PDA

View Full Version : The longggg transformation

Curled57
12-15-2012, 09:58 AM
We are having a winter storm so planning a full day transformation. Will start with a nice hot shower amd shampoo followed by a nice wet set. Will spend a few hours with my hair in rollers do chores in guy mode while my hair dries. Have some shelves to hang and other things that need to be done that are best in my male clothes, although the look and feel of a head full of curlers in guy mode is still enjoyed. Later today I will begin the rest of the transfprmation. clothes and makeup. Then is rollers out, which is always the tough part as being in rollers and dressed is such a thrill, and giving myself a nice 1960's hairdo. I does not get much better than this.

MssHyde
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
sounds fun, I have slept in curlers many times. water sure works for curls.

I used to have a girl friend that used to put my hair in curlers, she would perm my hair (body perms) and some time streak it
(high lights)

I used to go to the beauty shop for perms and set too, (and frosting) once in a while french braids.

Beverley Sims
12-15-2012, 01:31 PM
When my hair was long I loved getting it set.
A girl in curlers is never read. :)

LaraPeterson
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Lucky girl, makes me want to have long hair again. I remember the long steam rollers that came in a clear plastic shell that you plugged in the wall, added a little water, and waited for the steam to come out. Guess I'll just keep brushing out my wigs.

mikiSJ
12-15-2012, 06:39 PM
A girl in curlers is never read. :)

Well, never say never!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mw9Npwta94k/TyhKaJunweI/AAAAAAAAe-s/nFfafG5nkBo/s1600/diane+arbus+drag+queen.jpg

Diane Arbus had a knack for finding the weirdness of the street.

scarlett
12-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I, too, love the feel and look of my hair in rollers even in guy mode. There is nothing so feminine. As a little boy I wanted my hair in pretty curls and I knew what was required to have it. I was denied though, a child of a military family and forced buzz cuts. I have always felt deprived though now now I can roll what is left without too much grief from my loving SO who does not approve of my fem desires in general. I would have loved to have curls and curlers when younger.

Paulette
12-15-2012, 11:33 PM
I only get a cut and color every 6 weeks from my beautician. I so love the effect of the color high lights and my cut is something that I can wear drab and yet styled a different way will look very fem.

CCFiorella
12-26-2012, 12:43 AM
I love to do my hair, and I love to do perms at a salon. Currently, I go to a real old fashioned one, where the youngest stylist is 60 or so years old.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64274155@N04/5860045741/in/set-72157626897781209/