PDA

View Full Version : Giving up crossdressing

Lynchy
12-14-2012, 12:21 PM
It's has come to a end after coming out and telling my wife she was ok at first then things went wrong spoke to a shrink over the last few weeks and now I know this is not for me burnt all my clothes and started to rebuild my life all over again its great to be me again
D

Marleena
12-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow you're lucky to be able to do that. Congrats!

Can we Lynch you now?:D

J/K

GabbiSophia
12-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Great for you!! Either way it went as long as there was closure either way. To sit in the mire not knowing is terrible. Good luck on your journey.

Steph

2B Natasha
12-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Right. So. You went to " shrink ". Decided to burn all your clothes. THEN. Join a crossdressing chat forum. Sorry. Doesn't add up.

Welcome to this place. Fire the shrink. Put on your big girl panties. ( start a thread about it ) and relax. We'll be seeing you soon.

Cheers.

Angela Campbell
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I would look for another counselor. But that is just me.

kimdl93
12-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Best of luck. It's your life to live as you choose.

Beverley Sims
12-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Reading your introduction and then this post I am curious as to why everything went down hill so quickly.

becky77
12-14-2012, 12:56 PM
The purge who hasn't!
Erm slightly confused though, if your back to being you (you being all male) then why are you on here still?

Kate Simmons
12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm curious as to why you felt the need to come to a CD Forum to express this when obviously most here won't agree.:)

Lynchy
12-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I have just come back on here to let every one know wot had happened and to say good bye as for my shrink he has been the only one I could realy talk to about this as for my wife she tried her best to understand but it became to much for her to get her head around all this lets just say I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again

Karren H
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
So we're not men? don't tell my wife! You shouldn't have come back here if you really wanted to quit..... imho

"I'm giving up drinking but i'm stopping by the bar to tell them first" lol

Joanie_Shakti
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
I wish you luck.

Myself, from reading and soul searching I'm learning that crossdressing is something inherent in the personality and one never really can quit. From the books I've read recently, opressing the urge to dress can lead to psychological problems.

Truthfully, a big part of me wishes that I wasn't a crossdresser but I've come to grips that it's just a part of me. Having a spouse that you have to keep happy complicates things, so I expect to be single all my life.

Again, I wish you the best.

Cheryl T
12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Good luck to you.
Without benefit of a shrink I purged more times than I can remember and the only regret about it is that I let go of so many nice things (that I probably couldn't fit in any more).

I'm curious as others are...if you told your wife, she changed her mind, THEN you saw a shrink...WHY TELL US ABOUT ALL THIS IF YOU'RE QUITTING FOR GOOD??
If you really are sworn off it then coming here is like quitting smoking THEN buying a pack of cigarettes and telling the clerk you've quit for life.....just doesn't add up.

But good luck....we'll be here if you find it's not that easy.

Jana
12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Brace yourself. The urge WILL come back. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. It's like holding your breath. Some can go longer, some can't, but in the end, nobody can hold it forever. Good luck trying, though.

angpai30
12-14-2012, 01:49 PM
I agree... It's like grocery shopping. You need to eat SOME TIME. If you are bent on quitting for good then why are you here? It seems that you are trying to find a reason to continue dressing instead of quitting fully. Your shrink may have been the only person you could talk to about dressing, but why all the sudden burning your clothes? How are you going to fill a hole in your chest so quickly without turning back? Close door, open another. Its not easy following a path that you really aren't familiar with. We'll see you when you come back and ask why you weren't successful at being a MAN!! Bye hun... I hope all goes well for you.

Angela

linda allen
12-14-2012, 01:53 PM
If you really want to stop, you can stop. If you change your mind in the future, you can start again.

I am curious though why you would join a crossdressing forum to announce your quitting. And why you would burn your female clothes instead of donating them to a charity.

Best wishes.

Angela Campbell
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I have just come back on here to let every one know wot had happened and to say good bye as for my shrink he has been the only one I could realy talk to about this as for my wife she tried her best to understand but it became to much for her to get her head around all this lets just say I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again

Well good luck to you. I am glad you are a man now.

jules
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
*I am happy with my self now its great to be a MAN again

Really ? What the hell do you think we are ? I'm on my way home covered in steel dust. My arms are bleeding from cuts.
And I'm a crossdresser and i am a man I am very happy with both of me.
I love the way you put !! Man!! In capital letters. I am so happy you fingered out who you are.
Every morning when get up do you look in the mirror and say ( I AM A MAN) .

Jules
Sorry if I'm being facetious but I really don't like comments like that.

~Joanne~
12-14-2012, 03:06 PM

You have to say "Hi" before you say "goodbye".

So we're not men? don't tell my wife! You shouldn't have come back here if you really wanted to quit..... imho

"I'm giving up drinking but i'm stopping by the bar to tell them first" lol

Awesome response ;) I guess if you said you were quitting at least you were here for awhile before doing so, this person just joined to say he quits? lol

and for the record, last time I checked, I am still a man lol I just have a better side sometimes ;)

I have a better word than M-A-N......T-R-O-L-L

suzy1
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I know what I think of counsellors.:eek: Looks like I could be right!:heehee:

But good luck and all the best Lynchy.

AllyCDTV
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM
For some of us, the urge may always be there but we don't have to respond with the behavior. It is not a matter of repressing the urge, it is a matter of deciding that, "Today, I will not crossdress." Sounds simple but it is a challenge and requires constant vigilance. I'm not convinced there will always be psychological issues associated with not giving in to the urge. People starting off dieting have an urge to overeat but they seem to overcome it without significant long-term psychological issues.

I don't see purging as being a necessity since it is so easy, albeit expensive, to replace a wardrobe. Perhaps a better alternative would be to store it away in a place that requires thought and effort to get to. What I do agree with is that as long as you are committed to not crossdress, you should not visit this site.

Good bye and good luck.

SherriePall
12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Best of luck to you. We'll be here next week, next month, or next year when you come back after not being able to stay away from femme clothing. BTW, I do play a man every day going to work and most of the time after work. It's not easy doing it, but that's the way it is.

suchacutie
12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi....and bye! I see that you joined a month ago, so that's a pretty fast change of situation.

It's interesting that for most of us, being "me" was finally finding out that there was a feminine side that needed to be addressed. But, we are all different and I hope that you have found what you need.

Enjoy your life!

Lorileah
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
:yawn::troll: Ain't buying it. The only thing missing here is the advertizement to "cure" us. Sorry, :BS:

Good thing is it is self limiting as a troll because they are "Giving (it) up" and they burned their stuff.

Thanks for playing, don't forget to pick up your Rice-a-roni as a parting gift.

Karren H
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Awesome response ;) I guess if you said you were quitting at least you were here for awhile before doing so, this person just joined to say he quits? lol

If I were going to quite I'd stop by the exotic lingerie store and let them know!

AngieStone
12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Karren if you are going that way could you pick me a new whip and leather bra with wholes cut out for the nipples......lol

suzy1
12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
:yawn::troll: Ain't buying it. The only thing missing here is the advertizement to "cure" us. Sorry, :BS:

Good thing is it is self limiting as a troll because they are "Giving (it) up" and they burned their stuff.

Thanks for playing, don't forget to pick up your Rice-a-roni as a parting gift.

Blast! I usually spot trolls.:eek:

Thanks Lorileah.:)

Barbara Ella
12-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Re read your intro, and it does not fit. Sorry

Barbara

Heather Daniels
12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Your post announcing that you are a man and are leaving was made at 12:21pm. Next one was posted at 1:05pm. Checking your profile I noticed that your last activity here was at 4:35pm. If you arent a troll, would you mind explaining why you were here 3 1/2 hours after your last post???????????

Emme
12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
"Hi after a lot if years hiding away one failed marriage after 20 years met a new lady who I have been with for 6 years having a bit of fun my wife dared me to try on here clothes and all the feelings..."

Hey: We are not trying to be mean.......just let us know when the urge comes back....then you will be a real MAN!

Laura912
12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Me thinks the wind doth bloweth strongly from Denmark and something is rotten therein...to sort of paraphrase ole Bill Shakespeare.

NyssaF
12-14-2012, 06:16 PM
now I know this is not for me burnt all my clothes and started to rebuild my life all over again its great to be me again

Wow, did you really burn the clothes? What'd you burn them in? Fireplace? Wood-burning stove? Incinerator? Didn't that make a ton of yucky smoke? It couldn't have led to a very healthy environment...

velece
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
It's like trying to take one part of yourself out and throw it away. You can't. It has taken me most of my lifetime to understand the female me. I was at first confused and at one point did the purge routine, but as you know, that trick never works. I am who I am, and truth be told, I like my feminine persona better. Given my druthers I would be Velece all the time. But I have male duties, etc., so that's my usual mode. I muse sometimes that if I had known THEN what I know NOW I might have decided to go the TG route. If........
Your reflective Sister,
Velece

Davena Doll
12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Isnt giving your clothes to goodwill better than burning them. With the fire hasard and all.

pernille d
12-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Interesting . I have purged a few times in my life and the last one was a mega purge as no more pernille , yeah I have to say it and I am sure it's been said before 10 million times" once a crossdresser always a crossdresser". My last purge was not hard but if you fight hard to keep it way it does two things . One it makes the craving stronger and 2nd for me I just felt I lost a part of me.; so 4 months and I was buying clothing again

Angela Campbell
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
I think we all know that if you have been dressing for many years (i think your first post mentioned 20 + years) You likely know that this is not going to go away. If your counsellor told you to be ashamed of this and talked you into just stopping so you will feel like a man again then you are seeing a quack. I don't know if this is the case or not, or whether your SO is pressuring this, or if this is just an attempt to come on here and insult us. Problem is if this is real, Now your new lady friend is going to think this is all over until you start again and get caught hiding it and then everything will blow up. And you will start doing it again if you have been doing it for years. It doesn't just go away because you want to feel like a MAN, or because a "shrink" told you this is not good, nor because a spouse is having a bad reaction.

max
12-14-2012, 07:19 PM
It's has come to a end after coming out and telling my wife she was ok at first then things went wrong spoke to a shrink over the last few weeks and now I know this is not for me burnt all my clothes and started to rebuild my life all over again its great to be me again
D

Nm not gonna feed the troll

KimberlyAU
12-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Well if you can pull that off, you will be very special. I too have in the past burned all of my clothes (and $700 worth of wigs) as a gesture too my wife, promising, this time it will be different- it never was different. I tried my best, denied myself, but the true me came back again.

Ressie
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
It would have been nice to donate your clothes to some of us less fortunate transvestites rather than burn them. But who knows, any one of us could end up purging sometime. It's too bad we have to be afraid of wives, neighbors, relatives etc.

LaraPeterson
12-14-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm new to this forum thing so I had to look up "troll." If this guy is one, I have a good androgynous picture for him to take with him so that when the urge comes back, and it certainly will if he was ever a CD in the first place, he can remember that gender confusion is just part of the story for a lot of us.

Angela Campbell
12-14-2012, 08:52 PM
I loved those when I was a kid!

sissystephanie
12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I did quit completely for a 5 year period many years ago. But my dear wife, who is now my late wife, talked me into crossdressing again becasue she missed Stephanie!! Once a crossdresser, I guess always a crossdresser!

STACY B
12-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Yea me too ,,I'm going to go the Distance an see where that takes me ,,, You can stop if ya want ,,I like it when someone stops ,,More shoe selection for me in my town ,,,

jillleanne
12-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I shrunk an angora sweater once, once. We'll still be around with open arms when you come back. See you soon.

Sophia Frances
12-15-2012, 12:34 AM
It is the San Francisco treat

k lynn
12-15-2012, 06:03 AM
I have said it before I tried to quit several times to be good husband but in the end it didnot work nearly drove both of us crazy now I am just me.

Victoria P
12-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi Hon, I sincerely wish you the vey Best of Luck in your journey whatever you decide is in your best interests,

Blessings Victoria P xoxox

Celeste
12-15-2012, 07:27 AM
I can see the journey is a long one for you.We need to learn to be at one with ourselves to accept this,it doesn't happen over night or even after many years for some. I've found part of that journey is learning how not to overreact when the desires are subsiding,and they do come and go...it's really ok though and alright for our feelings to fluctuate.You can't allow this to be something you are ashamed of in your mind....you don't have to go there,and that is what your counselor should have conveyed to you.

linda allen
12-15-2012, 09:50 AM
................... I am sure it's been said before 10 million times" once a crossdresser always a crossdresser". ........

You are just enabling crossdressers. If you want to stop crossdressing you can stop crossdressing. It's a matter of willpower. It may not be easy, but you can do it.

If you don't really want to stop, you won't be able to.

linda allen
12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Well if you can pull that off, you will be very special. I too have in the past burned all of my clothes (and $700 worth of wigs) as a gesture too my wife, promising, this time it will be different- it never was different. I tried my best, denied myself, but the true me came back again.
Just like I asked the OP - Why did you burn this stuff instead of donating it to charity? It would have been far simpler and would have done some good for someone.

Kassandra56
12-15-2012, 10:26 AM
As another MAN once said..."I'll be back!"

Josie
12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
All I want for Christmas is the clothes back I`ve purged over the years.

ninapuella
12-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, crossdressing is not making the life easy thats for sure. But what in life is easy? :doh:

I think the only way to quit is to replace the crossdressing with something else. And what could that be? :straightface:

Samantha_Smile
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Im glad not everybody's BS detectors are failing.

I swear, I don't have a clue why people post crap like this. It really annoys me.
Aside from the bad grammar and punctuation, they expect to post a line and a half and get taken seriously?

People tell me Im a complete bitch when I say things like
"Pics or it never happened"
But the truth is with zero profile info, no avatar, multiple posts in very little time and the bear thread of a back story...
How the hell does anyone take these people seriously?

I feel a rant coming on.

AllyCDTV
12-16-2012, 01:20 AM
It really annoys me. . . I feel a rant coming on.That's exactly why trolls do what trolls do, to get a rise out of you.

Eryn
12-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Considering that this is a borderline "leaving thread" and has inspired speculation about the bona fides of the OP I'm going to close it.