PDA

View Full Version : Walking the dogs

GabbiSophia
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I have made it my mission to lose some weight, so I am walking the dogs 1 hr or so a day. Not doing bad so far but have found that there are other benifits to the walk.

1. I lose weight
2. gain stamina
3. dogs are happy and get outdoor time
4. Lose so muscle tone to help fit in some clothes
5. I get to practice my "girl" walk for 1 hr a day!!!!

Lets hear it for walking!!!

and if anyone asks why the walk .. well the dogs cause me to do it !!!! :D:devil:

suzy1
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Good for you Steph.
Any exercise is good and that sounds a good one. Wiggle dress here we come yes?:)

Pity about the dogs, I don’t like dogs. [I am now going to be lynched by the other members]:eek:

reb.femme
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Is this post a euphemism for dogging, in which case you add another possible outcome.......arrested! :devil:

My wife says I keep active by 'flying off the handle' and 'jumping to conclusions'.

I use the Wi-Fit for my exercise,.....no hair and it doesn't need feeding....apart from electricity of course. I've got 2 cats and they don't walk anymore than they have to. In fact they're a right pair of lazy bas........ :heehee:

Rebecca

reb.femme
12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Pity about the dogs, I don’t like dogs. [I am now going to be lynched by the other members]:eek:

They're fine Suzy.....normally with chips and a little gravy! :heehee:

Rebecca

stephNE
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
How can you say that!

Cassandra Lynn
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
For 11 blissful years my dog has been walking me, now sadly with her age i am the walker.
Really tho, she does get in the hills with me still, i just can't go on the longer hunts like we used to do.

I'm fighting the realization that i need to get serious about working my midsection (abdominal work really does suck big ones) as that is my trouble area.
I got back on the bike a bit this summer and the hunting in the hills keeps the legs looking fairly nice i just need to get after the rest of me.

God Bless us our 4 legged family members.

Shananigans
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you need two more to walk? I have two lazy pugs that might initially walk with you...but, they'll probably get too tired, sit down in the road, and not move until they are picked up/carried home. It's a good upper body work out.

GG7irish
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Well being a Cat person, I still like dogs but love my cats........
I go walking every morn at 5 am 3-5 miles briskly for weight loss......wow that would be fun to lynch....er i mean leash my cat to walk with me :)

StaceyJane
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I take my little dog for a walk every day.