PDA

View Full Version : Plucked Eyebrows?

Deborah J.
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm curious to know how many of you girls pluck your eyebrows. I know a lot of us keep their legs shaved, but this is easily hidden when in drab. Even with shorts on it's not very noticeable. Plucked eyebrows however are much more "in your face". I'm not talking about a minor cleanup, but a real shaping with a thin defined shape and a noticeable feminine arch. Makeup is easily removed, but a feminine eyebrow is there for awhile. Sort of a burn your bridges and no going back statement.
I've always thought that one of the reasons that GG's look like GG's is their eyebrows. A nicely shaped and defined brow is just one of the reasons they look so cute. Of corse there are many other reasons, but the eyebrows do add to the total look.
Myself, I keep mine fairly thin with a noticeable arch. Not so much that I look surprised all the time, but definitely not masculine. Sort of a retro '40's look. So even when I'm in drab it's obvious that I crossdress. Not a problem for me as I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle. I'm actually proud that I live an alternate lifestyle. Normally even when not dressed I'll wear women's shoes and nylons. Not spikes or anything radical. It's usually women's loafers or something casual.
What do you gals do?

Alliex
12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow great question. I've wondered myslef. Does using a pencil help to fill in up top where youve not hair and then use make up to conceal where there is hair?

Jackiefl
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
i don't pluck but mine are prof. waxed every 3 to 4 weeks and very fem for the past 15 yrs,

PretzelGirl
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I only pluck to thin slightly and clean up the strays for neatness. Eyebrows do not have to be thinned or arched to be feminine. Just ask Brooke Shields among many others.

Jessica Who
12-16-2012, 05:15 PM
OH yea! Been waxing mine since 2000, but it's a bit more accepted for Latino guys to do that. If you ever go to Puerto Rico you will notice that most of the guys have very groomed eyebrows with precise arches and "mucho" sharpness.

I love my eyebrows now, pre-2000 they were hair wastelands. It's funny though, I get a lot of hate comments about my eyebrows on my "Male" YouTube channel. go figure.

suchacutie
12-16-2012, 05:26 PM
When Tina started out 7 years ago, her eyebrows were one of the first things that had to be addressed. My wife explained that it would take a few years to arch them because, at the time, there was not enough hair simply to change the shape by plucking. It's taken several years but she was right that the hair will move if you insist upon removing some of it, at least for me! I'm not sure anyone has noticed (who would say anything, anyway?) and I've never caught anyone staring at them. The angle is not brutally sharp, but they are clearly arched and rather thin.

P.S. It's probably important to note that at this point in my life, if I didn't pluck my brows I would have a 2" wide unibrow. Frankly, I need to pluck them not to be a "cave man"! However, they don't need the femme arch that I give them. :)

Sharon B.
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I shave mine to a feminine arch but have to wear glasses when I drive.

Joan_CD
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I get mine threaded every few weeks.

Sometimes Steffi
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Eyebrows do not have to be thinned or arched to be feminine. Just ask Brooke Shields among many others.

My goal is the Brooke Shields look. I wouldn't wnat them thin and arched in either boy or girl mode.

However, I don't shape them at all. My belief is that they will be noticed, even if no one says anything. And I'm sure someone special to me (my wife) would both notice and say something, and then I'd be in for months of grief until they grew back.

When I've gone for transformations, the MA has covered over the real eye brow and redrawn it thinner and arched. Look at my profile pic (of me, not the cutie cartoon). I'm not sure how noticeable it is, but I was sporting covered up brows and fales eye lashes. Left to my own devices, I try to lighten under the brow to make it appear thinner.

I was wondering if there was some kind of "brow wax" that could be used to clatten bushie brows.

Rogina B
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Mine are waxed thin and slightly arched every few weeks. I know that I look a lot better this way.

Sally24
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM

I've slowly plucked mine over the last 6 years. I also lift them a little with tape so they are more arched in female mode then male. I also wear glasses in my male presentation so they are not as visible then.

Kaz
12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I pluck... been doing it for so long I can't remember when I started! No comments or looks. But then I am pretty bald in guy mode and keep what hair I have ultra short... With that look you don't want big eyebrows, even as a guy!

Sara Jessica
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Myself, I keep mine fairly thin with a noticeable arch...So even when I'm in drab it's obvious that I crossdress.

No, even when you're in drab it's obvious you keep your eyebrows fairly thin with a noticeable arch. In other words, a male who cares about such subtleties of grooming.

That is, unless you are wearing your "I'm a CD'er" button and then all bets are off.

MssHyde
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I tweeze mine, I have to use brow power or pencil in man mode

FaithGrace
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I have just started plucking and trimming mine. I plan on slowly, over time, grooming and shaping my brows so that it is not obviously noticeable to those that see me on a regular basis.

Eryn
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I pluck the strays just so that they won't look like Sasquatch. I use a little brown shadow to darken the arch when I dress. They're still a bit lush, but many GGs are in the same boat.

carhill2mn
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I have kept my eyebrows plucked for many years. In male mode I just draw them on a bit lighter.

Marlana
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I want to start, but as of right now, I do nothing.

Paulette
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I pluck, in fact I just finished before signing on here. When I get my chest and back waxed I also have my brows done. Been doing to so long that everyone just thinks i have well groomed brows.

barbie lanai
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I just use the razor and shave off about half the thickness. Been doing it for several years now, and probably just looks the way they are. Besides, my brows are gray enough I doubt many would even notice.

Leah Lynn
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I barely have any eyebrows, and even then, they're covered by my glasses.

Jenny Gurl
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I have plucked for a few years. Slowly shaping them from the bottom as the eyebrow guides recommend. I don't want the really thin because the hair will thin a you get older. A friend of mine has pencil thin brows and has to fill much of them in because she use to pluck them thin for years, now that they are thinning out she doesn't have much left. I do notice when I neglect them for a while the really short stubble are more noticeable than the thin well shaped brows. I shoot for the feminine looking brow that is not over the top.

Starr
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
I pluck mine for a while.. just trying to get the kind of cleaned up as they were a mess, all over the place.. this summer i started having them waxed..and thinned them down a little at a time to where they were pretty good in either girl or boy mode.. However this last visit i ask the lady to do them a little thinner.. and she did. They are very fem, thin and arched with a natural arch of my face, when i looked at them i loved them but did kind of worry abot someone saying something. That never happened, even though i am sure it was noticed at work, but then they have seen my shaved legs, shaved arms, long clear polished nails and my long hair that is half way down my back and dyed red... i do keep it in a high girls ponytail at work...

SometimesDiana
12-17-2012, 12:55 AM
1) I pluck mine regularly. I mostly just remove the stragglers and accentuate the arch. Other than that, I don't really change their size or shape much. They can pass for clean boy brows or girl brows.

2) I trim my brow hairs to keep them from getting too long and bushy. I brush them straight up and trim them back a little with a little electric trimmer.

3) When I dress up, I brush my brows with clear mascara. They end up looking more neat and defined.

4) I define them in a couple places with a tiny bit pencil.

Chickhe
12-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I keep mine trimmed somt he neighbors don't complain. I make them middle of the road, thinner and cleaner than natural and works for any time. I keep the outer ends trimmed so the arch is not really there...I pencil the thin arch in if I want it. The other thing that works really well is to draw over your brows with the pencil forming the shape of the arch, it darkens them up and fools the eye to make it see an arch. The other thing...not for every day though, but great under a wig is to use tape to pull your skin up creating arches.

becky77
12-17-2012, 03:11 AM
I have plucked mine for years. The first time I took it down in stages and I think people noticed but they thought I was odd anyway. The funniest was my observant brother, he just stared at me and said "Have you plucked your eyebrows" the look on his face was such concentration. I just said yeah, they define my face unlike your hairy caterpillars. He surprised me by standing back and saying, yeah looks good. My eyebrows are borderline acceptable and not that noticeable other than a well groomed guy, however when compared to my family that naturally have thick eyebrows it's very obvious. But I have done it so long no one realises anymore. Apart from stragglers mine have never grown back, so anyone new to plucking I would advise against over doing it.

joanna4
12-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Mine were shaped by threading and now I pluck them every day or two to keep them on track.

Georgina2
12-17-2012, 06:11 AM
I have shaped my eyebrows over the last year. Pluck any that grow to long,grey or to dark.They are not to thin and if any one has noticed no one has commented other than my SO.Thicker slightly shaped brows on GG now seems to be the latest trend here in the UK.

Teddie
12-17-2012, 06:21 AM
My wife does mine. I keep them not thin, but not masculine. And, a litle tape under the wig makes them look good.

TeresaL
12-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Mine are plucked fron the bottom and trimmed at the top. Stray hairs only. Mine are naturally high, and arched, so other than lightly penciling, very little reminiscing is needed.

joan47
12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
I get my eyebriows waxed every two weeks, thin and arched as possible. I am older so many of the hairs are gray so I have to use pencil to fill it in.
I don't think people notice in male mode unless I use too much pencil. I alos use a waxbrow pencil

WandaRae2009
12-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I've been plucking for years to make the smaller and also trimming what is left to keep it shorter.

cjlegs
12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
I am married but I still pamper myself each month. I go into a nearby salon (dressed as a man) and get a mani and pedi with clear polish and then get my eyebrows waxed, going from thicker near the bridge of my nose, to thinner with a slight arching.

By the way... the ONLY comments I get from women in the salon are "I sure wish my husband would come in and get groomed too!"

No one has said anything about my eyebrows out in public.

CJ

Laura28
12-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I havent tried shpaing them yet, still an little nerverous about screwing them up or making them to fem wouldnt be good if i showed up for work with Fem eye brows. But i do want to start trying to get them a little thinner with a slight arch.

Beverley Sims
12-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I keep my bushies down to a medium arch these days.

I Am Paula
12-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Mine have been waxes thin, and arched since long before I went full time. Nobody ever said a word about it. I stand by my belief- people see what they want to see, if it doesn't have boobs and a dress, it's just a guy to them.-Celeste

Karan49
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm a baby about the pain of plucking/tweezing. Twenty-two years ago when I under went electrolysis I had the technician wax my eyebrows and every week she would permenently remove any strays that grew back. So far I've never had to think about my brows except a bit of penciling once in awhile.

Karan

Cheryl T
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I've kept mine tweezed and arched for the last 6 or so years without ever a comment. I can't let them go a week without feeling I'm getting "bushy" and it irks me to no end.
Sometimes I will take a pencil to them to make them more prominent depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes I'll add a bit of mascara too.

AnitaFloridaGal
02-28-2013, 05:16 AM
I suggest threading your eyebrows. You will get a nice delicate shape without the pain of waxing.

Jillian Faith
02-28-2013, 06:07 AM
My wife does mine. I keep them not thin, but not masculine. And, a litle tape under the wig makes them look good.

My wife plucked mine the first time, and I've maintained them by plucking and trimming. While not a high feminine are in male mode I can shape them into a feminine style with an eyebrow brush when doing my make-up.

rodybaby
03-18-2013, 10:37 AM
my wife plucks mine! not to thick not to thin

minalost
03-18-2013, 11:16 AM
I pluck my eyebrows and keep them thin and with a curve. No one has noticed as far as I can tell. But then I wear glasses and it kind of distracts from them.

This is me too. I also think it helps if you do a little a time and not a dramatic pluck them all at once thing. Also, what is eyebrow "threading?"

Tiffbear
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I've just started getting my eyebrows done. I'm slowly going to thin mine out so it doesn't look SUPER noticeable, mostly so people get used to seeing me with clean eyebrows. But, I have no intentions on getting woman's eyebrows. I actually just like them cleaned up for guy mode.

I should be getting glasses soon, so it shouldn't be super noticeable soon anyway.

This is me too. I also think it helps if you do a little a time and not a dramatic pluck them all at once thing. Also, what is eyebrow "threading?"

It's shaping your eyebrows using a piece of thread. It's pretty neat.

Jenni Yumiko
03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D

27th Jennifer
03-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Eyebrows trimmed and plucked. Not overly dramatic, just a little bit of shaping. Luckily I have fair and a fair complexion, so it's not too noticeable. I also just plucked a little bit at a time, so I don't think anyone noticed. One friend who I hadn't seen in a while asked me if I was doing something different to my eyebrows, and I replied that I was trimming them and keeping my unibrow in check. None of my friends know, but there are probably suspicions...

Ana

Nichola
03-19-2013, 03:33 AM
I just keep mine neat with an electric trimmer, then pluck to shape just a little so it still looks ok for guy mode. I don't think brows need to be too thin for a feminine look.
Take a look at Mila Kunis, her brows look stunning without being overly thin.

joan47
03-19-2013, 06:51 AM
I get mine waxed every two weeks when I get my arylic nails filled. They are thin and arched, my wife hates them, I use pencil to highlight and go over gray hairs.

meganmartin
03-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Good question:

I do pluck on occasion but every two to three weeks i go get my haircut and have them waxed.
Found this nice little Vietnamese shop that does haircut and waxing. In male mode I told the young girl after she finished my haircut i wanted to get my eyebrows waxed.
Intinally I was reluctant because did not want to go to far to upset my wife are draw attention to myself at work. Showed the girl a picture of me on my phone and said this is me sometime....and want to gradually do a little more every-time to reshape them in a way that can not be detected.

So far it has worked and I think has made a difference in my female presentation.

sheilagirl
03-19-2013, 07:40 AM
threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D

Yes. For me, having the young Indian lady "Thread" me at the mall is the way to go! Nice, clean lines. Stings like a B$%&*! But lasts for several weeks.

Taliya
03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I have thinned mine out gradually and now maintain a feminine arch. I wear glasses in drab mode, which partially hides them anyway. It really made a big difference (I feel) in my femme face.

charla42
03-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Keep mine thin and arched. Been doing it for over five years now. To all have a great day. Charla

Terraforming
03-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Nobody said a word when I started tweezing, and my brows were very wild and unkempt before I started. I've been doing it for a couple years now, and people still don't say anything.

Michelle55
03-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Started thining them about 10 to 12 years ago. Kept them that way ever since. I pluck from below and trim length with a nose hair trimmer that has a guard on it.

I work around farmers and loggers all the time, and those people as generally not shy about taking an opportunity to poke fun at somebody. Not only has nobody said anything, I've never even gotten what I'd call an odd look. Since almost nobody I'm around now has ever seen me any different I think they all just assume this is the way my eyebrows look.

Algoma
03-19-2013, 11:54 PM
They would grow down on my eyelids if I didn't pluck daily. not pretty, I have tried waxing, threading and electrolyses. Trying rapid lash to thicken the top line, raise them higher. No one has ever said anything, but don't really care i like the trime arched look.

Donna Joanne
03-20-2013, 05:36 AM
That is, unless you are wearing your "I'm a CD'er" button and then all bets are off.

I want one of those buttons too!!! LoL

jillian_nphilly
03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
i pluck mine too. i have done it in stages sometimes not doing it for quite a while. lately i've been trying to maintain to keep stragglers away, i wear glasses in boy mode, no one has said anything to me except the first time i went overboard. i recommend not going overboard!

Leanna Jean
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I tweeze and pluck my eyebrows, my wife says that i sometimes go too far, too femme. But I agree with the statement that a nice set of brows is quite feminine.

SandraV
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
I pluck my eyebrows regularly. I started slowly and progressed to a more feminine/clean (or so I think) look. I get the same comment from my wife, that sometimes I go too far. Still no one has said a thing, though I am sure people have noticed. Just try to keep them clean and not overdo it.

Launa
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I have been getting mine waxed for the past 2 years but last week I got my wife to pluck them for me. I said give me a nice thin shape and she did what I asked....

Its awesome!

Tracii G
03-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Mine are so faint its hard to see them to pluck them.
I use a small brow trimmer to get an arch.

SuzanneS
03-28-2013, 09:19 PM
I pluck.....but mostly only the unruly ones, but I do slowly work on the ones on the bottom, but it seems like I barely keep up and I do pluck almost every day or at least everyday...

Brooke Shields probably has just as much of an eyebrow as I do, or maybe even more, but I haven't yet perfected mine into a more feminine look. I keep plucking away at whats in the middle and a few underneath, but just haven't quite got there yet...

By the time I get them where I want, they will be grey, or everyone will think that I've just aged enough that they are just thinning out. I'll keep plucking, I guess. ;)

Suzanne

Debbie Johnson
03-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Hey gray isn't all bad....and we can darken them!