PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye forever...

Bree Wagner
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
... is what I hope to be saying to my glasses tomorrow. LASIK is scheduled for first thing in the morning and it comes with a free week off work! :D

I don't know if I'd have had the chance anyways, but it was a big bummer to read the post-op instructions that said no eye make-up for two weeks. :sad:

Now hopefully I'll be able to avoid missing those critical signs across the street (it made me walk an extra mile or so in London when I missed the street sign) and see the faces of people a bit more clearly as I explore the world. It should be fun.

Wish me 20/15 vision!

-Bree

Leah Lynn
12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Good luck, and may you get 20/15!

Adrienna
12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Good luck to you my girl....hope all goes very well and your sight will be better then ever!!!! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
12-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Here's wishing you a happy 20/15 Bree.

Docs say I cannot improve my eyesight with any treatment, and my left cannot even be corrected with the glasses.

Barbara

Sandra1746
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
You sure can pick the attention grabbing titles though.

Best wishes for a speedy and excellent recovery.
Hugs and love,
Sandra1746

Julie Denier
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
All the best for a quick recovery!

Danielle_cder
12-12-2012, 10:47 PM
merry christmas glad its coming a bit early for you

LisaHeartfilia
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Good luck Bree! I bet it'll be nice to say goodbye to those glasses once and for all hmm? :)

~Krasus

AmyGaleRT
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Oh, good luck, Bree! You're a braver woman than I am; I'm squeamish and don't want lasers and sharp scalpels near my eyes! (Besides, I'm around a -10, a little outside the acceptable range for LASIK. Oh well, I can deal with contacts. :) )

- Amy

RenneB
12-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Ah that's on my to do list..... C U on the other side.... of the glasses

Renne.....

AllieSF
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Good luck and do enjoy your new freedom to live without glasses. I would do it, but correcting my nearsightedness would exacerbate my far sightedness. My daughter had it done and is more than satisfied with the results.

~Joanne~
12-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Good luck bree :) all my best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

anastasiafantasia
12-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Sounds exciting.Wishing you a quick recovery.

Eryn
12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
it was a big bummer to read the post-op instructions that said no eye make-up for two weeks. :sad:

And you will follow those instructions to the letter, please!

One of the possible consequences of not doing so is an infection that results in loss of an entire eye. The laser eye people don't talk about that possibility anywhere but in the fine print, but it happened to a friend of mine.

Enjoy your new vision, carefully!

linda allen
12-13-2012, 08:11 AM
If surgery would help my eyesight, I would do it in a minute. It won't, my eyes are just old (like the rest of me). I guess the least I should do is buy a pair of girly looking bifocals.

Beverley Sims
12-13-2012, 11:58 AM
What a great date, 20/15.
All the best and please keep us posted. :)

mikiSJ
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Bree, scary thread title. Don't do that again as I like reading your threads and wouldn't want you to leave the forum.

I admire anyone willing to let someone near their eyes with lasers, scalpels.... My wife gave me a blepharoplasty procedure a couple of years ago and I almost needed general anesthesia for the dermatologist to doing anything around the eyes.

Good luck with the procedure.

audreyinalbany
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Lasik is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. I only wish I could have had it when I was younger, before I needed reading glass

Bree Wagner
12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone!

So far, so good after the surgery. :D

30 minutes after the procedure I was a puffy-eyed monster with a pounding head. After about 8 hours of intermittent sleep I'm was almost back to being just a monster. Thanks for the sleep Valium!

Now, I can even look at the computer screen and write this for a few minutes. I think my eyes have a bit more settling in to do but it sure appears that I'm better off than before. I'll have to wait just a bit to see just how much improvement I got.

Only issue I had is that I was the Guinea Pig for the day. I was first in line of 30 people and they got me into the chair, clamped open an eye, put on the suction and the laser went "pheeeeewwwww......". Oops, bit of a technical hiccup and back tot he waiting room for 20 minutes while the laser recycled. Bah! Lucky for everyone else I got that out of the way for them.

Bree, scary thread title. Don't do that again as I like reading your threads and wouldn't want you to leave the forum.

Sorry, but I do have a flair for the dramatic. :devil:

And you will follow those instructions to the letter, please!

No worries. I have no reason to push it. Two weeks is nothing compared to long term health.

Eryn
12-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Lasik is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. I only wish I could have had it when I was younger, before I needed reading glass

Laser surgery doesn't change the eventual need for some sort of correction. We all are going to need either reading glasses or bifocals as our natural lenses become less flexible.

Bree Wagner
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Had my first checkup this morning and I'm already better than 20/20! Hopefully it'll be even better with a few more days for the eyes to settle down.

If it's right for you it sure it can be worth doing!

-Bree

NathalieX66
12-14-2012, 03:13 PM
"...Oh, I see, said the blind man.....as he picked up his hammer and saw". :bonk:

Bree, welcome back! I'm glad you are recovering nicely.

suchacutie
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
wow!!! fantastic!!! and here I am pondering the idea of contacts!

I hope everything continues swimmingly..

Jessica Who
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Good luck! I considered LASIK before, but I'm happy with my contacts / glasses combo :)

anastasiafantasia
12-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Congrats and glad it went well.Just concentrate on recovering and enjoy better eyesight.

Jorja
12-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Had my first checkup this morning and I'm already better than 20/20! Hopefully it'll be even better with a few more days for the eyes to settle down.

-Bree

Let us know when you have achieved xray status! :)

Glad it all is working in your favor.

"Mary"
12-15-2012, 12:17 AM
First and foremost, I'm so glad this went well for you and you are getting good results.

as an aside, I had mine done a long time ago and the surgeon did Not correct me to 20/20, stating that less correction would serve me well as i got older and would forestall the eventual need for reading glasses. It has worked out. I wear a mild Rx for driving and still don't need readers, well past 40 + .

Again, very happy for your great outcome.