PDA

View Full Version : Standing like Lady...

sheilagirl
12-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm very new here and this may have been mentioned before but one of the things to remember is that most women stand with their feet and legs together. especially when they're wearing a skirt or dress. You can often times pick out the CD'ers in a crowd because they stand like GUYS, legs apart looking like they are ready to make a tackle! Practicing in front of the mirror helps. Don't be afraid to put some hip into it!

Kate Simmons
12-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I generally hardly ever just stand there. I'm either moving on the dance floor or socializing with my friends at a table while at the club.:battingeyelashes::)

Lynn Marie
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the tip Sheila. It's funny, but I pretty much keep my legs together when dressed. Very strange, but it only feels right.

Miss Trudy
12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm with you Lynn Marie! Guess I spent too many years hearing my mother tell my sister to keep her knees together!

anastasiafantasia
12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I guess i'm lucky in this respect.I always walk rather feminine and sit with legs together.Although, somebody when i was at school did comment on my always sitting down with my legs crossed and sometimes also double-crossed as such at the ankles.He thought it looked gay until he tried it himself and realised how comfortable it is.Another schoolmate wondered how i did it with having male "tackle" too.

However i see more than the odd woman here in London walking with splayed out feet and like a man would traditionally i guess.

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I guess i'm lucky in this respect.I always walk rather feminine and sit with legs together.Although, somebody when i was at school did comment on my always sitting down with my legs crossed .....

I used to always get grief about the way I sat and the way I walked. I learned to walk like a man just to avoid the harrassment.

sheilagirl
12-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I knew I was probably "preaching to the choir" but just thought I'd throw it out there.
Thanks for responding!
Sheilagirl

jillleanne
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Not Shania Twain, and that's just fine with me.

Lady Catherine
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
When I was younger, I would often get hit on by gay men. I never knew why until some one told me I walked in a very feminine fashion.

sheilagirl
12-05-2012, 10:01 PM
When I was younger, I would often get hit on by gay men. I never knew why until some one told me I walked in a very feminine fashion.
Ditto. I love your dress.
Sheila

Beverley Sims
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I have naturally done all these things all my life I have had to rebuff the gay tag a few times.
It makes it so easy to be a lady.
Knees together, legs together getting out of a car, crouching down to get nearer the floor, crossing my arms when pulling of a sweater over my head, keeping my legs crossed when sitting. Get caught with that one all the time, people do look.
And so the female mannerisms go on.

LadyPilot
12-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I am one of the guys! My wife gets all over me because of the manorisms especially when wearing a skirt or dress; usually, I don't know that I am doing it. Must be a lifetime habit I guess.

sheilagirl
12-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I am one of the guys! My wife gets all over me because of the manorisms especially when wearing a skirt or dress; usually, I don't know that I am doing it. Must be a lifetime habit I guess.
Hey Lady,
Old habits die hard, right? The fact that you're out in public is great though!
Sheila

LaraPeterson
12-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi Sheila,
The standing walking thing for guys has as much to do with muscles as it does with habit. I'm a personal trainer, and I can tell you from experience that we have very short hamstrings and adductors (groin muscles). That's why most guys walk with their toes slightly outward and it's part of why we struggle with the "walk." This is probably going to sound dumb to some, but if you really want to learn how to walk and stand like a lady, take a yoga class with some ladies. They will blow your mind, wear you out, and teach you how to stretch properly so that whether your in combat boots or 5" heels, you'll know how to walk with good posture and loose muscles.

I work out (not as a trainer) with a yoga class every week. I get to hear all kinds of interesting stuff about women, their habits, and the way they dress and act. And I'm not the only guy in there---we're just outnumbered by a large margin. Stretching with all those good looking GG's gives me something to strive for, and I love it.

I wasn't born with great legs, I trained them!

sheilagirl
12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Right On Lara,
I know I have to make a conscientious effort to bend those
kneels a bit and keep my feet together. As you pointed out, all of these
actions made easier by staying in-shape and practice, practice, practice.
Sheila

CynthiaD
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
A lot of women stand with their legs crossed. It's easy to do if you're tucked, and very feminine.

suchacutie
12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
There are a lot of details of "formal" presentation of proper ladies! It's fascinating to read about all the training that once (maybe still does in some quarters) went on for the proper deportment of young ladies.

As related to this thread, one doesn't just stand with one's feet together, but with one toe pointed slightly outward so the feet are not parallel.

Maybe we need a thread on "old fashioned" deportment! :)