PDA

View Full Version : So Happy!! Just do it!

Nataliebabe
12-10-2012, 10:05 AM
So, this weekend I went out and finished my Christmas shopping. Finished up for the wife and kids and then it was Natalie time!! Girls, if you are nervous about shopping for girl stuff, dont be. NO ONE CARES! Especially when you are dressed as drab as drab can be and sporting a mustache and goatee!(I still have some hunting to do) I walked into the local Layne Bryant looking for a new black skirt and a few new tops.... and I did just that. A very helpful SA came over almost immedialtely and helped me out. So, I walked out of there with a nice black skirt(just above the knee) and new white button up blouse, a nice blue and white stripped cami and a matching sweater!! :D. It was so awesome! I could have stayed out all day. Right next door was Ulta and down from there was a Dress Barn and a few other stores! Hope ya`ll had a great weekend!!:)

suzy1
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
I’m not in the least bit nervous about shopping for girly stuff.
I always shop on eBay.:)

But good luck to you girl, you Obviosaly had a ball!:heehee:

Rita C.
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
That is the way to go girl, just be proud of how you are. when im in drab i shop as if i was all decked out. i allways try on what i buy for Rita, in male mode or female. 95% of the SA just want to make a sale.

Beverley Sims
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Christmas time, they are glad to see you and will sell you anything you want.
They don't care and they will wish you a Merry Christmas as well. :)

Lillyasia
12-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Shopping is so fun! This time of year no on cares what you are buying as they all assume it's a gift. Plus most of the employees are temporary for the holiday season so they're just focusing on not making mistakes with the register. I just bought a PJ bottom on clearance and the young gal ringing me up offered me a gift box but I declined. She was smiles all the way through and even wished me a happy holiday.

So, go forth and shop til you drop:)

FaithGrace
12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I almost prefer shopping en femme, especially for lingerie and stuff. Of course, I pretty much prefer doing just about everything dressed as a woman. Around Christmas its not too bad shopping for girly stuff as a guy, but otherwise it could be a little uncomfortable at times. Nowadays, I just don't care what people think so it doesn't matter. When dressed, the SA's know (or at least assume) its for me and are very helpful to help me find things in my size, ask questions about what *I* like, what I am looking for, and make helpful suggestions, go out of their way to help me out, and offer to let me try things on (I typically do because women's clothes seem to vary greatly between stores and brands).

And yes, with the economy they are more than happy to take anyone's money, but most of the salespeople that I've met I think would be just as helpful no matter what.

kimdl93
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I almost prefer shopping en femme, especially for lingerie and stuff. Of course, I pretty much prefer doing just about everything dressed as a woman. ....

Pretty much my sentiments. I don't hesitate to shop for women's things en drabb, but given the choice dressed as a woman. But to the OP, you're right - as long as your credit/debit card works or you have cash, you're a welcome customer.

Nataliebabe
12-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I have shopped in the off season before, it took me awhile, but, I am relatively confortable shopping for girlie things year round. I havent shopped in awhile and almost(well maybe not) forgot how much fun it was! :)

Sharon B.
12-11-2012, 06:17 AM
I usually shop on line but have gone into the local Lane Bryant store a couple years ago. It felt good telling the SA (manager) the items I was looking for were for myself, she didn't fall over, laugh or anything but being very helpful in finding what I was looking for.
The only problem I had when I went back to that store they had changed managers and she wasn't at the store anymore.

Sometimes Steffi
12-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I love shopping, but usually shop in male mode.

I've shopped and bought at Macy's. Kohl's, Target, Dress Barn, SteinMart, TJ Maxx, Ulta, Beauty First, Sally's, Hane's Outlet, Nordstrom Rack, DSW, Sears, KMart, CVS, and others. But, I still have I still have trouble crossing the threshold at many women-only stores, especially Lane Bryant and VS.

stephanie_sf
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I am nervous at the start when I go shopping, but once I get into the swing of things and tell myself, they just want my money I start to relax, enjoy myself and then spend far too much money (but leave feeling happy at all my new things to wear!!) :)

sissystephanie
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
For several years now most of my shopping is done while dressed enfemme. However there is a big difference!! While I may be dressed totally enfemme, I do not wear any makeup nor do I use a wig!! In other words, I am a man dressed like a lady!! My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig so that I could pass as Stephanie. I am not good at doing either one so just don't bother. In the almost 7 years that I have been doing this, no one has ever made any rude comments to me! And I have never heard anyone talking about me! Most people just don't care!!

RADER
12-11-2012, 11:11 PM
This is the best time of the year for shopping. All they want is your money.
Anyone dressed in anything can buy what you want, and they will just smile.
Rader

Nataliebabe
12-11-2012, 11:54 PM
I had to take my skirt back and exchange it. The clasp was broken. I did it this morning. Too bad that I had to leave. I coul dhave dropped soem serious cash there this morning. :)

Diversity
12-12-2012, 04:25 AM
I enjoy shopping for ladies garments in male mode. I am no longer afraid to do this and still find it exciting to do. In time, I'll get to try this dressed 'en femme', but I am a long way from doing this. I must continue to appreciate the steps I am taking and the growth I am making in this area. What is really neat is to pick out a skirt, dress, or blouse and walk up the the changing room clerk and show her the items that I wish to try on! The looks vary with each clerk, but never once has anyone given me a negative remark. Just smiles!
Di

LaraPeterson
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I was at a warehouse style shoe store not long ago, drab, looking for open-toed, mary jane pumps with a 4" or taller heel. They had them--and in size 10! I walked up to the sales counter, handed the box to the sales person and, after she looked in the box to make sure the rights sizes were in there, she said amusingly, "Are these for you?" I looked back it her with a smile and a wink and replied, "What do YOU think?" She didn't say another word. Just took my money and said thanks.

I hope I didn't offend her. I was being serious. I'd like to know if someone thinks a guy like me wears 4" strappy heels. Not that I care, mind you. Just curious.

Nataliebabe
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I was at a warehouse style shoe store not long ago, drab, looking for open-toed, mary jane pumps with a 4" or taller heel. They had them--and in size 10! I walked up to the sales counter, handed the box to the sales person and, after she looked in the box to make sure the rights sizes were in there, she said amusingly, "Are these for you?" I looked back it her with a smile and a wink and replied, "What do YOU think?" She didn't say another word. Just took my money and said thanks.

I hope I didn't offend her. I was being serious. I'd like to know if someone thinks a guy like me wears 4" strappy heels. Not that I care, mind you. Just curious.

I havent had any remarks whatsoever sonce i started shopping for my things but I do need to come up with some one-liners that would leave a clerk speechless. lol

SandraV
12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
This time of year is definitely easier to shop for girlie stuff, yet I'm at a point where I don't care (for the most part) and shop for whatever I feel like in drab. Not yet managed to venture into stores like VS, or to use the fitting rooms in women clothing stores, but other than that, if I like what I see, I'm buying.

Jessica S
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
I did a little shopping while I was up deer hunting a few weeks ago. I don't go out dressed up so I was in drab and had not shaved for about a week. I went to fashion bug and all the big box stores. I had no problem trying stuff on or did the SA's. One time I was looking at a dress and a SA asked "do you know if that is the right size she needs or do I need help?" I said I am not sure I better try it on. She walked me to the dressing room and came back and asked if it fit. It was big and she went back and got me a smaller size without any issues.