PDA

View Full Version : I needed that!

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Another post asked why we cared what women think. Fair question. Well today, I needed some positive reinforcement! For several weeks, I have been on the road, working for a client that expects to see a male. I've ventured out a few times, but had very little time to dress or get out.

As a result my self confidence has ebbed a bit. So, this week I'm working from home and today I made a point of getting out of the house. I made a trip through Dillards department store, bought nighties for my wife, stockings and some make up for myself and visited at lenght with several of my favorite SAs. The SA in lingerie was new, and either she's a real poker face or quite accepting. Either way, I know, their paid to be friendly, but its still fun. Got a few very nice compliments...which, real or not, felt very good. I crossed paths with many women and men, not one of which showed any reaction other than there goes another shopper. Good enough for me.

Then, feeling quite at ease and with renewed confidence, I stopped at a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant for lunch. Again, no one's eyes bugged out, no smirks or nudges, and so far as I could see, no on turned around after they passed to check again. That doesn't mean I passed, but I certainly felt that I blended in persuasively. That was worth venturing out again!

Lynn Marie
12-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Very cool Kim. You just must exude confidence, which we all know is a very powerful force in the universe!

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Very cool Kim. You just must exude confidence, which we all know is a very powerful force in the universe!

Thanks, Lynn Marie,

I did feel much more at ease than I have in weeks. Finally, whew. I really don't want to go back in the box again. ; )

Cynthia Anne
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
That's great Kim! There are times that we have to pick ourselves and go for it! Sounds as it worked very well for you! Keep going girl!

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks, Cynthia Anne! I'll try to maintain my momentum!

justmetoo
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Good going! Sounds like it was just what you needed.

Barbara Ella
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM
And so glad you got it. Isn't it interesting that even though a lot of this is for our mental well being, yet...If we don't get that physical reinforcement we can question what we do and begin to feel negatively about ourself. We are indeed a very complex group. Glad you get to go out and interact and maintain your confidence. In turn, you give a lot of us a lot more confidence just reading about what you can do. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara

Bree Wagner
12-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Kim,

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you and you got that positive vibe you needed. It absolutely was worth venturing out again. I hope your next trip goes just as well or even better.

-Bree

kimdl93
12-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Good going! Sounds like it was just what you needed.

Yup, and I finally learned to use the multi quote thingy!

And so glad you got it. Isn't it interesting that even though a lot of this is for our mental well being, yet...If we don't get that physical reinforcement we can question what we do and begin to feel negatively about ourself. We are indeed a very complex group. Glad you get to go out and interact and maintain your confidence. In turn, you give a lot of us a lot more confidence just reading about what you can do. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara

Its such a small thing, really. Going out had grown to be part of my daily routine. But with the weeks away and stuck in male mode, really did lose my confidence a bit. It is a bit like riding a bike...no really a bit more like riding a horse. You can get right back on a bike, but you need to get to know a horse before you're at ease in the saddle again.

Kim,

I'm so glad that things are looking up for you and you got that positive vibe you needed. It absolutely was worth venturing out again. I hope your next trip goes just as well or even better.

-Bree

I'll be on the road a great deal in the coming year...much more male mode.(Maddeningly miserable). Sorry for the alliteration. I couldnt resist it. But I'm making a vow to myself to get out of the male stuff every evening and out as my schedule permits.

Beverley Sims
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Now that's new! Blending in persuasively. :)
Good for you, confidence boosting is needed sometimes.

LadyPilot
12-07-2012, 06:20 PM
It is a great feeling when you are accepted. I am glad that you had a positive outing.

kimdl93
12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Now that's new! Blending in persuasively. :)
Good for you, confidence boosting is needed sometimes.

Thanks, Bev, I may have coined a new adjective for blending, huh?

Diversity
12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Good for you, Kim. Thank you for your post. The encouraging message is helping me to take my first step to do this. Not today, but soon. I know the day is nearing....
Enjoy!
Di

May(be)
12-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Kind of feels like a dip in a hot tub, huh?

kimdl93
12-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Kind of feels like a dip in a hot tub, huh?

In a way, yes. I needed to loosen a bit. Getting out of the house helps one renew ones confidence. Today, I stopped at Starbucks after weeks away. It's like coming home when people greet me by name.

PretzelGirl
12-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I think it is very common for that to happen to us. It is getting into a groove and finding our comfort level. Just like an athlete where repetitions get them comfortable, I think it is the same for going out. So no more waiting so long between outings, ya hear? :battingeyelashes:

Trysha
12-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I love your attitude Kim. Your confidence is inspiring to say the least.

kimdl93
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Trisha, my confidence is learned through experience. I didn't start with it and like a minuscule, it can atrophy with lack of use!

Kaz
12-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Well done Kim, good for you! I haven't been 'out' for what feels like a lifetime. Looks like I will be 'house bound' until Feb, March time :sad:

kimdl93
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Just a brief update - I'm working out of town this week, and stuck in male mode all day. So, I brought along my things so that for a few hours, at least, I can be myself. I figure that if I get out at least a couple of times while I'm here, I may innoculate myself against a loss of confidence. So, this evening I took a leisurely stroll in the cool evening air to the Panera near my hotel. Had a bowl of soup and a little conversation with the SAs. No one, not the other customers nor the cashier, noticeably reacted to the tall, older blonde. Confidence sustained for another day ;)