PDA

View Full Version : And the weird part is...

Lady Catherine
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
So I pull into a clients yard to do an estimate on his boat. (I do fiberglass repair and painting and such.) after going over the job, the guys looks at me perplexed and tells me I look really familiar. I tell him I've been down here almost 30 years and worked on a lot of boats, etc. After talking a while longer, he gets a real big grin on his face, leans in and whispers in my ear, "You're Catherine. Aren't you?" Really shocked at this point I tell him I am. He offers no explanation nor does he reintroduce himself. I am in too much disbelief to really ask any questions at this point, and the conversation ends and I go about my way.

The weird part is this: I have only been going by the name Catherine since October and I don't go out locally dressed up and there are absolutely no pictures of me on the Internet. So how did he know who I was? I am going to have to ask him how he knew if I ever see him again. Hopefully I get this job so that I can.

I'm still kind of speechless.

SherriePall
12-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Cue the Twilight Zone music!

Sallee
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a new friend Even if ou don't et the job you should ask him

Wildaboutheels
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I lived in the Keys for 2 years. [Stock Island] Even Key West is not all that big. Key Largo?

I think that "island living" in general tends to attract a broad range of unique folks for some reason. I somehow think it may have something to do with such close proximty to SALT water.

Another possibility is that he is some type of federal worker who might know for whatever reason. I think only the tiniest portion of Americans realize what 9/11 TRULY did to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all that stuff. Big Brother IS watching everything we all do no matter how careful we might thinnnnk we are.

Kate Simmons
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
My guides are telling me he knows you from a previous life Cat.:)

Connie D50
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Catherine All you have to do is read your profile (about me) if I live in your Key largo I could at lease quess. Maybe he was doing a little fishing and caught you in his boat. :-) Connie