PDA

View Full Version : is it in my DNA too?

harley47
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I was talking with a woman I have known for over 30 years. The topic of dressing nicely came up (I had mentioned the closing of Joslin's department store some years back-no doubt affected by the super casual-sometimes 'grunge' look). She remarked how carelessly most women dress, rarely wear dresses. She said that she has always liked making herself pretty--she said 'it's in my DNA'. I understood what she meant--more likely conditioning from youth (she's 70), but it got me to wondering if maybe crossdressing and trying to be pretty, liking soft things-a silky Polyester blouse,etc-maybe that too is in 'my DNA'.
How do others feel?

JenniferR771
11-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I feel you are born with the crossdressing urge. Autogynophilia. The term Dr Ray Blanchard uses. He is at the Canadian Institute of Mental health.
But its more like left handed. Not genetic, because then one of your parents is probably a crossdresser.

harley47
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
it is a complicated situation--to be so isolated from the general public. Today we attended a play in Denver-saw many women dressed nicely for different shoes-actually saw sheer hosiery. such a rare sight these days. causes me to feel a little sad--knowing that, realistically, I can't pass and not really ambitious enough to try. But I have every bit as much desire to 'look pretty' in my own way if resticted to lingerie and sheer pantyhose.

Annie M
12-02-2012, 12:47 AM
I contend that my mother was given DES - Diethylstilbestrol and that may have been the reason for my attraction to a CD life. Only in the past few years having looked back on things have I began to understand than I in reality might be more transsexual than cross dresser. Seeing women dressed I do feel envy and sad I cant be among them. Additionally I have a strong desire to make my body fit my minds view of me. Dressing up is fun and I have dressed as long as I can recall but now changing my chemistry to match is much more fulfilling emotionally. So is it in the DNA? I dont know but it is very deep indeed.