to get a fair number of "honeys" from GGs when out out en femme. I don't know if they're being condescending or if girls really do call each other 'honey.'

KimberlyJean
11-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I have gotten, a dear, hey babe, and my favorite was while I was looking at dresses in Belk when a couple came right to the same rack I was at and I overheard them saying "Him- I like that dress" "Her- You like the dress or the blond?"

Stephanie47
11-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Times have changed. Years ago, pre 1965, I was with my family taking a ride on the Staten Island ferry. There was a person with back to us, who had very long hair in a pony tail. When the person turned around HE had a full beard. All I heard from mom and dad was negative remarks about 'damn hippies.' You youngsters wanting to chastise us old folks for not coming clean about CDing to spouses..... Well, get in your time machines and venture back. It was common for the general population to make terrible remarks about 'damn hippies' and gays and lesbians.

I think there recently was an 'unnamed' Presidential candidate who thought it was great fun to humiliate a long haired classmate by cutting off his locks. Said candidate and I were born months apart, and, I always had a totally different opinion of people with long hair or who were different.

I happy you enjoyed the comment. And, I'm even happier the person making the comment did not make any rude remarks. Enjoy the moment.

Allisa
11-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Funny thing about long hair it is still considered a female trait.Being a child of the 60/70"s I can't count the amount of times I got cat calls,whistles,horn blowing,etc..The fun part is the reaction after the error of thier ways is found out.I must admit it probably didn"t hurt that I was 5'-7",130lbs,and waist lenght hair.Now there is no mistaking my gender even with my only mid back lenght hair,wheather it is down or ponyed.Enjoy the hair I always have.

Bye-Bye

xdressed
12-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Sounds great, it's funny how small things like this can really make your day ^_^

How long is your hair now?

Dena
12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
No, I've never had a man call me Darlin!

Kimberlyfaye
12-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I would say it's slightly shorter than shoulder length now. It's a nice feeling when you can pull your own hair into a ponytail and be able to feel the tug.

reb.femme
12-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Nice that you got the compliment and as others have said, "enjoy the moment".

I had shoulder length hair until I was 21 and would often get called 'love', when viewed from behind. I weighed in at all of 130 lbs when wet and was as skinny as a tooth pick...if only that were the case now.

It would be great to pass so readily, but I'm fast being vintage. :)

Rebecca

Donna June
12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm small and my hair is a bit long so I have been called Miss a number of times. One time I was with a female friend (I was in male mode) and we were at the entrance booth at a state park and the guy there said "hi ladies". Once they realized they would say "sorry" and I'd say no problem, but I'd be smiling inside. Feels good doesn't it Kimberly?

xdressed
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I would say it's slightly shorter than shoulder length now. It's a nice feeling when you can pull your own hair into a ponytail and be able to feel the tug.

It's been years since my hair was that short lol, by the time it's just lower than your chest you'll be amazed with what you can do with it ^_^

Tracii G
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Still growing mine so maybe someday I will get ma'amd.
Back in the late 70's mine was close to waist length and layered.I wish it was that long again.