PDA

View Full Version : Convincing

Lucy Long Legs
12-15-2012, 04:59 AM
I am lucky enough to be a convincing dresser (although not as gorgeous as some here). I love to see other convincing mtf girls but when I see someone who looks like a man in a frock I am terrified that I look like that too.
My SO and other friends assure me that this is not the case but I feel put off and don't like to dress for a while.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Cynthia Anne
12-15-2012, 05:33 AM
I've never been put off because someone else was not convencing! Have been put off many times when I didn't look convincing!

suzy1
12-15-2012, 05:41 AM
I think to reply to your thread you need to post some pictures Lucy.
What your SO and friends tell you might not be 100% the truth.

For many of us it’s not about passing but just being C.D. That ‘man in a frock’ is one of us and is just as important as the good looking members.

So if you really want to know if you are convincing post some realistic pictures of you and ask for honest opinions. [This takes guts in my opinion]

There are one or two members here that will tell you the truth in a kind way.

noeleena
12-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi,

Convincing, passing ,blending in. dressing in such a way one would be seen as a woman.

Not a show for this female / woman, none of those words discribe or do anything for me,

Now this man in a frock detail, one im not a man so does not apply, yet in some ways it does, how am i seen, body wise a woman my facial features, yes well not as a female or woman. sorry to dispell your terrified that one may look like that.

Well now you know what i go through or to put it another way im embarrised around others who can look far more feminine that i ever will. yes most are males & look a darn sight better than i, & maybe do a darn good job of all of it,

The difference is im a female / woman. not a trans just a bit different thats all.

As i was growing up i had to go through things that would help me become a strong woman, life really, so no i dont look like a woman, not even a plain one at that, yes i have my moments, , still have to open the door & go out, cant hide .well i could & then have no life,

There are other details / things about my self that counter my looks, im a member of women only groups, & world wide, a member of quite a few groups with in our membership some 1000 people 800 would be women. i make my clothes for dressing in two period groups, so im well known & very well accepted, my peers are just great, my friends are really neat, & Jos is on my side, so yes i lack some what & make up for that in many other ways,

There is some thing i would say had i had those feminine looks i may not have done as well as i have to be where i am now so sometimes to be a stuner or a good looking woman i may never have had so many doors open for me , so i look at it in a different light in regard to how you may or most would, im different & because of that , i have a lot more in my life than had i had ...those ...looks, .

Iv been over seas & dressed in my period wear, so i can do things others wont, well no one i know from here, down our streets & many places, so dressing different & being different works well for me .

Oh & by the way that avatar is of myself & how i dress in normal day wear, & Jos took the pic, most days my head wear is similer to a turbin, that scarve you see is what i wear twirled around my head, looks neat too.

...noeleena...

Lorileah
12-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Every dang day. I have this thing stuck in my head where I can't tell true compliments from the "Aren't you special"

Beverley Sims
12-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Get some professional opinions, do not rely on amateurs.
Post photos, all the professionals are here.
Some of us tell the truth unfortunately. :)
At least you will have a better idea of how you look.

docrobbysherry
12-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe similar experiences, Lucy? Except I could care less what others see when I dress.

But, I care A LOT how I think I look. If I see a, "man in a dress", in my mirror, I'm VERY UPSET!

LelaK
12-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I think the only one I want to convince is myself. I don't know that I'll ever go public, but I'd like to do so with CD friends, after I meet some, who knows when. I'm taking my time. I have ideas how to look nice, dealing with what I have, a good body, but masculine face. I would have to shave off my whiskers. Thinking of wearing sunglasses and a light face cream or something and a big feminine stocking cap, like "Groovy Dancing Girl" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2JneittqQ).

Marleena
12-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I think we all want to be convincing. If your wife will go out with you dressed you must be doing well.

Sometimes I think I look okay enfemme, other days I think I look like a guy in a dress. Ah well...

Slipstream
12-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I have found that when I look in the mirror, I find myself somewhat convincing, but when I look at my full body pictures or videos, I almost never think I could pass. Just a thought that might help.

Kaz
12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I think we all want to be convincing. If your wife will go out with you dressed you must be doing well.

Sometimes I think I look okay enfemme, other days I think I look like a guy in a dress. Ah well...

That's how it works for me. I have some reasonably OK pics that convince me I might pass/blend... I have been out without issues, and those times fill me with confidence.

But then are the bad pics, the days when you know you've been 'clocked' whilst out - and those dreadful days when no matter how hard you try the mirror is saying NO!

It is a rollercoaster I find... some days you win... BUT!

Marleena
12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
That's how it works for me. I have some reasonably OK pics that convince me I might pass/blend... I have been out without issues, and those times fill me with confidence.

But then are the bad pics, the days when you know you've been 'clocked' whilst out - and those dreadful days when no matter how hard you try the mirror is saying NO!

It is a rollercoaster I find... some days you win... BUT!

If you are ever in doubt find a group of teenage girls to walk past. You'll have your answer in a hurry!:D

Kaz
12-15-2012, 02:18 PM
If you are ever in doubt find a group of teenage girls to walk past. You'll have your answer in a hurry!:D

Hee hee! :heehee: :hugs:

It's bad enough going by a group of female teenagers as my dude self! :devil:

kimdl93
12-15-2012, 03:01 PM
I am afraid that i may be one of those who terrifies you. Certainly I try to look the best I can, but nature endowed me with some attributes that are difficult to hide. I just accept it and act like I belong there. Don't let people like me discourage you...instead be that much more confident in your appearance. If someone like me can do it, you have it made!

Kate Simmons
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Honestly, as long as I'm convinced, that's all that really matters Hon. ;):)

JanM38
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Without a lot of professional help, i don't think I'll ever be convincing, but I care less and less...as I posted earlier today, I went out last week, got made almost immediately, and just didn't care. The first girl was nice and supportive. In the next shop, there were two starers, one pleasant and helpful shop girl and one woman who just raised an eyebrow and went about her business. I figure it is up to others to deal with how they feel about me. Now, lest you think I am brave than I really am, i only do this while travelling, never at home!

Leah Lynn
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I can work on my face in the mirror and think it's all good; then sit in front of the webcam and wonder who that hideous imposter is. My digital camera does the same thing. But, I'm not on my way to the Miss America Pageant, so I go out anyway. Seriously, go to the mall or Walmart, and LOOK at people. There aren't very many 10's running around out there. Notice how many people aren't star quality. But they are everyday people, living everyday lives, and going about the business of living. And everyday people is what I am.

LaraPeterson
12-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Most of the CDs/TS's, etc. I've seen pictures of tend to give themselves away with their makeup; i.e., too much of a good thing. It's almost as if they are painting on a false face. Maybe that's their intent, but overdoing it is a sure give away. I have a beautiful younger sister who some say is my twin even though she is 8 years my junior. I have lots of photos of her so I try to mimic her makeup. Most of the time I get pretty close, but sometimes, especially when trying something new, I usually over do it or just do it wrong.

Anytime I'm around someone who I think might see right through me and they pay me a compliment, I go looking for a mirror to see what the heck is wrong.

RenneB
12-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Girl, have you been to wallyworld? Half of the GGs and GMs don't 'pass' as stereotypical examples of their gender and they're not even trying to CD... I know I don't look like a perfect GG, heck only 1 out of 10 are gifted with the perfect ratios anyways.... I dress to a point where I feel comfortable and do my best to blend in ..... okay, I'm not giving up my heels and then I head on out....

Renne.....

famousunknown
12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
I am lucky enough to be a convincing dresser (although not as gorgeous as some here).

Where are the pics?

mikiSJ
12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Lucy

When you see a "guy in a frock" and become disgusted and bummed, did you ever consider that when the "guy in a frock" sees you maybe he/she wishes he/she could look like you and gets bummed and stops dressing for awhile?

Sophie_C
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Lucy,

Look, this will come up over and over again, this whole concept of "passing." The reality of everything is that without severe effort, and FULL transition (including laser, HRT for years and likely FFS), you're never going to really "fool" most people. There are too many nuances, subtle differences in the angle of your jaw, your forehead, bodyfat distribution, the list goes on and on. The healthiest way to approach this thing (IMO) is to just "own" "being a tranny" and be done with it. You don't have to go announcing it to the world but accept it as what you are, and don't feel bad, wrong, or ashamed about it. Just look at my prior posts, I have went further with this, including examples and videos on it.

Chickhe
12-16-2012, 02:34 AM
I look decent from far away and okay straight on... from the side, or if I'm tired or in bad lighting I look like a male or ugly woman... Some days I can see myself in the mirror and I think wow, great job, then I can take my own picture and look at the results and think...it was wishful thinking. At some point I reached a level of acceptance and it doesn't bother me if I'm convincing or not, I try my best, but I also accept that there is only so much I can do given its a part time activity.

JanM38
12-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Well put, Sophie! Own it!

suzy1
12-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Well put, Sophie! Own it!

I was just about to say that. You got there first Jan, blast!:eek:

:)

ChelseaErtel
12-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Oh my god YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even look at the photos here anymore as I get the same feeling. I've been told the same thing and even been out as Chelsea with my HR manager on a weekend shopping date and she said I looked natural. That helps since it's up close and not a photo. But who knows really and does it matter. I'm TS and want to pass yes, but it no longer bothers me thinking I may not.

I was in a sub shop and one of the cooks kept singing "Long Haired Wierdos" bla, bla, bla. I was not sure it was directed at me, but it cold have been. Funny thing is I didn't care. I looked at him eventually and he took my money and was very nice. Was I made? Don't know and don't care.

DAVIDA
12-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I don't know how to cover up my avatar so that you don't have to see a "man in a dress".:brolleyes:
I have been out several times and I really don't give a sh!t what others think. Including you.
I have gone out for myself and I just happen to look the way I look.
If you have problems with the way others look, you need to look into yourself.:straightface: