PDA

View Full Version : Clowning around

Julie Denier
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
WGN in Chicago just broadcast a lost episode of the "Bozo's Circus" TV show I grew up watching. One of the segments featured a relay race between two groups of boys who had to run with a suitcase to the end of the line, open the bag, put on the dress, wig and hat inside, take them off, put them in the bag and run back to hand off to the next boy.

This brought back memories for me, as I remember playing this game at a class party in grade school. I vividly recall voicing my dislike for the game in a now-obvious fit of overcompensation to keep anyone from thinking I liked wearing dresses. I should have just enjoyed myself and used the others for cover ;)

Slipstream
12-15-2012, 03:47 PM
That's cool. I liked Bozo as a kid too, Now my natural hair resembles his:o
Just a couple weeks ago I was at the Fox River Mall in Appleton, WI. There were a bunch of guys walking around fully dressed a women. I had to ask what was up. It was an initiation for some baseball team.
Why didn't they do that back when I played ball??:heehee:

kimdl93
12-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't recall a game like that but I know I would have protested too much...I always lived in fear of having my secret accidentally revealed.

Leah Lynn
12-15-2012, 04:52 PM
I do recall the game, but never played. I, too, would have protested too much, to hide my desire.

RADER
12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
That game would beet playing "The Grand Prize Game"
Maybe I can rehearse today at home. LOL
Saying you even remember "Bozo" tells your age.
My former son-in-law was out of a job one year, I told him
to apply for the Bozo job, It would fit him well. LOL
Rader

Joanie_Shakti
12-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Wow! I remember seeing that game now. I would watch Bozo when I was seven years old the year we lived in Northbrook, Ill.

RenneB
12-15-2012, 06:16 PM
I remember Bozo too... In fact as a scout I remember going to the show for a filming.... I would remember if I played that game on the show, but it wasn't scheduled for our trip.... darn.. I'm sure I remember playing it at home though... LOL...

Renne.....

Julie Denier
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
That game would beet playing "The Grand Prize Game"
Maybe I can rehearse today at home. LOL
Saying you even remember "Bozo" tells your age.
My former son-in-law was out of a job one year, I told him
to apply for the Bozo job, It would fit him well. LOL
Rader

One of the prize buckets often held a kid prize plus "pantyhose for your Mom." I doubt Mom would have traded ;)

Rachel M
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
So, which of you went last, but left the dress and wig on and walked back? LOL

Jorja
12-15-2012, 07:21 PM
So, which of you went last, but left the dress and wig on and walked back? LOL

That would have been me! :)

NathalieX66
12-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not an Illinois native by any standard, but I lived in downtown Chicago for two years `1909-2001, loved it! WGN is one of the best radio stations on the planet.
I never knew Bozo the Clown was part of their history. I remember seeing a 1970s/80's remake of the show with the same cast.

Beverley Sims
12-16-2012, 06:44 AM
One of my early dress up experiences was learning to play womens hockey.
I was 16 and they needed another girl in the team.
I volunteered to be that girl. :)
Nobody looked or cared they were all so grateful and I think naive.