PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here?

swiss_susan
11-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi all,

Well here is my problem, there seems to be relatively little in the way of resources that I can find around here.

As I have a bit of vacation time left for the year I was thinking of going somewhere I can do some shopping for stuff I can get here.

I don't want to go as far as the US, I was thinking most likely the UK. can anyone suggest some place I could go that has friendly resources nearby.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Susan

Phoebe Reece
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Susan, what kind of "resources" are you looking for?

swiss_susan
11-30-2005, 06:42 PM
A place to go shopping for things like breast forms.

And perhaps a few clubs or friendly restaurants.

Bear in mind I hope to go out for the first time.

Susan

Faye Emmette
11-30-2005, 07:50 PM
....Australia's out of the calculations. :(
Free accomodation here but 'accessories' are more expensive than anywhere. There are places in Sydney that are OK to visit and feel comfortable.
A multitude of RedCross/StVinnies/Goodwill stores can be found and even in my outer Sydney town there are five 'Op' shops to find that clothing..
Anyways, hope you find a happy solution to your dilemma.
XX
F.

Phoebe Reece
11-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Breast forms can be purchased online for pretty reasonable prices - probably for a lot less than in a retail shop. Of course there is nothing like the experience of actually shopping in person and trying things on.

Considering exchange rates and discount air fares, coming all the way to the USA might not be a bad idea.

I would think you could find places to get out and about in Switzerland. I know there are places with female impersonator shows in Lucerne and Zurich as I've seen ads for them when I've been there on various vacations. There's bound to be some TG friendly places somewhere near you. I've spotted CD's before in the Lucerne train station.