PDA

View Full Version : Dressing fail. Dang.

Ambergold43
11-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone,

So I just have to vent because I am pretty bummed at the moment...

As the title suggests, tonight I fell victim to fate and had a dressing (or more accurately, non-dressing) fail. Let me explain:

Once every month I have to go out of town for business and we are put-up in a hotel and such, pretty standard. I usually use this time to relax, unwind, escape from my routine... and occasionally, play dress-up (who wouldn't). Well for some reason the last several months I have been rather indifferent towards using this time to get some good dressing time in and have sort of taken the opportunity for granted. Not this month though... this month was going to be different.

Indeed, I had the whole weekend planned out, down to the last detail, and I was going to use every available opportunity to dress. For some reason this month I was super excited to be able to have a whole weekend to myself (except for work, of course) to dress or whatever, and was thrilled at the possibilities.

So I meticulously pick out all of my favorite things to bring, and pack them up, lugging 2 extra bags out to my car in addition to my "regular" suitcase... but hey, its worth it, right? I decide to grab bite to eat so I stop once I arrive in town and take my time. I'm feeling pretty good about my soon to be mini-vacation so I figure: "What's the rush? There will be plenty of time later"

After eating I head to my hotel so I can finally get the evening underway. Once I arrive, I grab my 3 bags out of the car and precariously wobble inside so I don't have to make more trips back to the car. I go to the front-desk lady and check-in. So far, no problem. Before I am finished signing in she hands me my room key and says: "You'll be staying in room number 300, and your roommate has already checked in."

Moral of the story: Don't take good opportunities for granted.

Ah, cruel fate.

Jana
11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Bummer is an understatement... hope you get another chance soon!

Lady Catherine
11-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Bummer. That sucks. Sorry.

sissystephanie
11-30-2012, 10:10 PM
"Bummer" doesn't begin to say it!! Hope you get another opportunity soon!

SandraV
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Look at the bright side, could have been you checking in first with your unexpected roomate walking in on you while dressing :eek:

Launa
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Well the brightside is you weren't the first person to get to your room then get all dressed up, ready to go out on the town and then the roommate comes walking through the door!

Ambergold43
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Haha, yes I had thought of that... I'll definitely take this scenario over that one. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

Tara D. Rose
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
oh my, what a letdown. I was reading the story and relating to it so well, and then BAM, the news. I thought "DAMN",,,,I mean damn. This is bad, but the sleeping arrangements were not spoken of beforehand? I guess not. But now the roommate will maybe ask, why did you bring all of this other luggage and not even open it?
But anyway, I do hate this for you.

Nikki_C
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
That's terrible. The boss did not let you have separate rooms? That pretty lame.

I Am Paula
11-30-2012, 11:52 PM
That's a bummer, specially since it was an overnighter. Many years ago, while I was still closeted at work, I left work at five. By 8:30 or so I was all dolled up, and ready to go out on the town. The phone rang, and instinctively I answered it. No one at work had keys to lock up. The evening manager had forgotten she needed to close. Could I bring my keys down at 9:00 and lock up. I tried to think of everything, and anything to do to get out of it. I even contemplated sending my keys by cab. Nope, there's no other way around this one. Off with the make up, off with the shoes and dress, ARGGG!-Celeste

docrobbysherry
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Total downer, Amber. But, I don't get how u could NOT know about your "roommate"?

Was the motel full and u had to share the last room with a stranger?

noeleena
12-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi,

To lighten it a bit,

now i know why im not a dresser, i could not stand that, i know you wont or could not . id just get dressed & go out, sorry.
i just saw this & thought not a show ill do my own thing. to hang with any one else. my time so ....

...noeleena...

Stephanie47
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
If this way a business trip, then you're employer is really a cheapskate. Sharing a room? I never heard of it happening, especially without prior planning. Talk about total lack of privacy. Reminds me of living in army barracks with forty other guys.

You did not mention the gender of the roommate. Was the roommate a good looking woman?

LadyPilot
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
That sucks, although it sounds like you will have more opportunities. I recommend that you talk to your boss about having you own rooms since that is usually the norm.