PDA

View Full Version : Under dress through airport security

shellycd
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
First time full under dress through airport security. Bra, Thong, pantyhose and spaghetti strip top under my sweater. Was a little nervous but when through the body scan ok. Anyway, now boarding. Will probably do again on the return trip

stephNE
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Try not to wear an underwire bra!

Sandra bailey
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Shelly have a good trip and enjoy your return x

Beverley Sims
12-10-2012, 01:24 PM
That sounds ok, avoid under wire bras and corsets with metal in them. :)

sissystephanie
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I have flown numerous times wearing an underwire bra. I am 80 years old and have worn a bra since I was age 9, under doctors orders! Have never had a problem in an airport!!

RenneB
12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a great scan through the TSA and hopefully a great flight..... I'm sure if I tried it, I'd get a heel caught, one of my forms would pop out, the corset would split and the metal boning would be aprehanded as a long sharp object...

So until I can pass naturally (may never happen in this lifetime) I'm keeping Renne in the checked bagagge....

Driving is sooo much easier as I can take all of my comfy clothes....

Renne.....

lingerieLiz
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
I checked my bagagge and it was searched for the chicklets I had in it. I had a lot of fem stuff along with the rest so I assume they figured I was traveling with a partner. They left a form that the bag had been searched. If they searched every time an underwire bra went through they would never be able to board an airplane.

I Am Paula
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Airport security has given me grief, or been easy as pie. My thought is that the employees don't know what their own policies and procedures are. I've been questioned about wearing a wig, asked to see my forms, and generally made miserable at times, and at others just cruised thru'. Up untill 9/11 I loved flying. Now I avoid it as much as possible.-Celeste

shellycd
12-11-2012, 01:04 AM
I wondered if they see my underwire bra in the body scan but I got through with out any issues. Strangely I keep wanting to change my jeans to the denim mini that is in my carry on during the flight. I could not have changed to fully dressed faster when I arrived at the hotel.

Jana
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Up untill 9/11 I loved flying. Now I avoid it as much as possible.-Celeste SOOOOOOO true! I can't stand it now and avoid it like the plague.

alwayshave
12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Airport security has given me grief, or been easy as pie. My thought is that the employees don't know what their own policies and procedures are. I've been questioned about wearing a wig, asked to see my forms, and generally made miserable at times, and at others just cruised thru'. Up untill 9/11 I loved flying. Now I avoid it as much as possible.-Celeste

I agree, I was flying out of BWI two years ago when a group of WWII vets were coming through on there way to a convention. These guys are late 80s early 90s, half were in wheel chairs or using oxygen. TSA ripped them apart. Stand up, wanded them, made them take various items they were wearing, remove their oxygen. I'm pretty sure not one was an Al Qeda operative.

I was so angry I was still seething when I reached my destination. The automatons at TSA are brain dead machines that have poor logic and contradictory instructions programmed within. They use no common sense or discretion.

Claire Cook
12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
First time full under dress through airport security. Bra, Thong, pantyhose and spaghetti strip top under my sweater. Was a little nervous but when through the body scan ok. Anyway, now boarding. Will probably do again on the return trip

Whenever I underdress with a bra, I get a patdown from a male TSA agent. (So I tell them I'm wearing a bra... no problem.) When I've flown as Claire, I get the patdown from a female agent -- which I prefer!

StarrOfDelite
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I agree, I was flying out of BWI two years ago when a group of WWII vets were coming through on there way to a convention. These guys are late 80s early 90s, half were in wheel chairs or using oxygen. TSA ripped them apart. Stand up, wanded them, made them take various items they were wearing, remove their oxygen. I'm pretty sure not one was an Al Qeda operative.

I was so angry I was still seething when I reached my destination. The automatons at TSA are brain dead machines that have poor logic and contradictory instructions programmed within. They use no common sense or discretion.

Those are the types of incidents about which we should write to our congressmen. Believe it or not, they do employ people who read our letters to take the pulse of public opinion in their districts.

Wildaboutheels
12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't know for sure... but I am guessing few security folks of any kind are required to take an intellignece test. As long as they meet the requirements and can fill out the forms... That's not to say how many are particularly sharp or dull. But they are ALL Human, so just no telling how meddlesome some might be, if they don't see a person dressed "normally".

As far as I know there are no laws, stating what type of undergarments are required or acceptable for either sex?

LeannL
12-11-2012, 08:55 PM
For those that are interested, the TSA does recognize the needs of transgendered people. Here is there website. It is a good read for all of us who travel.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/transgender-travelers

BTW, the TSA posting was revised only 5 days ago. So a revisit might be in order.

Leann

DeeInGeorgia
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
But they don't have it completely right. They talk about using the same gender on the ticket as the gender on your identification. My driver's license has my sex, not my gender, but the photo on my driver's license shows my gender. I give my gender on the ticket,not my sex. I get some funny looks, especially when I travel in boy mode, from the TSA people, but no problem getting through.

CynthiaD
12-11-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't travel en femme but I'm always underdressed. I frequently get patted down because I've got a chunk of metal in my arm that sometimes sets off the metal detector. I've been patted down wearing a bra with no problems. One guy did comment that I had "really tight underwear" (my pantyhose) but I've never really had a problem. I much prefer the full body scanners, because they can see the metal in my arm, and I don't get patted down. There is one airport (a small one) where they search my bag every time I pack my breastforms, but that's life.

RADER
12-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Me and the Wife will drive or take the Train. No Strip searches there.
Rader

RedBaron
12-12-2012, 05:25 AM
I have been through airport security in skirts many times. Most of the time there was no problem at all. I have a hip implant, so I always beep, which means they have to do the pat down every time I go through security. One time it was quite hilarious, because the screener didn't know how to handle me in a skirt. He asked his supervisor, who told him how to deal with a skirt (one leg forward, then the other one). Another time, they asked me whether I wanted to be screened by a male or a female. Another interesting time was in Paris. The security people there went into a huddle to discuss me before they dealt with me. But I never experienced anything negative, it was always very professional and without prejudice, even during the times they were uncertain how to handle me.

LadyPilot
12-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I wondered if they see my underwire bra in the body scan but I got through with out any issues. Strangely I keep wanting to change my jeans to the denim mini that is in my carry on during the flight. I could not have changed to fully dressed faster when I arrived at the hotel.
Yes the full body scanners can see the outline of a bra or at least the metal in it. Be prepared for further investigation if TSA see fit. Some of the TSA do their job well and some just have a job. Sad that we have to go through such motions just to travel.

Allison Chaynes
12-15-2012, 12:00 AM
I want that T shirt that says "I got to second base with a TSA Agent"

christinac
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Only place that I've ever been straight out hassled around has been at the Court House in Spartanburg SC.

Kaz
12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I've had a few interesting 'pat-downs' in Europe, but I haven't been to the States for many years, and not since 9/11. There is one particular scan I trigger every time... at Schipol... hey ho! xx