PDA

View Full Version : The space between

May(be)
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Most of us here are very concerned with "passing". Well, the other night i was at a bar and i was approached by someone who was CONVINCED that i was a TS. not a crossdresser, not a girl, but a Trans-sexual.
I feel bad being disappointed, no offense to my TS sisters.

Jana
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know that I get your point. Disappointed in what sense? That you weren't passing?

Jenniferathome
12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
To be fair, even the most perfect makeup and style and clothes won't hide the male facial and body features. My wife always says it's not "a" thing that makes my male features come through but a whole package of things that my wig and makeup just can't hide. Frankly, I think being seen as a TS is probably a good thing.

May(be)
12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know that I get your point. Disappointed in what sense? That you weren't passing?
Yeah, almost passing. I guess being seen as a TS and a CD is the same in most people's eyes.

LaraPeterson
12-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't have a difficult time passing, except for those who really know what to look for. I've learned through the years what needs to be camouflaged, what needs to be completely covered, what can be shown, and how to move. Still, when I'm in a bar setting, most of the guys who hit on me are gay; I guess they have a better eye and figure if I'm there, I'm trolling (I'm not).

Most of the people I hang out with when I'm out and dressed know my genetic makeup; thankfully, it just doesn't matter to them. I sure wish I could live that way at home.

May(be)
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
To be fair, even the most perfect makeup and style and clothes won't hide the male facial and body features. My wife always says it's not "a" thing that makes my male features come through but a whole package of things that my wig and makeup just can't hide. Frankly, I think being seen as a TS is probably a good thing.

These are good points, Jennifer. I wonder if you could elaborate on your last pint a little? " being seen as a TS is probably a good thing"

Jenniferathome
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
These are good points, Jennifer. I wonder if you could elaborate on your last pint a little? " being seen as a TS is probably a good thing"

What I mean is that if someone thinks you are TS, they think you USED TO BE male but are now "female." So, you are presenting quite well if someone thinks this.

May(be)
12-06-2012, 10:59 PM
What I mean is that if someone thinks you are TS, they think you USED TO BE male but are now "female." So, you are presenting quite well if someone thinks this.

Yeah, true... True

NathalieX66
12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Anybody who thinks you are TS means you won. :cheer:.......take what you can get.

Brittany CD
12-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I guess in the end you can't hide your masculine features completely, no matter how good a job you do. It's more obvious than others, but based on your avatar, you're a pretty crossdresser and very convincing, so I don't know what made this fella think you were a TS. What I'm wondering though is why this person said that. It seems so random for someone to bring that up, especially if it's to someone who may be an actual woman. What happened after this happened? Did you say you were a dude in a wig, or did you just stay in character as May?

Stephanie Miller
12-07-2012, 12:14 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with you Carly.
This gal has done a wonderful job of hiding masculine features I think. As have many, many others have done.
Never give up hope May(be). You have a good jump on things. Lookin' good kiddo.

(Transexual Claudia Charriez, a former "America's Next Top Model" contestant)

Brittany CD
12-07-2012, 12:16 AM
This gal has done a wonderful job of hiding masculine features I think. As have many, many others have done.
Never give up hope May(be). You have a good jump on things. Lookin' good kiddo.

I guess I should clarify. I meant that crossdressers can't hide their male selves completely with makeup and a wig

Leslie Langford
12-07-2012, 12:30 AM
There are some transsexuals out there who are stunningly beautiful, and some of them are even starting to make inroads into the world of high fashion such as Isis King of "America's Next Top Model " fame, and in the process giving the GG's a run for their money.

There are also a number of Brazilian transsexuals who are currently starting to follow in her footsteps, not to mention Andrej Pejic, who is actually one of us.

Then there is Jenna Talackova, the erstwhile Miss Universe Canada contestant from earlier this year, who not only is a stunner, but even managed to make blowhard ("The Donald") Trump - who actually owns that franchise - eat crow. He eventually relented and allowed her to participate in the pageant on an even footing along with the other natal GG's after she got the lawyers involved and raised a major stink over her initial exclusion on the grounds that she was not a "real" woman.

So, May(Be) the short answer to your concern over having been mistaken for a transsexual is...you certainly could have done worse ;).

Beverley Sims
12-07-2012, 01:59 AM
It happened occasionally to me years ago.... I was always on cloud nine when this happened.
In a way it was a disappointment as I was usually taken for a GG then.
These days I have had to come out of the clouds. :)

ReineD
12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't know what people think when they talk to my SO and I. Likely they just assume that she is TS too. No one has ever asked.

... before I put my foot in my mouth, I want to say that transitioning TSs who have had FFs will be the first to say that although there are exceptions, it takes years for most to be taken as GGs, especially if they began taking HRT in their 30s-40s or older. I don't think this is an insulting thing to say, it's just the reality of transforming a male body and face into female to the point where there are no male gender cues left, that no one can detect. There are very fortunate TSs whose male gender cues dissipate rather quickly, but I think this is the exception rather than the rule?

linda allen
12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah, almost passing. I guess being seen as a TS and a CD is the same in most people's eyes.

I think it's just that simple. The average person seeing a man dressed as a woman will think the person is a "transexual" (as on the Jerry Springer TV show).

Jorja
12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Of course I never knew what people were thinking unless they said something. In the 32 years since I started my transition, I have never had someone come up to me and say, "I am convinced you are a TS". I have been in some pretty creepy seedy places in my day.

Jenniferathome
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
This gal has done a wonderful job of hiding masculine features I think.
(Transexual Claudia Charriez, a former "America's Next Top Model" contestant)

And she has had numerous surgeries to get like this. It is well documented. She is not hiding her masculine facial features, they were cut away.

kimdl93
12-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Honestly, only a lucky few can really pass with perfection, but I think Jennifer is right. I'd take that as a positive. I do have a question, tho. Was this a bar catering to the straight public or a GLBT bar? I sometimes think its easier to be read in the latter because well,we often go out out in our nicest outfits, while GGs often dress more casually. Just a guess, cause you are so darned cute ;)

May(be)
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Honestly, only a lucky few can really pass with perfection, but I think Jennifer is right. I'd take that as a positive. I do have a question, tho. Was this a bar catering to the straight public or a GLBT bar? I sometimes think its easier to be read in the latter because well,we often go out out in our nicest outfits, while GGs often dress more casually. Just a guess, cause you are so darned cute ;)

Straight bar. I also have to keep in mind that I comport myself much better when I don't drink, and I happened to be pretty dang drunk at that point.