PDA

View Full Version : Two days in drab

I Am Paula
12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I got a call this morning from the Catholic School Board. They've asked me to work for two days on some technical problems. They are about the only people who have not seen me since I went full time. Working among 3000 teenagers, who all know me, I've gotta do it drab. (and the money's really good). I'm looking forward to the work, but haven't been in drab since October.
The nail polish is off, I've found my guy jeans, some women's Sketchers sneakers, and a couple of T-shirts. I'll put all my purse stuff into my laptop bag. I'm going to be crawling around under a stage, or in the catwalks anyway.
Well, I'm off to the shower, then see how plain I can look. Blah.-Celeste

LaraPeterson
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Ah, sweet Celeste, what a problem to have. I am so envious. Not to worry though, all your cute stuff will be waiting for you when the job is finished. And when you think about it, a girl needs a break from all that makeup and stuff sometimes, too. Be careful under that stage.

Beverley Sims
12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes working in schools like this, means playing it straight down the middle.
I assume you are a theater tech. Yep good money can be earned there.

sissystephanie
12-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Lucky for you it is only 2 days in drab. I am flying to Seattle on Monday and will spend all next week there visiting my son and his girlfriend. So I get a whole week in drab! Of course I am not a fulltime dresser like you, but I do dress enfemme usually at least part of every day. I may underdress while in Seattle, so I can be partly enfemme!!

Kate Simmons
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Sometimes we need some drab time just to gain some perspective.:)

gennee
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Drab reminds us of what we can look forward to and what we actually have.

:)

Jana
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
That sucks, Celeste. Hopefully, it'll go by fast!! Good luck.