PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who hates having thier picture taken?

I Am Paula
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM
It's hard not to notice how many of us girls are really into photos of themselves. Whether self shot, or by others. I enjoy looking at them, and maybe there's even a tinge of envy, but in all my years as Celeste, I've never taken a picture of myself. In my computer, and a shoe box of old 35mm. prints, there must be less than a dozen pics of me. I've always owned a camera, I'm assuming they all had self timers. I'm just not interested. Perhaps it's because I spent almost no time closeted. On the whole, I don't even take many pictures of other people, events, birthdays, etc. When someone says 'pull in for a group shot' I just decline, or fade into the background. I'm no wallflower, I have no one to fear seeing me dressed, I have no reason to hide, and I don't think I'm that butt ugly...so what gives?
I'm a musician who plays en femme, so there are lots of pics out there, but I don't even have a facebook page for people to share them. People taking pictures at my shows don't know my femme name ( who listens to band introductions?) or my guy name, so no one tags pictures of me. I haven't taken any fresh band promo shots for years.
Anybody else like me, or am I the only camera shy one out there?-Celeste

Kyla
12-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm the same way but mostly because I'm terribly un-photogenic. Every time someone takes my pictures and I look it everyone looks great except me. I'm always the one with one eye half closed and some awful facial expression. If I take self shot pics, I might get 1 out of 100 that I'm pleased with.

ArleneRaquel
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Either in male or female mode, I have always disliked any photo of me.

Lady Catherine
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Never liked having my picture taken either. It happens, but not often.

Annie M
12-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Never liked having my picture taken either. It happens, but not often.

Ditto for male or female mode, not crazy about my voice either.

Diane Smith
12-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I spent much of my professional career as a photographer and documentary video shooter with a big TV (pun intended) camera on my shoulder. I think precisely because I'm so accustomed to being the one behind the camera, I have never gone out of my way to have any photographs taken of myself. I don't even carry a camera with me unless I'm specifically headed to a shoot, in which case I can easily fill up the back end of my minivan with equipment, because to me it's a job, a production, and I need to be prepared to deliver high quality results in all eventualities.

I don't refuse getting into group shots with others or particularly try to hide when the cameras come out at an event I'm attending, but it's just way too hard to play both sides of the camera when I'm by myself, and tends to spoil the fun of the moment.

I wouldn't mind going in for a real studio session sometime if working with a photographer I trusted to do a great job, but I haven't found exactly the perfect opportunity for that yet.

- Diane

Monique L
12-02-2012, 12:30 AM
In drab mode I hate having my picture taken, but my girl side loves it.

SuzanneBender
12-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Please don't hate me because I am going to be the first dissenting vote in this thread. I love seeing myself dressed in photos. I know its vain, but its true. I have never felt very appealing in boy mode, but when en femme I feel much more confident about my looks. Its also fun seeing myself as the woman I have pictured in my mind all these years.

I don't feel too bad because I am not alone. As evidence I offer the following old joke...

How do you work you self timer on your camera? Easy ask a crossdresser to set it.

MonctonGirl
12-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I don't like photos of me - and am terrified of people seeing ones of me en femme.
If it was a one-time Halloween thing that would be ok - but I keep it hidden so I can use that excuse if ever a leak.

I only take photos and videos of myself to learn about how to improve my presentation.

whowhatwhen
12-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't like mine taken for the simple reasons of low self-esteem and a dislike of my male image.
It's also the same reason I try not to look at myself when I'm getting my hair cut in front of those giant mirrors.

Ah well, work on one thing at a time eh?

AllyCDTV
12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
In guy mode, I am sure that every picture taken of me has resulted in the camera exploding. Put me in a dress, wig, inserts and some makeup and I love taking pics of myself and posting them on various sites. They will probably be out there for a long time and I kinda think of it as a form of immortality.

ArleneRaquel
12-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Ally,
You are a gorgeous & alluring woman.

Sandra bailey
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM
one thing i've noticed about having my picture taken is that what your wearing looks different, my wife and i have dressing up nights we try on lots of outfits take pictures then look at them on the big screen to see how the outfits looked, we find its exciting just waiting to see what the outfit looks like, of cause a few glasses of wine really makes a difference, and then its a competition to see who can be more raunchy. she always wins i think its all down to confidence in how you look.

Stephanie47
12-02-2012, 03:00 AM
The last time I took a picture of myself en femme was circa 1980. I had a Kodak disc camera with a timer. I had the pictures developed, which was really a bold move since there was no way I knew how feminine or masculine I would look. They actually turned out OK. But, I was in my early 30's and looked great as a male. Eventually, I disposed of them fearing if I died my wife would eventually find them. She already knew of my limited wardrobe of several nighties and slips back then.

If I knew more about loading pictures onto the computer, I'd probably take some. Right now I satisfied looking at myself in a mirror from about ten feet.

Alas, I am resigned to just enjoying many of the very attractive girls who post here and Flickr.

noeleena
12-02-2012, 03:35 AM
Hi,

For most of my life 65 years i hated haveing my pic taken because of how i looked & look. yet i was on the news T V 1965
Again 5 years ago nation wide, & over sea's plus papers & the net. 11 years ago i wore my wig & the comments were very nice , it made no difference to how i saw myself , or felt about myself, i am a strong woman with plenty of confidence selfworth & know who i am & can stand in front of 1,000's of people & talk to them & take meetings,

Yet you know what, i hate seeing myself in photos because i dont look like a female or woman. that is my ....FAILING...

That is my disadvantage my main one , i cant get around or work through that miner detail. so you see i may have so much going for myself as a woman , theres just that little detail yes it hurts it hurts like hell. to be honist .

Even so im not going to let it take me down as i'v said i am a very strong WOMAN. so ill live life regardless of my looks,

I do a lot of photography for our groups , you just wont see to many of me

Now i dont wear any wig's just pretty much what you see in my pic avitra, like every one else see's,

...noeleena...

suzy1
12-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy when it comes to seeing yourself in a picture or your reflection in a mirror. You always tend to see the worst in yourself.

A few years ago I suffered from clinical depression and if I looked at myself in a shop window all I saw was a horrible ugly aging man.
The brain works in funny ways sometimes. You are probably nowhere near as bad looking as you think you are. I am drop dead gorgeous.:) [I wish]:eek:

Kelley
12-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I have always hated pictures of myself even en femme. Just never looked right never felt like me. A few weeks ago I went to a local wig shop and the wounderful lady there help me select a wig. I took a picture when I got home and for the first time in my life I liked what I saw, I felt like it was truly me looking back. So still hate guy mode but girl mode..... More pics to come.

Raychel
12-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Never really cared one way or another if I got my pic taken. Not overly happy about the way I look, But don't much care what people think.

Beverley Sims
12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Then, there are some like me, put a news photographer in the vicinity and I am away.

Nikki_C
12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
In guy mode, I really don't care for pictures. In girl mode, I would need to wear a paper sack on my head before any photo is taken.
I envy you girls, not only you are brave, but beautiful too!

kimdl93
12-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I am terribly camera shy in both femme and male mode. I don't like the look of my face...and I don't like the sound of my recorded voice. Weird, huh?

GG7irish
12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Being an amateur photographer and avid scrapbooker, my SO suffers getting pictures taken, poor thing. :)......Someday maybe Cass will let me show you how beautiful she is.....I also enjoy his drab side too :)