PDA

View Full Version : Ftrom Supergirl to Clark kent......

~Joanne~
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
My GF just came to me and said " I keep washing these shorts, this T-shirt and these socks over and over again, I never see you wearing them but they always appear again on the dryer, why is that? "

My reply was "that my Clark Kent clothes in case some one comes over and Supergirl is caught between floors and needs to change back" lol

Her smart aleck reply was "can't you just twirl for that to happen?" we both laughed for quite a few :)

Most of the time, when I am not taking pictures, I do not dress to the nines. I do not put make up or nails on. So if an unexpected visitor comes knocking on the door and I am on the middle floor I can duck into the basement and change real quick.

How many of you have a set of clothes lying around for the same reason?

EDIT: sorry for the misspelled title. Seems there is no way to edit it or delete the post to repost once submitted.

Kate Simmons
11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
No unexpected visitors here Hon. Anyone who visits me has to make an appointment way in advance. For those spur of the moment types, oh well, guess they will get to know Kate real soon. :heehee::)

Barbara Ella
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
I wish it were as you say in your title, but here it is more likely Petunia pig to Porky Pig. I usually just kick off the kicks, and throw a robe on, and do a quick wipe of the lips, when i am just casual. Being retired, I am allowed to run around with my robe open to get the mail, right?

Barbara

~Joanne~
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I wish it were as you say in your title, but here it is more likely Petunia pig to Porky Pig.

Believe me, I am far from Supergirl myself lol I just used that as an reference to what I was talking about. Quick changes ;)

Robynts
11-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Miss Joanne, my workshop is a ways from the house. Sometimes people can sneak up the driveway without me hearing them (UPS, FedEx, etc.). Just for these cases I keep a pair of work jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt out in the shop. Don't have shoes in the shop but I should as I am frequently in ballet slippers when working in the shop.

Robyn

Joanna Maguire
11-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh! Clark Kent would have difficulty changing these days as there are so few teleophone boxes ? Maybe he could just say "Shazum" like Captain Marvel once uttered to change ? into supergirl ?

I Am Paula
11-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I've posted this before. Just answer the door, tell them the lady of the house is out, and you're just the maid.-Celeste

docrobbysherry
11-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Too scary for me and Sherry, Joanne. We like our "private" time! So, I installed these really cool things on our house so folks can't just walk in! They're called locks.

If u engage them, anyone can knock or ring your doorbell and u can JUST IGNORE THEM and keep on with whatever you're doing!

Cynthia Anne
12-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I say come on in what you see is what you get! No hiding here!!!

bobbimo
12-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I have jeans and sweat shirt for those oops occasions.
The other day the neighbor stopped by and I was already in boy mode but i was barefooted with painted nails. The only closed foot cover I had were a pair of my wifes cast off slippers. So i put them on and went out to chat with him.
I showed him the slippers right away and told him they were keeping my tootsies warm. We laughed and that was the end of it.
Phew.
Sometimes I do have to hide when I have all my makeup on. Which is often. The good news is that as I am working on my hair. I think I present as female a lot better, and might not have to panic change. :-)
Bobbi

Beverley Sims
12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I think you can ask the mods nicely for help on the title.
To Doc and Kate, locks and high fences are good, the telephone works so make an appointment. :)