PDA

View Full Version : Do you get any.

Joanne f
12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I have just read mistunderdstood's thread about coming to "join us " and it got me thinking (which is quite a feat in is self) :D, on the MtF and love ones forums we quite often read about the MtF's wife/so and sometimes mother seeking advice, help and support in coping with the Cd/TG yet I rarely see this happening with the FtM's so is it that you just do not get that type of support seeking and that you are basically left to cope with it on your own or do I just not see it but it is within your forum ,
I would like to think that you do get it but I have always had this idea that it may be harder for a husband/so or family to accept a FtM more than a MtF and infarct this may also apply to society in general as I also get the feeling that MtF's may get grief from other males more than female's Yet FtM's will get grief from both sides .
In this instance I am hopping that you are going to tell me that I am wrong in thinking this and that most do get help and support when needed.

mistunderstood
12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
We encounter about the same hurdles as MtF's. I think the only difference is there is more info about MtF's the FtM's. When I first started to research about my dressing I thought ok I am butch but it just did not fit me. So I knew about MtF's and I started to read and that seem to fit me better but it was not till I was on-line for 6 months when I found out what I really am.
As for support my SO Mom and Dad let me call them Mom and Dad. They try to call me Aaron and they are pretty cool. I do not have a lot of family but what I do have they kind of understand.
We do have family asking questions and we try to answer as honestly as we can. We do not want to scare them off. Some times they are not ready for the answers.
Hope my answers helped.

Tracii G
12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I have a few FtM friends we talk frequently and their situation is pretty much the same as mine being a MtF.
We help each other all we can with pressing issues.

ReineD
12-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I knew a young transman who got a mastectomy and took hormones. His parents disowned him. His SO was OK with it through, who was a female bodied genderqueer. They eventually broke up, but last I heard he had graduated and found a job somewhere so I imagine he is happy and well. He was attracted to female-bodied individuals.

I have no idea how it would have gone, had he been attracted to male-bodied individuals and had he been in a relationship with a GM who had met him and begun the relationship when my friend was presenting as a female. Likely, my friend would have told the GM right away, before things got too serious.

Ryan A.
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
I have just read mistunderdstood's thread about coming to "join us " and it got me thinking (which is quite a feat in is self) :D, on the MtF and love ones forums we quite often read about the MtF's wife/so and sometimes mother seeking advice, help and support in coping with the Cd/TG yet I rarely see this happening with the FtM's so is it that you just do not get that type of support seeking and that you are basically left to cope with it on your own or do I just not see it but it is within your forum ,
I would like to think that you do get it but I have always had this idea that it may be harder for a husband/so or family to accept a FtM more than a MtF and infarct this may also apply to society in general as I also get the feeling that MtF's may get grief from other males more than female's Yet FtM's will get grief from both sides .
In this instance I am hopping that you are going to tell me that I am wrong in thinking this and that most do get help and support when needed.

Sometimes I thought like that! But I think it's not cool to think like that! Maybe because what mistunderstood said, it's just that MTF have more information about in the internet! I felt really alone until I found out crossdressers.com! This is the only place I found that have a place to FTM! And it's really small if you compare to the MTF!

Maybe FTM feel more ashamed to accept this or to understand because of the lack of info/help in the internet! I live in Brazil and I'm thinking to create someday a place about FTM in portuguese, but I don't know when, I have a loooot of plans in my life right now...