PDA

View Full Version : Today I did something different

dsmth
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Today for the first time ever i didn't bother taking my nail polish (nice silver color) off when I went outside dressed as my dude self. I went to a busy breakfast place and sat by the window. It felt like I was doing something daring but really we all have (or should i say SHOULD have) the right to express ourselves honestly just like GGs can. Afterwords I went shopping and bought a few things (a men's shirt :) and a bottle of wine). I wanted to be sure that others saw what my nails looked like. My little teeny tiny gender transgression in the outside world today. Anyways, it did not appear that anybody cared other than perhaps think that I'm an interesting person for all I know.

Laura28
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
dsmth, i leave my polish on 24/7 dont care if i am in flip flops or shoes. Just knowing it is on make me feel pretty when in my dude cloths.

justmetoo
12-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Good for you! I think most people don't notice, and most of the ones who do either don't care or think it's cool. :)

LadyPilot
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Good for you! Most people don't notice or could care less if they do notice. Enjoy the moment and prepare to have more daring outings then finally none of your outings will ever be daring again.

LisaMcall
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Funny how exciting things like this can be!!!

DebbieL
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I've had a manicure where I got the Gels, and didn't bother taking it off. I also have a small wrist so I wear a woman's watch and I lost weight so I wear a woman's ring instead of my larger wedding ring on the ring finger. I get so many compliments on my nails and/or my ring from other women. It's a very subtle way of telling other women that I'm "one of the girls" without offending men.

I live in the NYC area, and New Jersey has a no discrimination policy for GLBT and especially transgenders. I've gone out wearing women's clothes (pants, sweater, boots or shoes...) women's jewelry, and earrings, and yet no bra, no make-up, and no wig, and been treated with respect and dignity. At the same time, when I dress to blend, I can actually go out as Debbie and be less noticed than I am when I'm out as Rex, even in "all boy" clothes..

5150 Girl
12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I almost always have my nails done, no matter waht mode I'm in. Somtimes even in ugly mode, I;ll do eye liner, and somtimes my high heel clogs.
But then again, I am, and do come across as an 80's rocker

Lady Catherine
12-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I wear a light pink a lot, and my SO always asks me if I'm worried some one will notice. I just tell her I don't care what other people think. I'm not hiding any more. No one has ever said anything to me. Ofcourse, I've only been doing it about a month now.

Kate Simmons
12-01-2012, 05:45 PM
No biggie Hon, it's only color after all. Who says a guy can't be colorful?:)

5150 Girl
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
They have a T-shirt out that says somthing to the effect of "tough guys wear pink"

sissystephanie
12-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I have pink, feminine shaped nails 24/7, and have worn them that way for many years. Whether I am dressed in drab or enfemme! My late wife got me started doing that years ago and I saw no reason to stop when she died! I do get a professional manicure/pedicure usually every 2 weeks!!

Beverley Sims
12-04-2012, 06:45 AM
I get found as an interesting person occasionally.