PDA

View Full Version : The need the be loved for who we are

cdtraveler
12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Strikes me that when it comes to dressing my strongest desire is to be loved an accepted by my So regardless of how I'm dressed. As long as my dressing isn't all consuming I could actually see us getting closer if she can accept with reasonable boundaries. I read this is a process of acceptance with no easy route. Have to say to those SO out there who still see their man even in that dress and love him - thank you for the hope and for sharing and supporting other SO's.

Annaliese
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Love should not have boundaries

RADER
12-05-2012, 07:49 PM

How true, My wife and my self tell each other many times a day that we love
each other. We are "Teenagers" Married for 19 years now. I am a very lucky
person, she is OK with me dressing.
Rader

Barbara Ella
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree, love has no boundaries, but sometimes the journey to get around the enormous expanse can get wearisome. that said, married 42 years. Still tell each other we love each other. We agree we will not separate. we are both working through what has been a Babo bomb (for us old timers) for the past 12 months. getting the mental attitude lined up with the intellectual attitude is not easy for everyone.

Barbara

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 08:28 PM
We can't change the way people feel, but we can show that we care enough to talk about difficult subjects. Start talking and keep talking. Things may work out for you both.

mybfisatstv
12-10-2012, 06:08 AM
I feel tho it depends if she found out or if you told her. in my situation, I found out and he lied about it and still does and it would have been so different if he told me because I still love him so much uncondtionally

Beverley Sims
12-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Morals and standards of behavior taught at child hood are very hard to shake off.

GabbiSophia
12-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Amen!!! My exact thoughts. Just cause I am not happy with me doesn't mean I am not happy with you!!!

Sarasometimes
12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Morals and standards of behavior taught at child hood are very hard to shake off.

Wow! That says a lot in a few words! It also explains why social change can be such a long process! Well put Beverley.

Kate Simmons
12-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I have to assume that those feelings go both ways, right? That is the way a true loving relationship works.:)

suzy1
12-10-2012, 08:40 AM

I agree but you are talking about perfect love, as rare as a perfect diamond. It exists but how many of us ever find it.
Most of us have to work with what we have and in your case cdtravaler I wife you love and loves you but not perfect just like you and me.
I hope you work it out and both of you remain happy.

Suzy

GG7irish
12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
My parents were married 54 years and Daddy always said, "There is never a perfect relationship, you just focus on the perfect moments to get you through the rough times." Although my relationship is new, not just the relationship but learning about the world of crossdressing in general, I am looking forward to lots of perfect moments with my BF as either himself or Cass. Remember there is someone out there who will love and accept you as you no matter what stage of our lives. Hang in there.