PDA

View Full Version : How many "ladies" here have NEVER worried ...

Wildaboutheels
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
about PASSING?

Most likely because of one or two reasons. Or both?

1] If and when you do go out, you are in no way trying to "pass" as a Female. [maybe you have simply decided that you can't even come close to pulling it off so why even try?]

2] You have "dressed" at home for months, years or decades and have no/have never had any desire to go out dressed in public?

Any of you ever worry that SOME day, you may feel the urge to leave the house and/or pass?

There is no right or wrong here of course, just a small morsel of food for the GGs.

docrobbysherry
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
For 12 years it was #2 for me, 3W.

Now, when I DO go out, it's #1. Which is why I DON'T LIKE going out dressed. And, only do it on special occasions when I meet other girls, like tonite.

When I dress at home, I can dress in any odd, crazy, sexy, half naked outfit I like! But tonite, I need to worry about what others think about how I look and must try to BLEND! Yech!

Kate Simmons
12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I've never worried about it as "passing" has never been my goal. Having fun being myself has been. Others can take it however they want.:battingeyelashes::)

RenneB
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm more worried about not blending in... It's not about passing, although my hour in front of the mirror sure gives me a chance to try to pass, I just want to go about my chores as a nice ol lady in heels and try to be just part of the crowd.. These days, though anywhere where you are not in sneakers and jeans makes you stand out... at least in the heartland of the US...

Renne.....

Karren H
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't care what other people think of the way I dress..... if they mistake me for a female that's ok.... if not... fine..... no one has really had any issues when I'm out enfemme....

LisaMcall
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
You are right Renne.....

I am convinced that none of us ever really passes. Except perhaps very young cds . If its dark enough or if the distance is great enough sure. However, up close, in the cold light of day, or worse ,fluorescent lighting , I honestly don't think there is any chance of passing if anyone takes a good look. The up side is that it is very rare , at least in my experience, that anyone does take a good look. And who cares anyway? With all the weird things you see these days crossdressing is on the milder end of the craziness scale. So I just dress however I want. So far I have been lucky and have not have any bad experiences. Often a person will do a double take, or crack a smile or even stare for several seconds. But I do that too! When I see a teenage boy with his pants down to his knees and the top twelve inches of underwear showing, or the overweight , middle aged woman in orange spandex leggings. I saw a very hairy ,very overweight man in TjMax wearing a mesh shirt. I was wearing leggings, red flats and a leopard print top and I was embarrassed for him! I have no animosity for these people nor would I ever make a comment about their fashion choices. So it is with cding....if you do it in public you are going to get some stares, no matter how good you look. Once I accepted this it became much easier and more fun to go out in public.

MissVictoria
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I have been going out for several years, fully decked out but for wig and makeup. I enjoy going shopping for a pair of shoes or a new dress when I am dressed in as much, and find it easier to explain to the sales associates what fits me and what doesn't when I am wearing something that does fit and I like. I get the occasional person who tries to take a pic on their cell phone to send to a friend or what not, but never have I been in a situation where I felt I was threatened. I have been approached by far more people to compliment something or strike up a conversation to find out why I do what I do than I have dealt with trouble makers and what not. The average person, IMO, just doesn't care. If you aren't perceived as a threat to them, they will go about their business and leave you to yours. I have never NOT been helped at a store, (in fact, I would say the opposite is true, so they can ALL get a look) and I have met some very nice people. I am always very cordial, always put together well, and should I come to a door, and there is a woman approaching, I will always hold the door open for her. You'd be amazed at how other ladies respond to that. I may be guy in a dress, but I will always be a gentleman! I have had the favor returned for me as well.

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
The great thinker Afred E. Neuman has stated millions of time " What me worry?"...I never contradict a genius,

LadyPilot
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Even though I probaobly don't pass there is excitement just trying to pass. My wife loves doing my make-up and hair so I leave that part up to her and needless to say it is part of the life we choose to live. I enjoy whatever direction the dressing up takes me or us. Most of the time when we go out i wear very little if any make-up and rarely wear the hair. I have always enjoyed the clothing options that women have so why not par-take in it. As far as #2 I go out in public all the time.

MsRenee
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
If I had been worried about passing id never made it past the threshold. Going out is fun and rarely has anyone said something derogatory towards me. Staying inside bad but heck with all the effort put into looking glam. why no step out and enjoy it in the sunshine.
Renee

AllieSF
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I am like Karren. I really do not care that I do not pass, nor did I when I first started dressing and going out. I want to blend in as best as I can, but once out I am confident enough to not worry about it anymore. I only worry that my skirt may be tucked into my panties when I leave the Lady's Room!

Raychel
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Raychel has only ever been out of the house a few times. But I am getting real close to not caring who finds out or knows if I dress. So the day when I step out may be getting closer

TeresaL
12-01-2012, 06:36 PM
The sad and awakening truth is.

Monique L
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I stopped worrying about it many years ago. If I pass great, and if I don't I try to figure out where I went wrong, fix it, and move on. Life is too short to always worry about what others think.

PretzelGirl
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, we could be in the zone of what each word means to each of us. I don't worry about passing because I can't. But I do try to blend at some level. No fancy dresses when going to a movie or similar mismatches. If you don't do anything that draws significant attention, then most people won't be looking at you as you are just another person in our busy world.

Sara Jessica
12-01-2012, 10:07 PM
For 12 years it was #2 for me, 3W.

Now, when I DO go out, it's #1. Which is why I DON'T LIKE going out dressed. And, only do it on special occasions when I meet other girls, like tonite.

When I dress at home, I can dress in any odd, crazy, sexy, half naked outfit I like! But tonite, I need to worry about what others think about how I look and must try to BLEND! Yech!

Blend where we are going??? You need not worry my friend!!! :)

I Am Paula
12-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I try to look my best every day, whether I'm just wearing leggings and flats to run errands, or dressed to go out for dinner. I also know I don't pass. I speak in a quiet but male voice, I don't pad my butt or hips any more, and I'm 54 years old. It was all about passing, or trying to, when I was 25. Now it's about living my life to the fullest, the acceptance of my peers, and being who I want to be. Thinking back, I think I attracted more attention trying to pass.-Celeste

Cynthia Anne
12-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Fourty years ago I tried hard to pass! Nowadays I give it no thought! I just enjoy being me!

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Celeste & Cynthia Anne,
Terrific posts, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jenniferathome
12-01-2012, 10:30 PM
You are right Renne.....

I am convinced that none of us ever really passes. Except perhaps very young cds . If its dark enough or if the distance is great enough sure. However, up close, in the cold light of day, or worse ,fluorescent lighting , I honestly don't think there is any chance of passing if anyone takes a good look. The up side is that it is very rare , at least in my experience, that anyone does take a good look. And who cares anyway? With all the weird things you see these days crossdressing is on the milder end of the craziness scale. So I just dress however I want. So far I have been lucky and have not have any bad experiences. Often a person will do a double take, or crack a smile or even stare for several seconds. But I do that too! When I see a teenage boy with his pants down to his knees and the top twelve inches of underwear showing, or the overweight , middle aged woman in orange spandex leggings. I saw a very hairy ,very overweight man in TjMax wearing a mesh shirt. I was wearing leggings, red flats and a leopard print top and I was embarrassed for him! I have no animosity for these people nor would I ever make a comment about their fashion choices. So it is with cding....if you do it in public you are going to get some stares, no matter how good you look. Once I accepted this it became much easier and more fun to go out in public.

Describes my attitude and beliefs perfectly.

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Lisa & Jennifer,
You both express my beliefs, thank you for posting. I just love dressing as a woman, It is a dream come true

Beverley Sims
12-02-2012, 04:53 AM
I am a bit with Snow White here,
I do aim to pass as the exercise for me is being a woman.
Blending in and interaction is a skill that took me a little time to learn.
Having had a band of young female tutors really helped me back then.
If I said something out of line I could get kicked in the crotch ...almost..

GabbiSophia
12-02-2012, 05:23 AM
well for me its #2 I have dressed in private for years and years.. but the dream is to be able to walk outside without having people just stare and laugh. If this makes me wanting to pass then I am all for it. I don't wear the clothes to feel I need to pass its cause I want to be comfortable with myself outside my doors. I would love to be able to sit in a crowd of women and just be one, not the "wierdo" in a dress with the women. I think Renee said it best..but still have to have the courage to do it .. which is none here

"If I had been worried about passing id never made it past the threshold. Going out is fun and rarely has anyone said something derogatory towards me. Staying inside bad but heck with all the effort put into looking glam. why no step out and enjoy it in the sunshine.
Renee "

MsJanessa
12-02-2012, 06:52 AM
You are right Renne.....

You are absolutly right, Darling---there is a world of difference between "passing" and "blending"--passing means being accepted as a genetic female no matter how close the scutiny. Blending means not being noticed as a CD---very, very few of us can actually pass--many of us, however can blend if we approach it right---I remember once I took a trip to a local mall wearing stilletto heeled boots, a below the knee lenqth tight black leather skirt with a matching leather blazer, with matching gloves, full face make up, and a blonde, short but sexy wig---I looked marvalous if I say so my self but I'm fairly certain I didn't blend, let alone pass---blending requires dressing for the occasion---a trip to a local mall usually means jeans, flat shoes, minimal makeup, and a conservative top---not many ladies wear stilleto heels when they go walking through the local mall--lol-

noeleena
12-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi.

From age 10 i did not like how i looked , im 65 & i still dont like how i look do i pass never, do i blend in never. so who here would wont to be seen with me going down the street who would wont to talk with me, i dought any one here would,

Oh well ill go talk to the brick wall at least i wont be told i dont look right, do i sound like a female .hmmm spos not so theres as we say theres bugger all for me that i can do to change that, or anything really to be a female with every thing against me

Am i trying to be a .....female, well maybe a woman could be more possible, maybe. what do you think. could a percived looking male be a woman , is there a glimmer of hope , is it clothes that makes the woman as i hear so often , makeup would that help how i walk my manisims interacting with others, what does it take to be seen as a female , a woman. i dont like this GG word, though spos ill have to use it, so then the ? .

But ...but ... arnt you a female / woman or am i hideing something you know, many hide behind a pic or name a maskrade or similar you know belive they are what they are not , am i a dresser. me.... even trans,, oh wow, so how do you really know what i am who told you where did your info come from can you prove with out a shadow of dought, i m not a betting er male or female yet i bet you cant find the info needed to find out, or could you. or is it just well what ever you are do we really care,

I wonder,

Braging rights are in order for me. or would that allso be oh gee what ever how do we get people to accept who we really are, is any one really interested to even know, or dont care, so what,

Okay how would i prove who i am what could i say that would convince you i am upfront honist true to my word, & just a real person, oh ,,, of cause am i really a female / woman. or just a guy parading around telling others im other than i am.

I knew id never pass / blend in. because i dont look right, thats it really, yet to be a female thats not compleat makes details & things so much harder, no matter how i present my self, so iv given up trying, so there had to be another way for myself, some thing i struggled with most of my life , being accepted, could i, even not looking the ...part. = female,

& then to grow as a normal woman with parts missing when you understand that as a woman youll understand how i feel , your not compleat you so desire to be able to have your own child women know what i mean. yes to late for me now of cause yet does not stop does it, you wont to be compleat yet you know you cant.

So whats this to do with passing a lot its the difference of you know what you are with whats missing yet still a female so for me to use the word woman i still had to grow to be one , iv done that it took a while so there you have it i may be different seen as different yet im accepted for who i am & as a normal woman with what i need to be one,

...noeleena...

Lacey New
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I've never gone out publicly trying to present as a woman even though I underdress whenever i get a chance. I don't think I would ever want to try to present myself everyday as a woman, but I am curious to see just how feminine I could be and it would be fun to be in a controlled environment like a Tri-Ess gathering with other CDs to simply compare notes.

So, do I "worry" that I might have the urge to leave the house and "pass"? - Well, I guess not.

adrienner99
12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
In a sense, I have always considered crossdressing a form or exploration. Some people explore deserts and jungles, we explore the realm of the opposite sex. Passing to me is like reaching the summit of Mt. Everest.

fred51
12-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I am still sneaking out woth a not too obvoius bra on and of course sexy panties. I feel them on always and it's a wonderful feeling.

Angela Campbell
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM
While I think it is possible to "pass" I am not sure if we can ever know if we do. I would love to pass, but I am perfectly fine with blending. I guess my goal is to appear as a woman, and if really scrutinized, it will only be "I wonder" . I certainly do not want someone to look at me and say.."definately a boy". I went out this weekend in public and no one seemed to notice me and I was even called maam several times. As I get better with dressing and makeup I think I can pull it off to the stage where at worse there is suspicion but not enough for someone to embarrass themselves by acting on it. Many GG's have somewhat manly features. I have enough female features that with a little illusion I should be ok. I will always try to get better at this.

kimdl93
12-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I certainly set out with the hope that I'll blend in with other women. I don't expect a perfect pass.

Lynn Marie
12-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I often go out to selected venues. I certainly put forward my very best effort to look good, but there's just no doubt in my mind that I'm fooling all the people all the time. Maybe just a couple of near-sighted guys once in awhile! Like Alfred E Neuman says, " What me worry? "

Angela Campbell
12-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I know quite a few cd's and ts's that leave no doubt whatsoever that they are a man. Some of us just cannot pass no matter what they do. These I know have no problem at all going out in public. I also know a few who are so good looking you could not tell unless they were naked. (not that I have seen them that way) and there are quite a few that look pretty good and even with close scrutiny you would not be absolutely sure. That is the goal I have. If there is any doubt then the job is done and you have passed. Tell you the truth I know some GG's that could make you wonder. So I figure I will do the best I can, hope to be convincing enough that there is at least some doubt on whether I am really male, and be comfortable with that. I have been out in a very crowded public and no one seemed to notice anything in a visible way. Maybe some knew maybe not, I don't know. It seems that most folks take a quick look, identify a few things that say man or woman and if nothing else isscreaming out "man" they go about there business and don't pay you anymore attention. It would be rare for someone to give you close scrutiny because they do not want themselves to be the center of attention. They will think inside "I think that was a man" and then go on and think about other things because it really has no effect on their world.

Launa
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I will never pass so I'll I can do is dress appropriate for the occasion and better than all the other women around me if possible.

Lorileah
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
life is too short to worry about passing. You won't, ever, 100%. At the very least your sisters here will peg you. I just act like I own the place, no one cares