PDA

View Full Version : Getting compliments from GG's

Leslie Langford
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I was just thinking the other day about some of the compliments that I have received from GG's over the years while out and about en femme in "Leslie" mode. And by "compliments", I don't just mean praise about the outfits I am wearing or my shoes etc. That is standard fare among GG's as they are always complimenting each other over one thing or another, and it is one of the ways in which they connect socially. I'm referring specifically here to certain personal attributes about the way we present ourselves - be it our make up, hair (wigs) or other similar features.

My legs seem to be the one body part that attracts the most attention even though I normally don't wear short skirts or dresses, and my hemline typically falls at mid-knee. And surprisingly enough, the other part they often pick up on is my eyelashes, which apparently are unusually long and full even without mascara, although I was never previously aware of that.

Just curious - for those forum members who also go out in public regularly as I do, what is it about your femme presentation that attracts the most favorable comments from GG's?

I Am Paula
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I guess it's kind of a mixed bag. I 'd say that most women that know me notice my purse collection, and say they wish they could get it together to change purses daily. A most remarkable thing, I'd never noticed till your thread. Women always find something to compliment, usually right away. "I haven't seen you for ages, love the shoes", for example. Without thinking, I do it too.-Celeste

rachaelsloane
12-01-2012, 11:21 AM
The majority like my hair and think it is my own and don't believe it's a wig until they touch it.

Lorileah
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Legs first. Smile second.

Kate Simmons
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Just one thing to say. It's a really good feeling when you are accepted as one of the girls. :battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Compliments about my legs figure and deportment all helped to boost my ego.
Being careful with conversation helped me get immersed in group interaction.
They would always forget I was a guy, even to the extent of we are going to the powder room you can't sit here alone. :)

Alice B
12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure if there is any one thing that I could name. I have no illusions that I present as an attrative woman or not considering my age. But, I always get compliments from woman and especially from friends I know that have seen me dressed, including my own daughter and grand daughter. The best ones I get are from my first wife, who is always asking me to come up and visit as Alice. It's not an attempt to get together as anything other than as a friend. I think it is simply that when I'm dressed and out I have no fear of what others think and am proud to be me.

MsRenee
12-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Is usually how Im dressed I always present myself business like when out. Always in a nice skirt and blouse my girl wont let me go out the door unless im presentable. The other comment is you walk pretty good in heels hehe.
Renee

DebbieL
12-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I have found it very interesting how women relate to complements.

If I am in total Rex mode, and I give a compliment to a woman in my low bass voice, she will often be a bit stunned, look to see if I'm lusting for her, try to figure out what I want, and finally accept the complement. There are even a few times when a woman was offended by a compliment from Rex.

When I'm in Debbie mode, even if I'm wearing boy clothes, wearing earrings is both ears, feminine watch, ring, and sweater, and I give a similar compliment in my femme voice, the women are immediately flattered and complimented. Often they will get into the compliment so much they will tell me where they got the item complimented, and how much they paid, or how much of a discount.

When women compliment other women, it's a form of validation, mutual acknowledgement. The most important thing is to compliment the conscious choices they make, such as wardrobe, jewelry, shoes, hair, and make-up. GGs are acutely aware of the effort made to create the cause for the compliment, the time spent shopping, deciding, and then implementing, and knowing that there was the risk that it could be cause for compliments or put-downs. Because women and CDs actually take the effort to plan out hair-styles, make-up, and carefully chose wardrobe that complements their current physical shape, displaying what they like most about their bodies and drawing attention away from those attributes that make them feel insecure.

I have had great legs most of my life, especially in college. I rode a bicycle nearly all the time until I was almost 18, and I loved to dance, which gave me long slender legs with strength but not a lot of bulky muscle, beautiful feminine legs. When I wear a skirt and heels, I can best show them off with a skirt that comes to about mid-thigh, about 4-6 inches above the knee. I'll usually wear dark tan or off-black hosiery which better blends the skin tone. I'll wear a blouse that doesn't fit too tightly in the waist, and I don't try to show cleavage that I don't have (yet). I also use C-Cup sized forms, so that I'm not drawing too much attention to my "breasts".

I also know how to do make-up so that I look about 15 years younger. I look more like a forty year old cougar than a 57 year old lady. I know how to make my deep eyes seem less sunken, how to bring my eyes forward, how to use foundation and powder with brushes to create shadows and tones that make my face seem firmer and more feminine. I have 3 really good wigs, each of which has been styled so that it compliments my face, covers my forehead with high bangs, and gives me a nice pleasant look.

I also choose jewelry that creates a feminine look as well. My family loves it when I give them jewelry because it's always beautiful and wearable.

I have gone to many events where women see my legs and just can't believe I'm not a girl. Women will actually come up and want to meet me. I've even got for 30-40 minutes in conversation before my voice dropped and they realized I was a male. I will get compliments on my legs, of course, but as long as I return compliments, and find something beautiful about each woman who addresses me, we can go on for a few minutes, and I am suddenly "one of the girls". I have made it clear that I'm not just a drag queen trying to parody girls, but someone who really wants to be a girls, but just happened to be stuck with a boy's body.

I was recently in one weekly event in Maine where I had come a few times as Debbie and hadn't appeared as Rex. Then I didn't have time to change so I went to the event as Rex. One girl asked me if I had a sister? I shared during the meeting that I was transgendered and that it was an element of many trials, but also of many joys, and nearly all of the women came up to me afterward, gave me a hug, and asked if they could call me Debbie even though I was in boy-mode. For several more weeks and a few other days of the week I went to the meeting and was very cheerfully greeted by women who would nearly squeal "Debbie!" when I would arrive.

When I'm only known as Rex, it's obvious that I'm hiding something, that something is "Off". I don't Pass well as a man, and it almost looks like I'm trying to be a girl in drag. There are times when I have even told clients about Debbie, which helped clear the air and establish trust. It also helps them understand why I seem to be aware of fashion, why I notice a woman's make-up, jewelry, and footwear, as well as the many other details that have gone into her presentation.

I've even had situations where even though I was dressed as Rex, women who knew me as "Debbie" have asked me to "Women only" events and meetings. It's a wonderful time for me, when I feel like I really belong, when I can share feelings, when I don't have to feel like I have to compete. For me, this is the ultimate compliment, the ultimate acceptance. It's a time when I'm truly happy. It's a time when we are all affirming and supporting each other, giving compliments, sharing insecurities and feelings, and reassuring each other. It's a time of intimacy that is hard to describe.

5150 Girl
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm often told that "I'm always so well put together". This from those that see me often. I get lot of "I like your ____ " from people to.

Kathi Lake
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Many of them gush about my cute clothes or shoes, the way I've done my makeup, my hair (like Rachael, they have a hard time believing it's a wig), or my skinny stick figure in general. That, to me, is more just the social dance that women do. It's an exchange of friendly compliments, but is more on the surface level.

The best compliments I get, however, are about my personality in general. They seem to like my realism, my courage, my positive outlook, and my overall happiness. I try to blow it off by saying I'm just not that bright, and therefore don't even know that I should be worried, but they don't buy it, for some reason.

:)

Kathi

Nikki A.
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
The best compliment I've gotten relatively often is how well my make up looks (even though most times I think I can do better).
My ultimate compliment was when the girls at work were talking & I walked in. They, at first stopped and then continued talking "He's like one of us " was the comment. None knew at the time (although they did convince me to dress for Halloween and they did my make up). Later 2 did find out about Nikki and one I still work with and have been out with dressed.

AllieSF
12-01-2012, 06:20 PM
For me it is the hair, then the legs and then my feet from the nail techs where I get my mani's and pedi's, and I am always in male mode there. One compliment I have gotten a few rare times after just meeting and then hearing my voice is where they are surprised to find out that I am a man under all the female clothes and accessories. One can dream!

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Almost all of the compliments that I have received from GG's are from ladies my age or older, perhaps their vision is a help in moi getting kudos.

Kathleen Ann Trees
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Haven't been out a whole lot to get the attention, but the GGs have always been very sweet.

1st place: Make up. I tried to be very natural and understated. "That's the way I like to wear my make up", she said.
2nd place: Hair, as in, "Did you do your hair yourself, it looks very nice."
3rd place: My gait. "You walk very naturally in your heels. How do you do that?" :-)

PretzelGirl
12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think any one thing has taken the lion's share of the complements. That probably either means different things are put together well at different times or nothing in particular sticks out and the compliments of different areas is all courtesy.

adrienner99
12-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I had one GG friend who envied how I walk in heels...

jjjjohanne
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't get a lot of compliments. I have been complimented on my legs on a few occasions. Once I told a woman "I like your skirt. It is cute." She looked at me and realized my outfit and managed to reply, "Well, I like your shoes." I don't know if it is good or not, but recently, I was told, "You have a great personality."

Terri Andrews
12-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I was at Sears today and the sales girl commended on my outfit and said my hair looked nice and asked where I had it done ,had to think fast to come up with an answer.

Jilmac
12-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I've been told by several GGs, that I have a better figure than they do, and that just makes my day whenever I hear it.

Angela Campbell
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
The best compliment I ever had is when the gg's treat me like one of the girls. ...sigh.....