PDA

View Full Version : Just popping in to say hi

Pythos
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I am still alive.

I recently moved out of my mother's finally, which has been good. I am in a place with open minded people, one being a goth. I get to wear what I want when I want. That being said, as great as this is, it may be short lived. My flight instruction job just is not hacking it, and my computer job is also suffering. I am looking at other employment.

I am unfortunately still in the throws of the loss of what was the best relationship I had ever had, and seeing all the big faults that were in it. Which is making me do some soul searching.

As I have stated here before, several years ago I contemplated transition, and those thoughts are going through my mind again. The biggest road block however is that certificate I spent three years of my life, along with the other certificates I made big sacrifices for. If I did indeed transition, those certificates would likely become null and void.

I need to find a job, and I was thinking of applying en fem....but I don't think that is gonna work at all. Especially with all the info you have to give to get a job.

I want to get some therapy, but the problem with that is, the FAA aeromedical branch gets informed of any such "mental work" and that can make my medical invalid.

So as you can see, I am rather lumped. There is also the fact I am 40 years old, and that strikes me as late to do such a huge change.

There are other things I am having to soul search as well.

It really sucks. This time last year I was so beyond happy, but this year....yea. The second half of this year claimed so much from me. First, my chinchilla died, then my aunt, then my computer job laid me off, then the most devastating loss, and that was my relationship, then my flying took a hit. Then as I am driving my bug, the brakes failed. I took it to the shop, and found that the whole system (40 years old) had failed....$1500. This year was gonna try to take my beloved beetle....NO WAY!!! I paid for it. Now if all those other things had not happened, I may have let the bug go, but I would be damned if this year was gonna take something else!!!

I found out that I basically got dumped by my ex....for a rather ugly and mean little troll of a woman, and this has set my gyros assunder. This ugly little mean person hated my guts the first time she saw me and my love kiss, and always excluded me. Yes I know my GF was in the wrong, but her and the troll have been long time friends, and the troll is always nice around her. I am a decent guy and I never deserved what happened. But this is also the 6th relationship that has been torn apart by some other person. Which is why I am doing the soul searching.

So yea. I may post pics from October and November, there were some great oufits those months.

Heather1129
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Good to hear from you Pythos, I was wondering the other day why you hadn't been posting and what you were up to. I hope you get your issues worked out and get life back on track. I'm glad you saved your bug, but $1500 for a brake job sounds a little steep to me. What year is it? I have a '54 that I have owned for 38+ years now. Take care and do pop in once in a while.

Hugs, Heather

sandra-leigh
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I too was wondering just a few days ago where you were. Glad to see you back!

FAA threads:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-160171.html

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-173484.html - Aprilrain is a pilot and was successful

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-172891.html - someone worried about it

docrobbysherry
12-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Great to hear from u, Pythos. I know how down u get sometimes, so I've been worried but hoping for the best. Your post is reassuring. It shows you're standing up to life better. It kicks everyone's butt at times. Some of us simply r better able to fite back!

It's funny when u describe 40 years old as being old. You've got half your life left and maybe 20 more years with all your faculties in the same condition as they r now if u take care of yourself. Around then, prepare to begin the, "great fade". That's where I am and 40 seems over a lifetime ago to me!

Pythos
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
It's not so much my thinking I am old, but what the medical establishment would think. I would think that IF I did transition that my age would be a factor. The bug is a 1969, classic, and sadly parts are becoming rare. I have no doubt that much work was put in though, and have no doubt all the parts replaced were at least 40 years old.

sandra-leigh
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
It's not so much my thinking I am old, but what the medical establishment would think.

Not saying you should or should not transition, but we have members who have transitioned in their 70's.

I am a decade older than you; several people who were member of our local club were a decade older than I am when they started transitioning.