PDA

View Full Version : New levels of acceptance!

Emily Barton
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm super-excited as I'm posting this! I've made some real progress with my CDing since I started my final year of uni, and I've achieved another couple of firsts in the last few days!

Since we break up for christmas in a week's time we've agreed to exchange christmas presents early in case we don't get to see each other during the break. This present exchange is scheduled for sunday, but I'm thrilled to be able to say that Emily has received not one but two gifts already!

I got a text from my housemate Becky yesterday evening telling me to check my room, and when I went there I found a present sitting on my desk. It was squidgy and due to the secrecy I was almost certain it was for Emily - perhaps a scarf or a top or something - but I could still hardly believe it and I didn't want to get my hopes up. In the end, though, all my hopes were exceeded - I unwrapped it to find an amazing emerald-coloured dress folded up inside!

When I spoke to her about it later Becky said she'd tried to find something similar to one of her dresses that I tried on shortly before telling her about Emily. She said she knew I liked it and even went so far as to say she thought it suited me!

Things got even better this evening when my SO asked if we could each give the other one a present in private. She knew I'd got her some jewellery this year so I assumed it was because she wanted me to give it to her in a more intimate setting, but what I didn't know was that she'd gotten some jewellery for me too! Not only is it jewellery but it's the most personalised and thoughtful gift I can think of - a necklace with my (Emily's) name on it! She's been an absolute gem ever since I told her about my cd'ing but this is by far the most meaningful display of acceptance I've had from her to date. I can't wait to wear the necklace the next time I dress - not only will it help my feminine side to feel more complete but it will also remind me of my wonderful SO at the same time! I believe I will treasure it for the rest of my life :D

I've never received presents of this nature before and it's such a great and surreal experience. To think that not so long ago I found it almost impossible to buy clothes for myself... now I have people in my life who'll buy them for me! :daydreaming:

Annaliese
11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
She a keeper, don't let her go

Lorileah
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
It looks like you are having a happy holiday. I am happy for you :)

MssHyde
11-30-2012, 06:51 PM
your very cute, look like the real thing. nice gifts!

justmetoo
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
That's so nice to receive such thoughtful gifts for Emily. You have a great friend and a great SO!

Tara D. Rose
11-30-2012, 09:02 PM
This is so beautiful. I bet tears rolled down your eyes from happiness.

Lady Catherine
11-30-2012, 09:40 PM
That is awesome, luv. I love reading stories like this.

Bree Wagner
11-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Wonderful and very thoughtful gifts from both of them. You are indeed lucky to have great people in your life.

Thanks for sharing that great story.

-Bree

Tracy - new dresser
12-01-2012, 06:58 AM
so glad to hear u have an accepting SO, must be this gen Y thing :) i got a gift out of the blue yesterday, a cute blue leapord print mini dress. i hate dressing in front of my SO (atm) but she made me try it on and said i look cute :P

im with u, looove those moments. i dont think our SOs will know how much those little things mean to us..

MsRenee
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Its so awesome to see others out there achieving love and acceptance. Thats whats makes this site so great. It helps alot of others out there who might be pondering telling their s/o. I wish luck and strength to those who are about to tell their spouses .
Renee

Beverley Sims
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
May this be a most memorable and happy Christmas for you.

Emily Barton
12-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

May this be a most memorable and happy Christmas for you.

It's already both of those things and it's not even Christmas yet! :)

This is so beautiful. I bet tears rolled down your eyes from happiness.

I have to admit I was feeling a little emotional later when I told my SO how much it meant to be. I did manage to avoid crying though!

LadyPilot
12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
That is wonderful that you have acceptance of the SO, she is obviously a keeper and make sure she knows it.