PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting hubby a nightgown, need a little bit of help.

WIFE GG/SO
11-30-2012, 11:18 AM
My hubby is a CD'r, but only dresses in our home now. I'm thinking of getting him a nightgown for Christmas. This will be the first gift I've given him for CD'ing in 20 years of marriage. I want to make him happy, I really do.

So I picked out this nightgown because it doesn't accentuate the breasts much, but is also in soft silky material that I think he likes.

The size though...right now he's a 1X in mens shirts, so would I probably have to get him a 2X in this woman's nightie? I thought maybe some of you would have more knowledge on how the sizes transfers between male and females.

Thanks!!

Di

I tried to attach a picture, but it won't work. Suffice it to say it's a black baby doll nightie with sort of a peasant top neckline. I'll try to put the link in here one more time:

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Tricot-babydoll-sleep-gown-by-Amoureuse.aspx?PfId=238890&DeptId=16257&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Ceri Anne
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Sizing with womens tops is always very tricky. I'm between a L and 1X in button down shirts, and always a 1x in tshirts and polos. I wear a 43 suit coat, to give you reference. In nightgowns, I usually by a 1X. If its more form fitting, I'll go a 2X (also my bra is a 40B (with forms)) In womens shirts, I get a 16 or 18 (shoulders) or a 1x normally. If they are streachy, I can even fit L. I don't wear forms when I sleep, so I often wear a chemis that does not have formed cups, and of course go for the lace trimed but satiny fabric because thats what feels the sexiest. Hope this helps. The fit of the one you are showing should do well as a 1X.

SherriePall
11-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry, I can't help you with sizes. I know what works for me, but that's it. Good for you, though, that you feel comfortable enough to buy your husband a nightgown. My wonderful wife is still miles from doing that.

alwayshave
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I would love it if my fiancee bought me a nightgown for Christmas.

May I suggest http://www.shadowlinelingerie.com/proddetail.php?prod=32737%2FSIZE%2FCOLOR

The only reason I suggest an alternative as I need a more substantial strap as I tend to be hard on spaghetti straps. I wear a men's xl and wear a women's 3x. Like your choice it doe snot accentuate the breasts.

TGMarla
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
I think that's a really thoughtful and selfless thing to do for your husband. Whether it's a style he likes or not, I'm betting that this gift will mean more to him than just about anything else you've ever gotten him. However, you've already said that you fear the slippery slope he seems to be on. Your getting him this nightie may well rubber-stamp his behavior, and he may intensify his crossdressing if he feels that you're giving him the green light.

But I still think it's wonderful of you to do this for him.

Sizing.....I can't help you. Do you know his measurements or his dress size? I'm 5'9", about 165 lbs, and I fit into a size 10-12 rather nicely.

Meg East
11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
My guess he'll love the nightie. Are you going for the black or the red.

I can't help you with the size I haven't found much uniformity even within individual brands. I have two skirts that only differ in color, both size 14, one fits perfectly and the other is too tight.

kimdl93
11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi Di,

I've been surprised to find that my measurements in tops aren't all that far off in womens. I wear a 2xl shirt and have found that some 2x women's tops are too big for me. But then I'm on the borderline betwen 1x and 2x in men's too. I just need the shoulders and the sleeve length.

I'm 6'2", wear a 44L sport coat and I'm perfectly happy in my xl nighties.

bobbimo
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi Di,
Your choice of nightgown is perfect. Your a great wife.
Thanks you, and Merry Christmas.
Bobbi

Karren H
11-30-2012, 11:49 AM
My rule of thumb has always been subtract 21 from my waist to get my skirt or slack size.... add a couple for dress size since men are larger on top than bottom.... once you get the dress size then you can look up where that falls.... www.womenssizechart.com is a good resource....

Tina B.
11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Wife, nice choice for a gift, and yes I have found that in most things, I take one size larger in womens section than I do in the mens section. 1X mens would mean 2 X womens. That works most of the time, although cut and style can make a difference.

Stephanie47
11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
What I do is to go to the retailer's site and see if they post a size chart. The size chart is going to be fairly accurate. Take your man's chest size and waist size and compare it to the women's size chart. It should work fine, especially with a cut on the nightie which does not cling to the body. Flowing nighties do not have to be exact in the waist and hips.

When I buy nighties for my wife, I ALWAYS buy a color matching nightie if one does not come with the nightie. The salesclerks usually comment on that it a positive manner, since there is always an element of leakage. The panty also gives an element of sensual feel to the male's private parts.

For Valentine's Day, if it works now for Christmas, I recommend getting him a floor length nightgown/ensemble; nightgown with a matching wrap. The short nighties have a tendency to ride up while sleeping (another reason for the matching panty.)

Have fun with your lucky guy!

Launa
11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't know if you need to go to the 2X size. I bought a penoir set called the Amoureuse from One Stop Plus I bought 1X and I have a lot of room in it. They seem to fit very loose.

Lorileah
11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Tops seem to be 2 times larger. ie med mens, XL womens. So 1X mens, 3X womens. Sometimes you can get a size smaller but it can be uncomfortable

JohnnieCD
11-30-2012, 12:21 PM
"One other problem...every since he started shaving his legs and armpits I've found that I cannot seem to participate sexually with him. It is a turn off for me. I've tried to talk myself out of feeling this way, but those smooth legs and arms just bother me sexually. I am attracted to manly men, and this is so feminine. I don't like it."

I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a wife that has known for sometime her SO crosses, dislikes her SO shaving, fearful it may escalate, is attracted to manly men would seek advice on the purchase of a nightgown...

Lorileah
11-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a wife that has known for sometime her SO crosses, dislikes her SO shaving, fearful it may escalate, is attracted to manly men would seek advice on the purchase of a nightgown...

Let me try and help.
night·gown
noun \-ˌgau̇n\
Definition of NIGHTGOWN
archaic : dressing gown
: a loose garment for wear in bed It does not have to be sexual. Many men get this confused. They think that anything they buy their SO to wear to bed must have some sexual connotation. Thus the number of impractical items of nightwear in the drawer that are never worn

Point number 2, WIFE is trying to work WITH her hubby on this and is trying to be accepting.

MsRenee
11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Ive found out that sizes do vary by maker. Hes gonna be estatic to open that present. Like a kid in the candy store. I give you a big hug for that. If anything if it doesnt fit. it gives you both the chance to take it and return it. May help loosen her up in pubkic to wear you both can have some fun in the lingerie dept. My way of trying the size is to grab the item just around the bust on both sides then hold up against the breast area and see if it goes to the sides equally just under the pit area.
Renee

WIFE GG/SO
11-30-2012, 12:51 PM
"One other problem...every since he started shaving his legs and armpits I've found that I cannot seem to participate sexually with him. It is a turn off for me. I've tried to talk myself out of feeling this way, but those smooth legs and arms just bother me sexually. I am attracted to manly men, and this is so feminine. I don't like it."

Above all else, I want him to be happy, to be contented. He has told me that dressing in woman's undies and nylons bring him comfort. My husband is a hard working, working 60 hours per week at a high stress job. If I can bring him some small comfort by giving him a nightgown to wear, it is worth it to me. What happens in our home I can handle...I don't think I could handle him going out of the house fully dressed though.

Di

Eryn
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Johnnycd, you don't recognize a spouse trying to bridge the gap between her feelings and her husband's? She deserves support, not petty questions designed to create conflict!

In answer to the question, women's sizing tends to be one larger than men's. I wear M in men's T shirts and a L in women's tops.

My wife Mimi and I enjoy having matching nightgowns. It's a little thing that has brought us a bit closer.

JohnnieCD
11-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Johnnycd, you don't recognize a spouse trying to bridge the gap between her feelings and her husband's? She deserves support, not petty questions designed to create conflict!

In answer to the question, women's sizing tends to be one larger than men's. I wear M in men's T shirts and a L in women's tops.

My wife Mimi and I enjoy having matching nightgowns. It's a little thing that has brought us a bit closer.

I didn't ask a question, I made a statement. and I am not trying to create conflict, I'm expressing concern someone is possibly playing on our hope of a supportive SO embracing our dressing and while using it so gain attention..we all need attention and I realize that, but more than most are in the closet and are sparked at the interest a possible SO's acceptance..

Been hurt before by people playing mind games....call me cautious!

sometimes_miss
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
The brand you're buying has different sizing than other stuff at woman within; I purchased this in 1x size: http://www.womanwithin.com//clothing/Lace-top-chemise-by-Amoureuse.aspx?pfid=188206&ProductTypeId=1&DeptId=16257&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona
and it fits a 46 to 48 inch chest, snugly, but it's sort of elastic and made to be worn that way up top. That might give you some idea of sizing with that company. I'm pretty big, so the concept of me fitting into a 1x woman's anything is rather surprising. I also wear most of their other intimate items in a 1x. The biggest issue I have when purchasing female tops is the sleeves and armholes by the shoulders; most are just too tight. Guess I shouldn't have spent so much time weightlifting.

RADER
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Wife;
I would go for the 2 X size, a little large fits better than a skin tight nightgown.
I just know you will get some extra Hugs on Christmas Morning.
Rader

sandra-leigh
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
One thing to watch out for is length. In general, men tend to have longer torsos and shorter legs then women, so items designed to fall just below the crotch on women might be too revealing to wear around the house on a male.

The nightgown that I wear the most in practice is similar to this one (http://www.kimallansilk.com/productdetail.php?proid=74), but with briefer sleeves (and has a leg slit). Unfortunately the exact item I bought (from that company) was being discontinued even as I bought it.

Probably easier for you to examine ahead of time would be something from Calvin Klein's sleepware collection (http://www.cku.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3001644). I bought the 3/4 length one, which is "tunic length" on me (I am 6' tall) -- that is, propriety is observed if it is all the way down, but if one is sitting casually or facing someone with one's legs happen to be a bit apart, then it might be too short. I haven't worn mine yet.

Sandra bailey
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Wife what an awesome pressy I'm sure he will be over the Moon, I know I would be, I must say you know the way to his heart so carry on it feels so good when someone loves you the way you are and wants to make you happy

shawnsheila
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Because I have a large shoulders, I usually wear L or XL (Size 14) tops in women's size but I am a 10/12 in skirt sizes. My Bra size is 42 B/C and I am 5'6" and 170lbs. I am so grateful to you for supporting your husband. He is a very lucky gal to have a loving and understanding wife like you. Make him take you out for all your patience/love and understanding with him :)

BRANDYJ
11-30-2012, 03:08 PM

I second, third and fourth this! You are not making many friends here Johnnyc. Did you have a wife or girlfriend leave you over your cross dressing? It sure seems like you are very bitter toward any GG that accepts or is trying hard to accept.

Wife, I'd go for the 2X too. There is a lot of wiggle room when wearing a simple nightgown. But I'd rather it be a bit to large than to small or tight.

And how loving and thoughtful of you!

Jennifer Cox
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Have you considered buying two (or more) sizes and taking back the one(s) that don't fit? Being near Xmas it's easy to return items, even after several weeks (in the UK anyway!).

MsRenee
11-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Why does it seem possible that she is very supportive of her hubbies dressing. Like mother always told me Johnny if you dont have anything nice to say then keep. quiet. Theres a lot of cds outhere that have supportive s/o's. and veey lucky that they love us for who we are.
Renee

stacycoral
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Wife it is a sweet thing you are doing for SO in such a wonderful gift, i wear one of my SO's baby dolls from her brideshower some 20 years ago, and sleeping in a silk is so nice. Thank you for being a true Wife, and loving her as is. happy holidays to you both hugs

Joanne.England
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Like many I can't help on the sizing but may be better loose rather than tight. I just think it is such a loving thing to do. Have tou thought about a matching one for yourself. Have a good Christmas.

Confetti
11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
The sweetest gifts are the ones with love! I found one for my friend long pink and white with puff sleeves similar to a very old one he admired.It is loose and says wears it often.

Alice B
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
If he wears 1X in woman's shirts that have sleeves he will wear a 1x if the nightie had sleeves. If it has only straps he will wear an XL. I wear 1X in shirts and XL in sleeveless garments because the sholders are not taking up space.

kathtx
11-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi WIFE,

That's a very sweet thought for a gift that he will really appreciate. Others have given good advice on sizing (particularly the person who mentioned the difference between male and female torso sizes).

If you find it unsettling to see a silky gown matched up against your hubby's hairy legs, you could try a longer length that would hide the legs more (unless you want to keep his legs bare as a reminder to yourself that this he's your man, regardless of what he's wearing). There are also women's nightshirts that aren't that different in cut from a long men's shirt, but have a feminine color and fabric. Lots of things you can try.

Most importantly, when giving such a gift, be sure you're both on the same page as to whether this is something you're OK with him wearing every night, or just sometimes, and whether it's something he can wear for, um, intimate encounters, or if it's just for sleeping. One thing you'll see a lot as you read this forum is husbands who overinterpret a little acceptance as a license to go overboard. If you're both aware of that danger you can maybe head it off by talking. As with every other issue in a marriage, open and honest communication is the way to go.

Tracii G
11-30-2012, 03:59 PM
I think she is being more than fair plus she wants her man to be happy. I give her huge props.
She is going thru a lot right now so lets show some support!

ClosetED
11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Di, thank you for staying! I also can't help with size, but have some thoughts. This is first female clothing you have bought him ever, so it will have a lot of special meaning, so the words, actions, body language that go with it will be important. If the shaved legs bothered you, then being in bed with him in the gown might be worse, so as long as you have accepted and openly embrace it, your partner will know. But it will also be a good time for a serious talk about trust and limits. An ankle bracelet may be another item if he likes underdressing and can add that won't be visible but will be a reminder of your love. Keep the postings going!

Cheryl T
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Measure one of his shirts and compare it to the size chart for the nightgown.
And bless you for being so supportive....

Alberta_Pat
11-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Hello Di;

What a wonderful thought!

I looked at the link you provided, and there is a sizing chart right there with measurements.

You can take a tape measure to your husband and then you will know the right size to get.

Cheers;

Pat

WIFE GG/SO
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
He answered, " that would be nice hon, but I'd rather have a new tool".

Go figure. Maybe his crossdressing isn't as big of a deal as I thought?

Weird.

Di

Eryn
11-30-2012, 07:54 PM
He may not be quite ready for the Joint Shopping Experience. Sometimes we have to reconcile some of our internal demons before we are comfortable with that.

That doesn't mean that your spouse wouldn't appreciate a nightgown selected by you. A simple one from Kohl's, etc. would be a nice gesture of acceptance and they are easy to size. I treasure the femme gifts I receive from my spouse.

TxKimberly
11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
What a freak! He aught to be ashamed of himself! ;)

Michelle Charles
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
What a magical, lost opportunity we all can but dream of!!

Babette
11-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe he really needs or wants this tool more at this moment than a nightgown. Perhaps he doesn't want to appear greedy and ask for both. I obviously don't know your husband but there could be a number of reasons to explain his reaction. IMO, he should be extremely appreciative of a wife as considerate as you.

Babette

Rogina B
11-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I think he wants to pick out his own nightgown! Maybe one that you wouldn't approve of! LOL Hubby will wish he took you up on your offer..probably tomorrow! What a nice wife,he is very lucky!

NicoleScott
11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Buy him one anyway and say "if you don't like it, you can exchange it for a tool".

justmetoo
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
That's a very thoughtful thing to do. :)
Also, more words of wisdom from kathtx and others about communicating with your husband on this and what it means in terms of your support. If you keep working on understanding each other you can have an even stronger and happier relationship, I believe.

Lady Catherine
11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Seems like he might be trying to make it seem like he doesn't want it, but actually does.

PS. Glad you stayed.

Tara D. Rose
11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I would buy the nightgown anyway. I would love for my wife to buy me a nightgown for Christmas.

sandra-leigh
11-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Ah... He already has one!

My wife is threatening to buy a new nightgown for me. The collar has come mostly unsewn on my older nightgown, and it is time to either fix it or Put It Down. It is the one I wear when I know I am going to be putting on a pain-relief lotion that stains -- so not only does it look bad but it smells bad too :o

AllieSF
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Just maybe, he really does not want a nightgown. I thought I did a few times and then when I put them on I looked so bad in them that now I am more than happy sleeping in women's pajama bottoms with a comfy male Teeshirt. Maybe you could just ask him for some female items that he may want as a gift from you and then you pick one. Or, maybe he really does not want a feminine gift from you. No big deal if he doesn't make it one, and no need for you to make it a big deal either.

Launa
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Sometimes we have our ups and downs and all of a sudden don't want anything to do with crossdressing. Now for me that lasts about 30 mins:)

I think you should get him a penoir set from One Stop Plus.Com

Look at the Amoureuse sets. The prices are reasonable and they look great. Their stuff fits loose so don't buy something a size "too big" thinking that a bit bigger is better or he'll be swimming in it.

AnneB1nderful
11-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm laughing at the sarcasm of some of these posts. Once you start to understand what CDing is all about, it's so humorous. However, if I was in the mind set I was 3 years ago, I may have been offended. I hope you aren't.

Has your H joined this forum? Perhaps he's really struggling with who he is. Joining this forum is the best thing I could have done. I wish I joined years ago. It's just that I was fighting myself so much, I didn't WANT to accept the fem side of me. So, joining something like this would have meant defeat. Even though I was fantasizing and acting out in secret, I still was ashamed and HATED it.

You are such and understanding and compromising wife. He still needs your help. It may not be to help buy him stuff, but to help understand fully accept who he/she is. If your H isn't already a member, I suggest encouraging her to join. Sometimes it's a great place to be en femme without putting anything on.

Ressie
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Sounds like it's time for forced feminization. Or could the tool be a sewing machine for doing alterations? I had a gf once that bought me several pairs of panties for Christmas and I was in heaven!

JenniferMBlack
12-01-2012, 12:07 AM
I also wear an xl in mens shirt and If I was buying that nightgown I would get the 2xl might be a little loose but beter then a little tight.

kathtx
12-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Maybe he's a little shy or embarrassed about you buying things for him right now. Or maybe he just really wants that new tool.

Either way, just let him know the offer for a nightie or other feminine gift stands, either for Christmas or later.

bridget thronton
12-01-2012, 01:42 AM
May be he is hoping to avoid answering the question "what did she get you for Xmas?"

Tamara Croft
12-01-2012, 02:43 AM
I didn't ask a question, I made a statement. and I am not trying to create conflict,!No you're not, you're following her round the board stalking her threads because you don't believe she's a GG. Well let me tell you something, you can knock it off, or you won't be on this board capiche?

DebbieL
12-01-2012, 02:59 AM
My hubby is a CD'r, but only dresses in our home now. I'm thinking of getting him a nightgown for Christmas. This will be the first gift I've given him for CD'ing in 20 years of marriage. I want to make him happy, I really do.

If you give him that gift, and you tell him WHY you are giving it to him, he will completely love it. The great thing about getting some kind of feminine clothing, it gives validation and acknowledgement to a part of him that he has held sacred and dear, a part of him he has protected.

So I picked out this nightgown because it doesn't accentuate the breasts much, but is also in soft silky material that I think he likes.

The size though...right now he's a 1X in mens shirts, so would I probably have to get him a 2X in this woman's nightie? I thought maybe some of you would have more knowledge on how the sizes transfers between male and females.

Men's T-shirts is a terrible way to measure. If he's 1x then he's probably 3x as a girl. 1x on a man would probably be a 2x - a 44 inch chest, and a 36-38 inch waist. With the style of nightie, you might still be safe with the women's 2X size.

http://www.womenssizechart.com/

Men's chest size is in his jacket, and waist size is on his pants.

Thanks!!

Di

I tried to attach a picture, but it won't work. Suffice it to say it's a black baby doll nightie with sort of a peasant top neckline. I'll try to put the link in here one more time:

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Tricot-babydoll-sleep-gown-by-Amoureuse.aspx?PfId=238890&DeptId=16257&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Vickie_CDTV
12-01-2012, 03:14 AM
If you don't get the size perfect, don't worry. Just remember to keep the receipt, and if it doesn't fit you can always exchange it.

More importantly, I am sure you husband will love it and treasure it since it is a special gift from you! Every time he puts it on, he will think of you!

angpai30
12-01-2012, 03:26 AM

Wrong Thread... This is a whole new wife!! Hi Wife and welcome. =)

I have found that since I am a little shorter in height, but a little chubbier around the mid section that one size larger doesn't always work. I am a small - Medium in men, which means that I am a medium to large in women. Night gowns tend to be a little bit on the looser side because they are meant to hang and flow and without him wearing breast forms I would say it would be a comfortable guess that 1 to 2 sizes larger would be the best way to go. The only thing that I would warn against is the sizing online because a lot of the sizes I have bought online have never really truly matched the sizing specified. You have to find a site that is "true to size" because if you don't that's a lot of hassle nobody wants to deal with and I mean NOBODY wants to deal with. Unless you are monk the detective, which is O.C.D. about everything then there is really no reason to justify the time with junk sites rather than good sites.

Angela

Davena Doll
12-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Ya a baby doll with a peasant top sounds hot. How about a corset with a matching tutu. with that you can help him get into it, plus there is nothing like a married couple working together.

sandra-leigh
12-01-2012, 04:05 AM
As best I can tell looking at the size charts on the site, and reading through wikipedia, that store's 1X should be suitable if your husband normally wears 1X.

AmyGaleRT
12-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Di, I think you've made a wonderful selection; I love the Amoureuse nightgowns and have quite a few myself! Woman Within is also a very easy company to deal with in terms of orders, returns, and so forth. (This also applies to the other affiliated brands, like Roaman's, Jessica London, and BCO.)

The most important measurement for dresses, and dress-like garments such as nighties, is the bust measurement. If you can measure your husband around the fullest part of his chest, that should translate straight to a size. If need be, add a couple inches if that would change to the next size up; going one size larger than strictly indicated is usually OK. I wear a 2X in those gowns myself, and my male shirts are either 2XL or 3XL, if that helps.

You deserve an extra hug for being so thoughtful. :hugs:

- Amy

Cheryl T
12-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Surprise him and get him both...

max
12-01-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm gonna say he probably just wants the new tool instead. What kind of tools btw?

I don't really want a nightgown, maybe he doesn't either, or maybe he likes them but still would like the tools more?

Renee_E
12-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Getting it in the correct size is sometimes difficult. It's important to remember it is the thought that counts. In 38 years of marriage I have had several occasions where my SO has had to exchange something even though the tag said the correct size. In that style I would try the 2X.

fred51
12-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I like the lace top shown on the same page better.

http://www.womanwithin.com//clothing/Lace-top-chemise-by-Amoureuse.aspx?pfid=188206&ProductTypeId=1&DeptId=16257&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona

kimdl93
12-01-2012, 07:55 AM
I bet he wants both...but it's difficult for a male to say, yes I want a nightie...so he went back to male hidey mode.

Rebecca W.
12-01-2012, 08:06 AM
To me cross dressing is a tool. A tool to reach inside and release the inner woman inside of me. Trust me, I have returned women's clothes for tools in the past. It all depends on what mode you are in. Take him shopping and go through the women's section before you look at the tools, he will want both, I would.

Take Care,

ronda
12-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I buy alot from woman within looking at the size chart for that item i thing your hubby would fit in a 1x that is a 22 24 in womens i am 6'1" wear a 48 long jacket in mens and that i would buy the xl which is 18 20 w of course waist size if he is 42 or larger i would go with the 2x Hugs Ronda

ChelseaErtel
12-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I bought this chemise at J.C. Penny in pink and just love it. Comfortable and feels wonderful. The top even gives the illusion of breasts. Makes me feel very feminine.

What a wonderful idea to give him a nightgown. You are a special woman.

Whatever you give him he will love and adore you all the more. Hey, get matching ones!

kristinacd55
12-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Very pretty! What a nice thoughtful gift :) You can always exchange it if it doesn't fit, but I'd go with the 1X

linda allen
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM
My wife and I stopped buying each other presents for Christmas and birthdays many years ago. We found we were just wasting money because she didn't really know what I wanted and I didn't really know what she wanted. It's the same money really. If I want or need something, I buy it. Same for her. We exchange cards, that's it.

As far as dressing goes, we shop together. We buy clothes for her and clothes for me.

TGMarla
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I think it was a helluva overture from you to even offer. Maybe he would rather have a tool. Maybe he's deferring in order to put you at ease over his crossdressing. I find that I want only one thing from my own wife this Christmas. I want her acceptance of me, that's all.

But if she were to buy me a nightie, it would make my day.

Wildaboutheels
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Much mind reading going on here. As usual.

SOME people would rather shop alone for various things. Possibly most things, where they can take as much time as they want.

WHY can't he prefer a tool? Being a CDer doesn't stop him from being a man.

Does it?????

Jana
12-01-2012, 11:12 AM
A nightgown seems like a "loaded" gift, because one wears it to bed, or the bedroom. Maybe he's embarassed and doesn't want to be seen in it. Maybe he chose the tool because he doesn't want to let you down. If you really want to get something for "her", perhaps a gift for everyday would make him change his mind. Something like a pair of clip-on earrings, a necklance, even a bottle of perfume. My two cents.

Lorileah
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
:witsend::facepalm: <--- his reaction in three days.

Truly, he is probably still a little tentative about this. One thing about presents, they are always welcome and when they come from the heart even more. Don't drop the idea totally. Usually we are telling the husband to go slowly. But take your time, this can be over whelming for both of you

Beverley Sims
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Di,
Buy him a nice negligee and wrap it around some other gift that he desires.
I just love two pieces that flow behind me when I parade through the house.
I want Eva Gabor's wardrobe. :)

BRANDYJ
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
He maybe wants you to see he is still your man by saying he's rather have a tool. Deep down, he might want that night gown or for that matter anything feminine from you to acknowledge his desire and need to cross dress. Maybe you can buy him a tool and put the nightgown in the same box with it. His way of telling you he is ok with still being a man and does not want to go further and hurt you. I'd say it was very considerate of him. But at the cost of what he's probably really like. That is, unless his name is Tim the tool man! LOL

Vanessa Amber420
12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Very nice of you to consider buying him a nightie...He is sooo lucky!

LadyPilot
12-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Whatever you get I am sure he will be in heaven. I like the idea of a more form fitting gown that doesn't accentuate the breasts because I find them more comfortable to sleep in. Although, there is a very good chance he won't be wearing it to long after you give it to him. wink wink!

TeresaL
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
You know the way into a girl's heart. Gotta love it.
I wear men's medium and women's L/xL. Send anything that doesn't fit my way. LOL
Whadda WIFE!

Wendi_cd
12-01-2012, 07:55 PM
The website has a sizing chart, and it would appear from that chart that it is geared towards CD's given that the sizing starts and 37 and ends at 66. I would use that. :)

WIFE GG/SO
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I told him that I had joined this forum, he said"Ok". Man of few words. LOL. He just keeps telling me that his is very content and happy the way things are...so maybe I should just let sleeping dogs lie, you know?

I just want him to be as happy as possible, I love him so much.

Di

GG7irish
12-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Well my SO wears a M to L in Mens wear and he wears L in womens. As a seamstress sizes run close. Men' sizes usually are equivilant to one size larger than womans. I hope this helps......(Course it also depends on your bra size lol)

TeresaL
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I went back to your first post, and was able to pull up the black baby doll nightie. You have good taste, he should really, really love it.

Maybe, later on, he may do as I do... Throw six garments on the cart, try them on, then get another six. (Six is the usual limit in stores that I frequent).

ClosetED
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
With 20 years of not seeing him dressed, and now offering for the first time to buy him something feminine, the Cynic in him may be wondering why and acting in denial to you, if he thinks it is a test. Did you explain WHY you joined and forum and why you want to get him the nightgown? He may be the one of few words, but I would bet he is listening very carefully to what you are saying. Please be as reassuring as you can. Has he visited this site? He may say he is content, yet recently upped the involvement with shaving, so you have a right to understand so you can be supportive.

michelle.foster
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Di, I posted earlier but hit the wrong button and lost it all. Since then I have given this a little more thought and would like to offer a couple suggestions. Since you've been married, maybe it's time you encouraged him to dress in front of you and not just when he is alone. Pick out his clothes in the morning, compliment him on how he looking while he's dressing, wear matching colored undies, layout a change for him after he gets home. Send out your kids, if they are still living there, and have a girls night in, make him over - you don't have to go anywhere. When the two of you are out shopping for you, offer to get something in his size. Suggest he try on your clothes, this will give you an idea of what size he'd fit into.
I'd also like to address your fear of running into some one you know if he goes out dressed. How many people do you run into when you are out now? My wife had this same fear, until I pointed out to her that when the two of us are out, we don't run into anyone we know. So what are we afraid of? If your town is that small and you know that many people then that's the way it is, when you are both comfortable with a girls nite out, then yes, it's won't be in your town. Our first GNO, I dressed, walked out the front door, down the driveway into the car. We drove to the next town, she bought the movie tickets, we entered in silence, and watched the movie. After the first movie, we waited around and snuck into a second. While we were waiting for the second we both had to use the Rest Room. She asked what I was going to do, I told her I would follower her into the womens. It was packed. As I entered, someone came out so I didn't have to wait. The room had pretty much emptied by the time I was finished and I didn't wait around to chat afterwards.
I hope you keep in touch and keep us updated.

AKKaren
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I'll second this selection ( Shadowline)..I have several of them with matching robes and they're so comfy!! Stay away from the "woman within brand" they're of poor quality...Also, Elaine's have wonderful gowns too!

AmyGaleRT
12-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I bought this chemise at J.C. Penny in pink and just love it. Comfortable and feels wonderful. The top even gives the illusion of breasts. Makes me feel very feminine.

Chelsea, I gotta say, if that were available as a long gown, I would get that in a heartbeat. It's beautiful!

- Amy

Yvonne York
12-03-2012, 05:59 AM
For any GGs who want to do the same for CD other half, or for girls to treat themselves, have a look at this UK site. They ship worldwide I think.

http://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/S/All_Nightwear_Satin-(35).aspx

I have just treated myself to two - I just love the gypsy style one with lovely lace overlay, and red satin round my bust.

Happy shopping :):eek:

Wendrme
12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Lucky gurl to have a wife like you. My two favorite nightgowns are a silky, satiny long gown with no sleeves and secondly, a short babydoll type with a built in bra. The long satin gown feels wonderful to lounge around in and slide luxuriously around under the covers and against my wife. The bra top model with matching panties makes me feel so cute and the wife loves to roll over and caress my breasts in the underwire cups.

darla_g
01-17-2013, 12:52 PM
so very sweet of you to do that