PDA

View Full Version : "I had the weirdest dream last night..."

Jenniferathome
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Says my wife to me over dinner. Mind you, just a husband and wife eating out and she goes on to regale me with her dream:

...you totally redesigned our closet and it was huge an beautiful but only your clothes occupied the rods and shelves. You crammed all my stuff into one little cubby. Then you told me don't worry, I can borrow all your things. The problem is, all the stuff on the rods and shelves were atrocious: Daisey Duke shorts, Ellie May tops, little girl style easter dresses, etc. I kept thinking 'why would you buy this junk?'

OK, first, I reminded her that I would never buy the crap she described. And second, my wardrobe has not grown lately. Reminds of a dream she had where I cheated on her. She was bitchy all day to me and I finally asked her why she has a bug up her butt and she then tells me about the cheating dream! I apologized for that one but not the closet dream because I have better taste than that. She agreed. While absurd, at least we still talk and laugh about my crossdressing.

reb.femme
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
The Daisy Duke shorts are OK I suppose, if you have the correctly formed derriere to put in them and body to carry it off. (which I'm sure you do) :battingeyelashes:

Conversely, I had a dream that my wife had cheated on me and I woke up feeling angry. It takes a few hours to fully throw off as dreams have that ability to infiltrate our reality.

In relation to your wife having a "bug up her butt", I believe you can get a cream for that. :devil:

Rebecca

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Dreams can just be random crap or they can reflect a feeling, like frustration. This does sound like a frustration dream. Maybe, rather than reminding her of the realities - about your sense of style, or size or wardrobe - you might probe a little deeper and see if its an unspoken frustration that might be bubbling out through a dream.

I'm probably over sensitive, but I shuddered when I read this. One should never put too much stock into interpreting dreams, but these vaguely reminded me of some dreams my ex wife had - and invariably in those dreams I was doing things that were hurtful - physically or emotionally hurtful of her - cheating, physical abuse, etc. I never ever did anything like that, and it made me feel terrible that these had become what seemed to be recurring dreams. I never quite understood if somehow I was the basis for those dreams, but to this day it saddens me. (I know, after all these years I should let it go).

And in the months immediately after our divorce I had recurring nightmares where my ex would scream and berate me in front of others...and I was powerless to calm her or refute anything she said. It was a terrible time... Thanks for reminding me ;)

Kate Simmons
12-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Geez, most of my dreams are lucid and I direct them. If the plot starts to drift, I either end it or correct it. Most things are symbolic in a dream. She may be dreaming vicariously through your image of wishes she, herself, used to have as a girl. You never know Hon.:);)

ReineD
12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
The absurdity may be in your wife's dream representation of your clothing tastes since there is evidence to the contrary but what is real, I think, is her subconscious feeling that you are prioritizing Jennifer over her. She wants to make it all work, but she is still faced with behaviors that will take her a while to fully understand and come to terms with.

I've had similar dreams about my SO, even though I know now after some years that I am a priority in his life. I want to be and I am supportive of my SO's feminine expression because I recognize his/her needs but this does not mean that I didn't experience internal conflict over being in a relationship with someone who has a facet that I have not encountered in any man that I have felt close to (father, brother, ex, etc), nor any other man that I have known. I've also had dreams about my SO cheating on me and this was during a time when I very much felt as if I was not as much a priority in his life as he was in mine, even though I know that it goes against his moral code to cheat and he would never do this. The "cheating" dreams were not about a real fear that he would cheat. They were about a fear that I came second in his life.

RADER
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Funny you mention closet space.
About 10 years ago, I built a large addition to the house. I added some extra closet space
for both me and my Wife. Well fast ford ward to present day; She occupies about 80% of
the new closet space, 80% of the old closet space. I am left with a 16" portion of a large
closet, and about 4' of an original closet space. What is a girl to do?
My wife says, build more space, But the lot is only so big, and The Township has rules
on how much space a house can occupy on your land.
Rader

Jorja
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
But the lot is only so big, and The Township has rules
on how much space a house can occupy on your land.
Rader

Think up, not out:)

ChrisP
12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe the closet represents something else.....

It was your things that took up the space in the closet, and as if to emphasize that to your wife's dreaming mind, it was all frivolous, frou-frou,and nothing she would wear.
Her things meanwhile were confined to a small area of that same closet.
When her dreaming self became concerned, her dream had you saying that if there's any problems you'll just borrow her things: her wardrobe is relegated to inferior status, and you can acquire what you want from her stuff any time....she's lost control of it.

I would see this as an expression of concern she may have about your femininity taking over, and it's a type of femininity that she doesn't relate to.

I would just reassure her that her dresses and clothing come first in any closet that you own or share (in this case that is reassuring her that her femininity is the most important femininity), and second of all that she will never have her things confined to just a small part of any space you two share (reassuring her that she is co-equal in the relationship).

Interesting dream.

shayleetv
12-06-2012, 01:49 AM
My wife had a dream too. She was kind of embarrassed to tell me. When I finally got her to tell me she said it was about me crossdressed and putting on a fashion show for her and her friends at work. And this is coming from the woman who has said no crossdressing outside the house. Go figure!

bridget thronton
12-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Dreams are how your brain plays and integrates the new info for the day

Beverley Sims
12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Dreams sometimes reflect our innermost fears and distort the truth as you have described.
Keep laughing about your crossdressing and take the light banter gracefully.
That way it will work in your favor.