PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I'm not allergic!

LadyPilot
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
A fun story from a couple years ago. I had a persistent rash on my legs that became bad enough that I sought a dermatologist’s opinion. The doctor (female) did some checks and prescribed some medicine and off I went. A year later the rash came back so I went back to the same doctor; however, this time I was more open about dressing. My visit with her I wore girl jeans, tennis shoes a blouse and bra with ‘a’ cup inserts. During our conversation I asked her if shaving would cause the rash then I asked about nylons causing the rash. She said they could but wasn’t really sure; however, I should “troubleshoot” this with my theory. The rash didn’t go away so about two weeks later I had another appointment with her.

During this appointment I was dressed fairly similar like my previous appointment. This visit she wanted to do an “allergic reaction panel” which is a rectangle adhesive grid panel that she placed on my back between my bra straps and purposely applied numerous agents that could cause an allergic reaction to the panel. A week later I came back and she removed the panel and stated;

She said “well, the good news is you not allergic to hormones or steroids”

I said “what do you mean?”

she said that “I can continue taking them for your breasts”

I said “ummm, these are inserts”

She said “darn, I thought we were on to something here”

End results I am not allergic to hormones or steroids and some high powered topical cream seems to take care of the rash. Needless to say I am happy on both accounts.:D:D:D:D

Wildaboutheels
12-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Just more proof that adding 2&2 doesn't automaticaly or always equal 4.

On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet that she DID NOT think you were gay.

Babette
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Test have best told me what I'm not allergic too. (Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough) My dermatologist is fantastic but I wish that I could leave his office without him snipping or freezing something just once. Ouch!

Babette

DeeArel
12-03-2012, 12:07 AM
It coud be you are sensitive to your laundry detergent. Another possibility that your clothes do not get enough rinses to remove excess detergent. Modern detergents do not reguire as much to be used.

Beverley Sims
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
It coud be you are sensitive to your laundry detergent. Another possibility that your clothes do not get enough rinses to remove excess detergent. Modern detergents do not reguire as much to be used.

My thoughts exactly. Our washing machine gets overloaded on occasions and I have done a couple of tests on my wife's bras for retention of detergent in the clasp section where it is quite thick. Sure enough given a squeeze in clear water and there is some residue. Just enough for a reaction.
She used to get a little rash on her back where the clasp was.
More rinsing, all gone now. :)