PDA

View Full Version : Told the girl I work with

Cynthia_0101
12-09-2012, 09:05 PM
It's been so long since I posted anything meaningful here. Due to my current living situations it's impossible to dress at all and I find it very hard to come here and read most of the posts but I just had to tell everyone about this.

A little back story to this:

My life has been very stressful, between work and some family issues I am almost at my breaking point and when that happens I find my need to dress increases dramatically . I have had to change living situations and I can get to dress a little and that at least gives me a little outlet.

The Lady I work with is a total life saver to me. She can tell when I am stressed out and has no problems with letting me vent to her. She had asked what I do to try and relax and I told her I play a lot of video games.

About 3 weeks ago I was commenting on how bad my work boots hold onto mud and make it very dangerous to climb ladders. She pulled up her leg and said "try walking around in these all day" pointing to her high heels. Jokingly I said "maybe I do know what it's like". We both laughed and she said that's right I really don't know all these is to know about you do I.

Fast forward to the present and I am so stressed most days I am lucky I can even function at work. My friends mentions that I look like crap and asks how I am doing. "well I have put well over 5 days worth I time into my game".

" you need other ways to deal with stress than just shooting virtual people you know". I explained without detail that I have some other ways but I really don't talk about it because some people get weirded out by it and that even if I told her she would not believe me.

"I have seen so much stuff in my life not a thing you could tell me would weird me out". Being that I was working on less that 5 hours sleep I blurted out "remember the crack you made about the high heel shoe? well I do own a pair and can walk in them very well. I stopped and waited for the reaction. Her facial expression never changed and she just said "so what".

We had a quick little talk about it and that was the end of it.

I just had to tell someone.

DebbieL
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
It sounds like you may have found someone you can trust and you can talk to them about it. Are you stressed because of your transgender desires or is there something else going on at work? I'm a bit concerned that you are experiencing so much stress with no relief of any significance. You may need to consider finding a therapist, finding a real support group, or someone with whom you can honestly and authentically share about your stress and your desires.

Mind you, this isn't so you can get into a sexual relationship with that person, but so that you can have the experience of being liked and validated as a human being. I don't know your situation, but I do know that if you are stressing out because you are not dressing and are not able to dress, that you could find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation, dangerous to your marriage, possibly even dangerous to your life.

Cynthia_0101
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
No Debbie the stress it not due to the not being able to dress. Work and family issues and at the core of the stress problem.

Beverley Sims
12-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Maybe gradually coming out to her might help your situation.

MonctonGirl
12-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Cool !

Next - ask her if she wants to go shopping or come over and play with makeup! lol

stephNE
12-10-2012, 08:24 AM
MonctonGirl said exactly what I was thinking: "...- ask her if she wants to go shopping or come over and play with makeup! "

Cynthia_0101
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
MonctonGirl and StephNE, I don't think I will take it any further than it is now although that would be cool. I would never in a million years under normal circumstances would even think about telling someone but like I said it just kinda slipped out.

She is understanding and not judgmental but unless she brings it up for any reason I will just let slide for now.

kimdl93
12-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I think you're wise letting this slide unless/until she brings it up again. If you've got stress in your life, you really don't need any more. Just be grateful you've found a person who isn't offended by the fact that you CD.

Cynthia_0101
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I think you're wise letting this slide unless/until she brings it up again. If you've got stress in your life, you really don't need any more. Just be grateful you've found a person who isn't offended by the fact that you CD.

That was exactly my thoughts. She seems to have taken well and not changed her opinion of me one bit.