PDA

View Full Version : Went out dressed... well almost!

mikiSJ
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I ordered a sheath dress and dressy suit from an internet site. I am a size 18 top and a size 14 bottom, so something had to change. I also had a skirt I have owned since last century that was too long.

I found a local seamstress who is CD/TG friendly and I set an appointment with her to measure me for the alterations. I visited her shop this afternoon, in drab, but changed into the clothes needing alterations.

She was very friendly and supportive and I felt TOTALLY comfortable with her.

Slowly, Miki is becoming Miki!

kimdl93
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Good for you, Miki!

MsRenee
12-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Way to go girl. before you know it your gonna be out all the time.
Renee

Beverley Sims
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I was going to ask were you almost dressed or almost naked.
A good seamstress can be hard to find... Go for it.

LadyPilot
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Baby steps is the start to more wonderful things to come. Enjoy!

Diversity
12-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Good for you, Miki! I had a similar experience when I ordered a dress online and it was just too tight. I also found a seamstress who was willing to help me by doing the alterations. In fact she even closed her shop (puttting a sign on the door which said she'd be back in 30 minutes) in the day to ensure no one walked in while I had changed into the dress. She measured things up and I came back a week later to get the dress! It was nice to find someone who was willing to help and to go out of her way to make me feel comfortable.
Thanks for sharing, Miki.
Di

FaithGrace
12-08-2012, 02:53 AM
I started cross-dressing about 6 weeks ago (not counting sneaking the occasional panties and hose out of my wife's drawers while she was out of town) after she told me she wanted a divorce. After 3 or 4 weeks of building up a wardrobe, cosmetics, jewelry, etc., I've started dressing and going out fairly regularly shopping, dining, or bars/clubs. I have 2 things going for me that helps: 1) I realized that I waited way to long to start and don't want to waste any more time, and 2) I live in/near Atlanta where it is fairly accepted in certain areas.

After the first couple of times going out I came up with a theory. It is kind of like when you go hiking or camping and the experts always say that the wildlife is "more scared of you than you are of them." I believe in most cases, it is the same for John Q. Public. They are more scared of saying anything than you are of getting caught.

Girls, don't wait and don't care what anyone else thinks. If they don't like it, THEY are the ones with the problem, not you!

mikiSJ
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
I was going to ask were you almost dressed or almost naked.

Beverly

Funny! I was underdressed (panties and tights) when I showed up and dressed fully (except makeup) for the measuring. I am really glad I found Karalin and will definitely recommend her to anyone in the South Bay Area.

I had a similar experience when I ordered a dress online and it was just too tight. I also found a seamstress who was willing to help me by doing the alterations. In fact she even closed her shop (puttting a sign on the door which said she'd be back in 30 minutes)

Diversity

Since Karalin works out of her garage, I had to walk through her house where her mother and two aunts were cooking something and her husband was sitting at the kitchen table. When I walked into her shop she had another seamstress working at the table. I simply said to myself "get over the embarrassment" and I went in. She had a wrap-around curtain area for changing and measuring and I just jumped in and did.

Like a lot of the girls here my shoulders are different than my waist is different than my bust is different than my hips. I found our I wear a Size 18 jack, a Size 16 sleeveless dress and a Size 14 skirt. Now that I have found someone like Karalin I will not as hesitant as before when ordering something on-line.

I left feeling like I just aced the mid-term test. The finals will be when I get a makeover at Carla's in San Jose next month.

Everyone, thank you for your kind support. I am feeling really good right now!

mikiSJ
12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I went and picked up the dress and suit from my seamstress this afternoon.

It is amazing what well fitted clothes can do for your well being. While no one would ever confuse my body with that of a female, when I put the clothes on: THEY LOOKED GREAT and I felt great.

I am having a makeover done next month and I will post my new clothes with a smile!!!

kimdl93
12-22-2012, 08:52 AM
That's wonderful, miki! After your makeover, what's your next step?

Beverley Sims
12-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Yes I remember the last post and I will be looking forward to updates.

mikiSJ
12-22-2012, 02:51 PM
...what's your next step?

Need to negotiate that with my wife. I will most likely get together at Carla's for one of Aejaie's events.