PDA

View Full Version : Guy clothes are so plain....

jessbcuzz
11-29-2012, 09:15 PM
After working in a factory for 15 years on second and third shift, I finally got a job on 1st that is in an office! I was all excited until I was told I had to wear shirts that have a collar. When I buy clothes for my fem self, I buy on impulse and I don't really pay attention to color, style, or what not. If it is cute, it is mine! Now that I have to pay attention to buying dress shirts, I never realized how dull guy's clothes are. I must have found 40 women tops that I would love to wear to the 1 guy shirt that finally struck my fancy. Even shopping on-line supports my claim the guy clothes are so dull and typical. I went to 10 different sites and they all pretty much had the same style and boring colors. The womens section on the same sites resulted in different choices all 10 times. I wish I could get away with wearing womens tops... Oh, well.

Kelli Ca
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean it sucks the selection, not just shirts but everything

ArleneRaquel
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Mens clothing is so drab. lol Dressed As Male....that is just a bore. Doing nails, matching outfits, hairstyles, the proper makeup and eye wear is so much more exciting.

Cynthia Anne
11-29-2012, 09:43 PM
I couldn't agree with you more! I'm glad I don't have to buy male clothes anymore!

Karren H
11-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Anything is as plain as you make it.... personally I wear male suit every day in the office... when I not at one of the mines.... even though I don't have to and my boss doesn't... and I have a great selection of colorful shirts and amazing ties.... mainly my Jerry Garcia ties.... always get compliments from women and men coworkers.... the other day two women in two separate stores came up to me out of the blue and said they loved my tie..... the way I see it I look damn good in who's ever clothes I want to wear....

Kelly DeWinter
11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Drab ! Mens clothes are anything but drab ! I have bright, purple,red,green,and blue shirts, shirts with white cuffs and white collars and bright strips. There are ties and bowties out now that put the Cristrmas tree in Rockafeller plaza to shame. Sometimes my co workers will ask me if my shirts and ties come with a dimmer switch. I will admit that pants can be a bit plain, although more and more designers are doing some interesting things with new fabrics and colors. No there is no shirts with plunging necklines, but who knows what the future brings ?

I Am Paula
11-29-2012, 10:31 PM
A London Tailor, Beau Brummel, invented the modern men's suit toward the end of the Victorian era. It was designed to cope with foul and filthy horsecrap laden streets, and smoke clogged air. That was the last major change in mens clothing. Over a century of godawful, ill fitting, boring mens clothes. Minor variations on the daily grind...pants and shirt...pants and shirt...pants and shirt. Yuck.-Celeste

Beverley Sims
11-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Karen Hutton has it right. My father told me to be a snappy dresser as clothes maketh the man.
I think women are the best thing since sliced bread and it gives me a boost if they notice me these days.
I get a greater boost if they like my heels or dress. Or even my jeans and top...... :)

Sandra1746
11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
The color palate for men's clothes seems to resemble mud more than anything else. Women's clothes feature bright colors and have far more variation in cut and style.

Unfortunately in the business world conformity rules. I, thankfully, don't have to abide by those rules anymore. Maybe in time men's fashions will come around but it will take time.

Wear what makes you feel good,
Sandra1746

WillowWriter
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I agree 100% Guy clothes can be sooooooooo dull and boring. I love all the cute and fun clothes my girlfriend wears.

stephNE
11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Noticing the men I regularly work with, the majority of them wear white, or light blue (oxford cloth) shirts EVERY DAY. It is so boring. I have loads of purple, pink, and striped shirts as well as brightly colored ties. I frequently get good comments from women, but teased by men "...looks a little gay to me.." I wonder what they'll say when I start wearing my floral and leopard print blouses, and others with frilly collars and cuffs.

GG7irish
11-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Nice thing about women's clothes is they make you feel good even if no one can see them under your drab clothes, you know you have them on underneath :)

Jamie001
11-30-2012, 10:08 AM
I HATED ties...felt like a noose around the neck...I worked for an architectural firm in the city...we designed the Twin Towers, (R.I.P. victims and all my love to the families still all these years later...)...Empire State Bldg renovations...and myriad other sundry projects....we had over 500 draftsmen on staff...Oh, I used to wear them in NYC...ties...expensive ties...REALLY expensive ties, suits, shoes...but at the end of the day...on the way...to the subway...as soon as I got out of the bldg...the tie was in my pocket, my collar was unbuttoned, and I felt...off the gallows.

I felt FREE to breathe...and yeah...the subway home! JOY!

Got home, shunned the suit, rid the loafers, donned the panties, nylons, and silk pyjamas...curled up by the fire and read a great book, or entertained myself with great music on the hi-fi, a bit of red or white wine, and soft slippers. maybe some late night TV...but not too late. My NYC apt wasn't far from the office...but I loved (And still do) my coffee, so coffee, the Times, and off to work! On the subway you folded the paper so as not to intrude on your fellow rider...and then it was off the subway, a bagel or maybe a hot pretzel off the cart in front of the building, and up to the office...another day in NY! GOD I LOVE NYC!

NYC? STILL MY TOWN! We visit every year...twice a year...my wife and I. Christmas, and when I play the NYC Hard Rock Cafe later in the year...Families still abound, we still ride up and down 5th Ave with the Holiday lights and presentations...we leave the 15th and usually come back on the 5th...Give all our office workers the time off...and off we go!

Guess what? No suits, no ties, no tasseled loafers for me! never ever ever again! :)

Hated ties...

Did I mention WE LOVE NYC?

I thought I did....:)

The reason that I hate neckties is because males are forced to wear them while women can wear open collars even if they are wearing a poli shirt! Personally I will never wear a necktie because they are sexist and I don't like what they stand for. Please see the following URL regarding neckties:

http://www.gydlepublishing.com/blog/2011/07/10-reasons-not-to-wear-a-tie/

daarleane
11-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Yesterday I went shopping for a shirt and tie to wear to a friends wedding. The shirt is the same as those I purchased in the mid 50's. The suit I will be wearing is over 10 years old. Mens clothes are boring and generally depressing especially when you go for business wear. There are plenty of jobs that you had not change anything, after all we have an image to project. Anyone wishing for the business suit to go away? Look at the international news, what does everyone all over the world wear? It is just part of the male image. It will change when men stop being the political and business leaders of the world. Just my thoughts.

ElleduSud
11-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Silky and shiny fabrics, too

http://www.contemposuits.com/zootsuits.html

Jocelyn Quivers
11-30-2012, 02:23 PM
You just have to use your imagination a little more in order to spruce up the male wardrobe. When I'm feeling more outgoing, I'll pull out a pink, shirt, pink neck tie, or maybe even pasiley. Perhaps cufflinks, or a shirt with my initials sewn on the cuff's or pockets. Then just to really be the center of attention, I'll go back to the Eisenhower era and wear a hat!

Julie Denier
11-30-2012, 05:52 PM
I enjoy wearing a smart suit, a sharp tie, coordinating pocket square, classy fedora and my Cole-Haan cap-toe laceups. I enjoy being and dressing as a guy, but relish the occasional opportunity to get femmed up ;)

Stephanie47
11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
OK, dark_brown eyes, I worked in an office for over thirty years. I wore dress shirts and slacks and a TIE. That was the defining choice of how I felt when I got up in the morning. Yes, bog choice---slacks were black, navy, brown or gray. Shoes were black or brown. So far..boring as hell. Dress shirts were always a solid color. Now, I did shy away from pink. However, I wore a rainbow of colors. I mostly bought at JCPenny.

TIES... I wore different color solids, mixed colors and patterns. Best of all I wore character ties on holidays..Disney characters, Peanuts, holiday patterns. It was the only way I could do some self expression. And, when I needed a special pick me up I wore some very pretty white or black nylon panties.

As Marine Corps Gunny Highway would say, "adapt, improvise and overcome." Think outside of the box(er) shorts.

justmetoo
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I agree about the paucity of choice in men's clothing - fewer colors, fewer fabrics, fewer types of garments, etc. Especially the more conservative a business, business sector, etc., is. Look at almost any group of US politicians dressed for the office - lots of dark suits on the men and very little color except for a few ties and some women's dresses. Even in more casual circumstances you will find more drabness and less variation among male clothing (and adornment!). Sure, you can find color, but if it's there it's often loud, like Hawaiian shirts, or still part of a "uniform", like sports jerseys.
Yes, men's cloting can be dapper, but most of the dapper stuff is not suitable to a hot climate, especially for someone like me. If I lived somewhere cooler I could see getting spruced up in a nice suit and vest/waistcoat, for example. Although, when it's comes to men's wear my tastes would tend more to styles that would fit in better at a steampunk event rather than a bank or political office. Or even to earlier times (pre-Brummel), like the early days of the US, where there was a bit more variety in styles and colors in gentleman's clothing. Often even more so when it came to military uniforms.

NathalieX66
11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Totally agree.
I can sit and admire women all day, and feel jealous of their fashion....or I can be a willing participant.

I choose the latter. :drink:

Melissa73
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
well i am glad im not alone!!!!! ive always thought boy clothes were boring.......

bimini1
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah women do have more options but men's fashion can look good too. I like women's stuff more prolly cuz I have less access to it, to wear it. But I feel pretty 'fly' in a nice men's suit.