PDA

View Full Version : Will volunteer at campus library - as Brenne

brenne
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I've been volunteering at the library on my daughter's campus. Last month I showed up one day with a femme top: blouse, jacket, necklace, etc (but slacks & dude shoes).

Next week I asked a trusted librarian if it was OK (I figured it was supposed to be a "safe zone"), and also thought I'd ask the admin to talk with us - if I was to do this, I wanted to go through proper channels. So the admin got the process started to allow me to do this.

Next week the supervisor wanted to talk to me - amazingly she was very supportive. We also talked with the person on campus who handles LGBT issues, and there have been meetings and emails to let workers know there will be a TG volunteering at the library.

So today the supervisor said, when I come in Thursday, I can dress in what I'd like (within professional dress code, of course) . :) :battingeyelashes: :)

lynnef
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! :)

Hope the patrons/customers are as understanding as the management :D

RADER
12-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Thats great; Now go shopping for some professional type wear.
Rader

bridget thronton
12-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Very nice - open minded college

Beverley Sims
12-04-2012, 05:40 AM
You have covered your bases well, I hope it is as successful as we all anticipate.
Please keep us posted.

Kate Simmons
12-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Sounds good to me Hon. You are, after all, volunteering your own time.:)

Dana921
12-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Congratulations Brenne!

Angela Campbell
12-04-2012, 08:28 AM
That is wonderful, the more people see us in non threatening situations as just another person the closer to acceptance we will get. I am proud of you.

LadyPilot
12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
This scenario is what I hope for. Hopefully some barriers (closed minded people) will be taken down by you being you. Please let us know how it goes.

Ceri Anne
12-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Thats great. I find the younger college crowd does a pretty good job at accepting new things. Get some great cloths and have fun.

brenne
12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Thats great. I find the younger college crowd does a pretty good job at accepting new things. Get some great cloths and have fun.

Thanks - but I don't want to upstage the pretty GG students ... :battingeyelashes: