PDA

View Full Version : A Big Step for me - Going to the dry cleaners

BrittanieinLA
12-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi all,
Don't laugh. As you can see by my post count, I am relatively new. This is because the need to dress has recently reemerged after years of locked in the closet.

So today, while working from home, I needed to go to the cleaners. I didn't dare wear anything noticeable but I had on some nice, black velvet trousers (clearly women's), they came to the top of my shoes where anyone who wanted to notice could see my sheer black pantyhose. I put on a loose fitting blouse because I am not ready to call attention to my breast area.

The nice lady at the cleaners noticed enough of me to say that "you look very handsome today." Maybe next time it will be "pretty" instead of handsome.

Just had to share.

Luv, Britt

KatieZ
12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Well that sounded like a friendly invite to come back dressed as the girl within. So when you go back to pick up your dry cleaning you shouldn't disappoint her. ;)

Hugs

sherri
12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
That's cool, Britt. I'm not sure how unnoticeable your attire was, but it's a good way to get your feet wet. I know it felt good, and the more we (CDers) give people gentle, tasteful opportunities to interact with us normally, the better off everyone will be.

BrendaChristine
12-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Of course. Every dry cleaner knows how much more profit there is in women's clothing as opposed to men's.:p But hey , you got out and made a friend. Good for you!

Lydia
12-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I know it felt good, and the more we (CDers) give people gentle, tasteful opportunities to interact with us normally, the better off everyone will be.

Agreed! Society sees enough 'distasteful' (my opinion) samples of the TG community... It's great that they see the tasteful side and know we're not all out to make a 'splash'!