PDA

View Full Version : Adivice on 1st transformation

mik_200
12-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi all

I have been dressing on my own a few times and i am considering getting help in terms of transformation or somone to help dress me

I have seen some services offered in different places but no many nearby - I am in mass but boston is not close enough

So, I don't really have much experience or clothes/makeup

Also, I a taller person and couldnt really pass

I there anyone who could help me?

Any advice or help is appreciated

M

Amy R Lynn
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi M,
I see that you are relatively new to the forum. Welcome! Transformations are something that takes time and practice to accomplish. Most of us are still figuring things out. Not sure that it ever really ends. There are many great resources to help you along your way. There are dressing services in some locations that would certainly help you, but I don't know that that would be the best option. I have seen a few places that offer dressing services, and they are a little pricey. Plus you don't get to keep the clothes, the wig, or anything. when you are done, you have to return everything and you have nothing but some pictures to show for your money. If the pictures are what you are looking for, then great. However, it sounds like you are looking to get out and explore the world En-Femm.

Best advice; Pickup some fashion mags, or browse the fashion web sites and see what looks good. You can also do this when you are walking around in public. If you see a woman that is done up right, take note of what she is wearing. That is where I get a lot of my ideas. I have to imagine that GG's do this as well.

Go to a consignment shop and buy some women's clothes. Consignment shops are usually very cheap, and you can get a lot of good clothes to try out. Getting a variety of clothes will allow you to play around with your style and see what works and what doesn't work. And you won't have to break the bank expermenting. The lady that runs the consignment shop that I go to will even help me select a few things. She has a great sense of style, and has been a big help. Its a little scary being honest about who you are buying these things for at first, but most shop owners are just happy to make a sale! They could care less who is going to be wearing the clothes.

Makeup: For me the hardest part (suprisingly) was getting my concealor and foundation to match my skin tone. I went to a professional makeup counter (Sephora). The Makeup artist there are always happy to help anyone with finding the perfect makeup. Not to mention it is SO much fun to sit there and try stuff on. For the eyes and lips I went to my local drug store and bought some colors that I thought would work. Then I went home and practiced with them. Much like anything with art, I don't think I am ever very satisfied with how it all looks. But I do get lots of compliments on how well I'm put together!

Another great resource for makeup tips (and this has helped me so much) is you tube. Anything that you ever need to know about how to apply makeup is on youtube. There are tons of different styles and ways to apply makeup. Youtube is a GREAT resource for learning about makeup.

And, of course if you have any questions this forum is AWESOME for getting the answers that you need. Good luck to you. I hope my advice has helped. And HAVE FUN with it!

Taylor Dame
12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Have you checked the Glamour Boutique in Auburn, MA? I believe they offer some transformation services and operate a store from Mondays through Saturdays. See their location at: http://www.glamourboutique.com/storelocations.aspx

Welcome to the Forum, and best of luck to you.

Taylor

Dianeob
12-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Duggest you try Scarlett. SHe used to be at Glamour Boutique but now is on her own. She is a very nice person and I can speak form experience that she is very good at amkeovers

chrisadd
12-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Glamour Boutique in Auburn, MA has a couple of Transformation options. One involves a licensed cosmetolgist gg who does some nice work and the other involves the owner doing them which he usually does at cost to get people in the store. If you search tgfashions.com under facebook I think you will see some of his work which seems pretty good to me. I think the girl can accompany you shopping en femme at a small fee. I am not brave enough for that but find it very interesting to think about.

I had a makeover by Jamie Austin which was very expensive and the pictures were great but I was uncomfortable seeing myself in the mirror. Too over the top for me.
Now I just do my own and am very happy with my results. I guess that is the key to it--just feeling good about yourself--no matter who does it.

Deedee Skyblue
12-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I had a makeover by Jamie Austin which was very expensive and the pictures were great but I was uncomfortable seeing myself in the mirror. Too over the top for me.

Chris, I love looking at pics of Jamie's work. But it always seems that he tries to make every angel look like a fashion model, often with severe makeup. There are very few 'casual' shots. Still, I guess that's the point of going to Jamie. And there are some really stunning Austin's Angels!

Deedee :battingeyelashes: