PDA

View Full Version : Forgot I was wearing lip gloss...oops :)

erika_kerrie
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
So I bought a very cute new lip gloss from bath and body works, anyways it is a glittery mocha colour, very cute. When I got home, i didn't have enough time to get all dolled up so I grabbed my wig and my hoop clip on earrings and put on some of my lip gloss. I liked the gloss very much, it was very shinny which is super cute. Anyways I decided that I should hit my treadmill for a bit, so I took off my earrings and my wig but decided to leave the gloss on. Anyways I was downstairs, and I just started up the treadmill, when the doorbell rang. So without thinking I answered the door and it was the mailman and he had a package for me (no pun intended) Anyways he never said anything but once I signed for it, and close the door, I passed a mirror and sure enough, I noticed my mocha shiny lips :) Oh well, at least I gave the mailman a story to tell. Plus the package was a new skirt I ordered online :)

Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers,

Erika

Kate Simmons
12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
As Homer Simpson said when he did that: "D'oh!" :)

LadyPilot
12-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Not lip gloss but with mascara! I for got all about it as it was applied very lightly; however, it was applied in lower light setting. Needless to say when I sttod in the brighter light my daughter noticed it.

LaraPeterson
12-12-2012, 06:07 PM
OK, Erika, that is so funny. I had a similar thing happen years ago when I showed up at the door for a package barefoot with bright red nail polish on. What are you going to do if that guy shows up at your door a second time without a package and flowers in his hand?

Joanie_Shakti
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
My best GG friend, who doesn't know about Joanie, is a masseuse by trade and sometimes I partake in her services. I had discovered that Bare Minerals bronzer could be worn as eye shadow on my lids and not be too noticeable. I was getting a massage one day and had forgotten about the bronzer on my eyelids. after she finished, she washed the lotion off with a hot wet towel. When she got to my face, she deliberately wiped both eyelids, which she doesn't usually do. She didn't say anything, but I was thinking, "OOPS!" :o

AllieSF
12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
It wasn't going to the door. It was going to my local Starbuck's where I go everyday and know just about all the regulars who frequent the place. In I go wallet in hand and just as I open it up looking for my free drink card, I see far below my brightly colored toe nails. Well, I pretended like I left my card at home and left quickly to go home and put on some shoes. Hopefully, no one I knew saw my pretty feet. At least no one has said anything so far and I hope it continues that way.

suchacutie
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I was on a trip and had put some lip color on that was identical to my own color...thought that was brilliant...until I picked up a coffee at Starbucks and after the first sip realized I had left a very nice pink imprint on the white top! So much for not thinking!!!

christinac
12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I showed up at the door for a package barefoot with bright red nail polish on.

I did the exact same thing, but it was a couple of Mormon missionaries at the door. Strange thing about was that the Mormons never bothered me again after that.

Christie ann
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
...or the earrings when doing errands

moniqueCD21
12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Haha oops! :P lol

Its somewhat happened to me but I would forget to wipe off some foundation or blush. No one noticed. The only reason I noticed was when I felt the spot on my face haha.

christinac
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
...or the earrings when doing errands

Think that would depend on what type of earrings. Guys with earrings is getting so common that I don't even notice it unless the earrings are something totally outrageous. Same goes for shaved legs. So many guys today shave theirs that it isn't even a noticeable thing anymore.

MssHyde
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
I stopped into a gas station and walked in with eye makeup on, I forgot my girl friend made my face up (this was in the 70's)
several people I knew were there. we had talked a few minutes when I remembered, nobody said a word, but I also had earrings and long hair.

AllyCDTV
12-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I leave the case that my false eye lashes come in in a prominent place while I have them on. That way I don't forget that I have them on which has almost happened a few times.