PDA

View Full Version : If you could be "cured", would you?

Deborah J.
12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Here's food for thought. In the movie "The Matrix" our hero Neo is given the choice of a red or a blue pill. One would send him back to his imaginary life in the Matrix and one would free him from the Matrix and let him live in the real world. I know this a stretch of an analogy, but: If given the choice of a blue or pink pill. The blue "curing" you for good of CDing or the pink leaving you as you are, which would you take? I'll have a pink one please!

xdressed
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
A bit 3/4 of a year ago I'd have said Blue for sure but now I think I'd take the Pink even though my life would be easier with the Blue.

NathalieX66
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM
I like me, no matter how I'm dressed, and no matter what gender I present in.

ArleneRaquel
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Neither pill for moi, I beleive that I was born with this orientation and I have no desire to change, which I believe that I cannot do any way, the desire would,always be with me, or why would I desire to agonize by attempting something that I'm sure would fail. My mental health is much better by moi being myself which is living as a female as close to 24/7 as I can.

Sometimes Steffi
12-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm sure there was a time when I was younger that I would hve taken the blue pill. But now, I'd like the pink pill.

On second thought, when I was younger, I didn't think I had an incurable problem, so I wouldn't have taken any pill.

Kate Simmons
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
It would be easy to want to be "cured" but that is no fun. I wouldn't miss this "trip" for the world. No boring life for me Hon. ;):battingeyelashes::)

RADER
12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I already take way to many pills now; so I will hold up on taking more.
I refuse to give the Med's Companies More money. LOL
Can I Take 1/2 blue and 1/2 pink????
Now that would be an interesting scenario.
Rader

Kaz
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I already take way to many pills now; so I will hold up on taking more.
I refuse to give the Med's Companies More money. LOL
Can I Take 1/2 blue and 1/2 pink????
Now that would be an interesting scenario.
Rader

Yeah, until I can get that pink pill for all female physical characteristics and the blue to go to work and do my guy stuff and the ability to change at will... I ain't giving this up out of choice! Been there too long!

Slipstream
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I'd be willing to try the blue for a week, but I'd probably have to sue the manufacturer for the side effect of clinical depression.

ArleneRaquel
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
IMO trying to be [B] cured causes more depression than anything else[B].

Bree Wagner
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I'll stay just who I am, thanks!

PaulaAnn
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't have a problem, I don't need "curing".....I was born this way and that suits me fine.That being said,the journey to reach my present point has been bumpy to say the least but, I am what I am and a pill blue or pink doesn't make a difference.
Paula

May(be)
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
This is clearly going to be an unpopular opinion, bit it's just that- an opinion.
Blue pill. Unfortunately I'll always know that a part of me is gone, but if that means my sexuality is that of my prescribed sex, blue pill for sure. It would help in my marriage and my other relationships. I know i would always have a part of me that Is missing, but the trade off would be worth it.
that being said, I know that there is a purpose for me to be born this way. Buddhism teaches me that there is something of happiness to learn all of this. Would I turn my back on all of that for the unexamined life? yes.

RADER
12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah, until I can get that pink pill for all female physical characteristics and the blue to go to work and do my guy stuff and the ability to change at will... I ain't giving this up out of choice! Been there too long!

Maybe the answer to get an "B-G" switch installed somewhere on yourself.
When you want to be a female, flip the switch to "G", and when you have yard chores,
You flip the switch to "B".
Question is where can a person go for this installation?
Hay I know, Lets ask Karren she knows all about that Engineering stuff. LOL
Rader

JanM38
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
As a former marriage spiraled out f control at least partially because of my penchant for panties (well, let's be frank, the panties weren't really the problem, it was the bra, skirt, blouse, wig, and makeup!) I might have snatched that blue pill out of your hand and swallowed it without water. As I reflect on nearly half a century, though, and balance the anguish against the delicious excitement of my various forays into the world en femme, I think I have to say. "Pink, please!"

Veronica Lodge
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Is there a 3rd option for curing the male side for good?

Jessica Who
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Absolutely, unequivocally no. I love myself.

JessicaMN
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Not a chance would i want to lose this part of me.

Brittany CD
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I agree with May. I'd take the blue pill. Crossdressing is something I love and I love being a woman, but it's also the only thing in my life that gives me conflict. Not being a crossdresser would help me tremendously with my relationships with people and I wouldn't have any more big secrets from people

MsJanessa
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
No---I like Myself way too much to do that--and why should I want to stop an activity that gives Me pleasure?

May(be)
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
No---I like Myself way too much to do that--and why should I want to stop an activity that gives Me pleasure?
In this scenario the blue pull would make you 100% fulfilled with yourself as a male. The only issue is the lingering knowledge that you were different at one time in your past.

anastasiaprincess
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Pink for defo i couldn't imagine life without the comforting feeling i get when i'm dressed as a girl !!!

MssHyde
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
maybe cut both in half and take them together

after thinking about it I'd take the Blue pill and make peace in my home

RenneB
12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I would stay who I am as what I was born with. I just wish I had someone like y'all to talk to back when I was 5 or so just to understand what I was going through. Do you know how hard it is to have these feelings and think you're the only one in the world like this?? Oh yea, I guess I am preaching to the chior aren't I.... duh...

Renne......

Angela Campbell
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Unless one pill makes me a female I am not interested. I don't want to be cured if that leaves me as a male with no desire to dress. The only "cure" for me is to be female. My treatment is to dress up.

Julie Denier
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM
The blue pill would certainly make my life a lot less complicated, but having experienced the pleasures of dressing up, I couldn't imagine being without it.

anastasiaprincess
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I would stay who I am as what I was born with. I just wish I had someone like y'all to talk to back when I was 5 or so just to understand what I was going through. Do you know how hard it is to have these feelings and think you're the only one in the world like this?? Oh yea, I guess I am preaching to the chior aren't I.... duh...

Renne......

Renne i went through a good part of my life as a youngster with the urge to be a girl but also finding girls attractive ! This really messed with my head and confused the hell out of me !! On one hand wanting to be a girl made me think i was maybe gay but finding girls attractive contradicted this ! To this day i still get confused !!! "Why feel like i want to be a girl but also want to bed girls ?" lol at the end of the day i feel so lucky that i found a partner who accepts me for who i am ! Encourages my cross dressing and actually enjoys it as part of our personal relationship I honestly cant understand why i feel the way i do but i have learn't to live with it

STACY B
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought thats what HRT was for ? Cured ,,, Hey I am GIRL NOW !!! Yee,,Hawwwwwwwwwww

FaithGrace
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
For one of the first times in my life, I am happy with myself and am very comfortable with who I am. I would take the blue pill only if it would make me also forget my past obsession with femininity, just so that I would fit in better with society. Otherwise, I'll gladly take a big pink pill.

lynnef
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Pink for sure I wouldn't change for anything :)

Leah Lynn
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I thought thats what HRT was for ? Cured ,,, Hey I am GIRL NOW !!! Yee,,Hawwwwwwwwwww

That's what I was thinking as well. Okay, maybe SRS, but I'm not a candidate for that.

Jenny Gurl
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Would I want to kill the half of me that has learned to appreciate the feminine things in my life, no. Being a dual gender comes with challenges, but also comes with rewards. I'm not willing to give up the rewards just so it is not as challenging.

LaraPeterson
12-16-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd like to have a blue pill please; not one that "cures" me of CDing, one that cures me of all the man stuff; if there was such a pill, I'd take it in a heartbeat. The only problem with any transition would be the loss of influence and companionship with past friends and relatives. That's the reality of it all for me.

Lady Catherine
12-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I didn't know I needed to be cured.

AllyCDTV
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I have nothing to be cured of. I have no regrets for anything I have done in my life, good or bad. It has all added up to the person I am today and I like where I'm at just fine.

Eryn
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
It's a good question. "Cure" me and I'm likely to be a different person entirely, as a part of my personality would be missing. My wife might not like the new testosterone-laced person that suddenly showed up in her life!

abbie_lynn
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd honestly take the blue pill. It'd be a lot easier.

Erica Marie
12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
No pills for me thank you. But how do we get rest of the world to take the green pill that makes them accept us for who we are. Then we can live our lives the way we were meant to.

AngelaKelly<3
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
No pills for me thank you. But how do we get rest of the world to take the green pill that makes them accept us for who we are. Then we can live our lives the way we were meant to.

What a lovely world to think about :daydreaming:

nevarrie
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
I do not see it as needing to be cured.

I look at the fact that 50 years ago girls where expected to wear dresses to school and now a days very few every where dresses or skirts. I have noticed in the last 10 years it has become easier for me to go out in a dress or skirt without people giving me a hard time(for living in the bible belt that is saying a lot). I hope that in another 25 to 50 years men will be allowed to wear what ever makes them feel best without be labeled as gay.

I love my wife and I love being able to go out in a dress or skirt and wearing silks and satins. I do not see that as something I need cured of. It is part of what makes me me.

Silmaril
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I'd take either pill that pulls me out of being trapped between two worlds. If the pink pill leaves me as I am, I guess that's the same as taking no pill at all, so I'd be taking the blue pill.

But instead, if the pink pill pushed me into the girl side of the equation, the bottom line would be this: the pink would only have to change my body to match my mind, but the blue would have to change who I am (how I think and behave) to match my body.

When I think of it that way, I'd go pink; I could handle the physical change, but wouldn't want to be changing who I am.

AngelaKelly<3
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
But instead, if the pink pill pushed me into the girl side of the equation, the bottom line would be this: the pink would only have to change my body to match my mind

I'll have one of those pink pills if you're handing them out :heehee:

Rachel Morley
12-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Going solely on the title of your thread my response is: "cured" ??!!! are you serious? ... that implies that I'm sick .... I'm not! No thanks. I like the way I am.

Chickhe
12-17-2012, 02:03 AM
To be honest...I think I am cured. The cure is learning to not make such a big deal out of it and to accept yourself. I actually don't feel much need to dress anymore after decades to needing it and in the end, I still enjoy it, but the real emotional part has gone away. The best way I can describe it, is nowdays I somehow feel more like a male and CDing is just a really facinating activity I know how to do.

drag n fly
12-17-2012, 04:23 AM
I'd take the pink pill...Just because it's pink...Hehe jackie

TeresaL
12-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Pink for me
Give me three
I think I see
It's HRT
The blue's for "T"

erickka
12-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Neither for me either. I feel that I have the best of both worlds right now.

linda allen
12-17-2012, 07:32 AM
"If you could be "cured", would you?"

To be cured of something, you first have to define it as a condition or illness. I don't see crossdressing as either a condition or an illness. It's something I like to do and it doesn't harm me or anyone else. It's like playing golf or building model trains.

So no, I would not take a pill to "cure" me of my crossdressing.

If you can come up with a pill to eliminate body and facial hair, I'll take a whole bottle. :heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
If I was guaranteed an SO if I took the blue pill and quit dressing, yes I'd take the blue pill and give it up. If I had to choose I'd choose to have someone to love over dressing.

Jana
12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
No cure needed for me, as I "ain't" sick. :)

Angela Campbell
12-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Going solely on the title of your thread my response is: "cured" ??!!! are you serious? ... that implies that I'm sick .... I'm not! No thanks. I like the way I am.

You can "cure" a ham by placing it in a room full of smoke....so I guess all the years I spent in smoky bars means I am cured.

Mollyanne
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Here's food for thought. In the movie "The Matrix" our hero Neo is given the choice of a red or a blue pill. One would send him back to his imaginary life in the Matrix and one would free him from the Matrix and let him live in the real world. I know this a stretch of an analogy, but: If given the choice of a blue or pink pill. The blue "curing" you for good of CDing or the pink leaving you as you are, which would you take? I'll have a pink one please!

ME TOO, ME TOO!!!!!!!

Molly

linda allen
12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Is there a 3rd option for curing the male side for good?

Yes. A knife! :devil:

ronda
12-17-2012, 09:38 AM
i am not sick so there for i do not need a pill to fix anything i like me as i am breast form and all ah maybe real lager breast would do Hugs Ronda

Beverley Sims
12-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Who wants to be cured? :)

tara t
12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
ill have both , is there tracers off these pills?

Catherine1122
12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
If by being cured I could end the obsession I have with dressing at certain times of the year, end the stress that is relieved only by dressing, get rid of the depression and self-loathing that follows dressing, lose the suicidal ideations that I have, get back the friends I have lost over the years due to their revulsion with my private habits, get back to the level of intimacy and friendship I had with my wife before she learned of my "hobby" and lead a norm life of, I don't even know what's normal anymore...fantasy football and mancaves? well, then, yes, i would take the "cure." Sure, I enjoy this more than anything else I do, but to be "normal," for once in my life, might be nice. Look at girls and women not for how they are dressed (that would look so much better on me; could I wear that outfit...) but just to be a typical male idiot and drool over them, not so bad, perhaps. Relief, I suppose. I am a good guy, I love my family and they love me, and no, I do not really think there SHOULD BE anything wrong with this; we are just bombarded with messages that it is wrong. And before you flame me about how all the above conceptions are wrong, that I am somehow to blame for feeling badly for the results of this little habit of mine, that this is not a sickness, keep in mind that we cannot control what happens in our heads. I am being honest here, I feel the way I do because I do; nothing can change that.

Danielle_cder
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
ummm F no I love both sides of me a cure for this no thanks.

Deborah J.
12-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I didn't in any way want to imply that any of us need to be "cured". I was simply implying what a lot of society thinks of us. Just sort of a "fun" question. I believe that one of the reasons that CDing is considered "incurable" (that society thing again) is that it's so pleasurable that no WANTS to give it up. I certainly don't. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Maybe......I'm not saying :heehee:

Maybe........I just don't know.......anything is possible.......Maybe Big Sister is watching :brolleyes:

kimdl93
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't consider myself to be ill, so no cure is required. Once upon a time I thought otherwise. I was never truly at peace until I accepted myself for the person I am. No pills for me.

SuzieLod
12-17-2012, 07:59 PM
cured? Of what?

Nichola
12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Despite all the hassle/confusion I've caused myself in my life through being this way, I just can't imagine not being like this. I don't do drugs, but in this case I'll take the pink pill, lol:heehee:

Ann Thomas
12-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I had a very long talk with the estranged wife last night, and it came to something similar to this idea. In the end she and I agreed to look into it together and separately, to see if such a thing as the 'blue pill' (as called in this thread) exists. Honestly, I would probably take it if it were affordable. But, the priority, as I told my wife, was that our efforts for cures needed to go into saving her life first, as she has Lupus and MCS and other major, life-threatening issues that will kill her if they are not cured. My crossdressing isn't life-threatening, although it is relationship and marriage threatening. If I ever do get anywhere with this, I'll let you all know. (I'm not looking at pharmaceutical firms' offerings - they make more money from us if we transition than if we don't so they have no incentive to explore this.)

Why would I take the blue pill? Life would be easier, yes. Relationships would be easier, yes. Having met many CDs and many more TSs now, I would have to say if one were to be open and honest all one's life, if one were to know what the future holds all the way from the beginning, and if one began young (when it appears to be easier to pass and easier to make changes before one gets entrenched physically in one's body and hormones), I think it *would* be best to follow ones heart and feelings become what you desire, regardless of 'pills'. I think I'm having the hardest time facing this at 50, with years of hiding, years of denial, yearning for acceptance in one form and establishing what I could, then having to switch at this moment and reestablish myself in another gender.... sigh... it's overwhelming at times.

If I do come to the point of actually facing the choice of such a 'cure' I will be both torn to turn away and yet eager to deny that I need it or want it. I'm *such* a Libra!!!!!

Hugs,
Ann

Catherine Hopkins
12-17-2012, 10:41 PM
NOOOOOOO - I only just found myself and I'd hate to lose it again now!

Dann12
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Before coming out I would have gone blue for sure. Now....no way. I'd let "Big Pharma" keep their pill. :)

flic
12-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm out to basically everyone i know, all have been brilliant, i'm free to wear what i like around any of them, but i can never fully explain myself to any of them and so i can always see the glint of misunderstanding in their eyes. For that, i would take the blue pill each and every time.

sometimes_miss
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
If you could be "cured", would you?
Yes. Absolutely. In a second. No question what so ever.

Suzy Parker
12-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I am not sick and do not need to be cured, I like both of me. The only thing that needs to be cured is my failure to leave the closet.

Stephanie47
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
It is interesting in the manner a lot of people jumped on the question as to whether they would opt out of cross dressing if it was as simple as taking a pill. I think the poster was not implying there was something inherently wrong about cross dressing or the cross dresser. A simple question made complex over semantics.

Catherine1122 makes valid points. Yes, if one were not a cross dresser, life would be a lot less complicated for the vast majority of cross dressing guys. To expunge the desire to cross dress, and, maybe have no recollection of doing so would be an ideal choice.

RitaCD
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
cured? Of what?

Cured of what? I thought curing was what they do to hams and turkeys. No thanks,, allergic to smoke.

abbyleigh001
12-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Cured/// cured from what??? When are people going to finally realize that this is who we are... I must say quiet normal at that... Many of us have married, brought children into this world, raised them, supported our families, served in the military... Please tell me where in the definition of normal we do not fit... I love who I am...

becky77
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Interesting question and I could come up with a complex answer, but to be honest it seems like a pointless idea. To be 'cured' would change me so much, I would cease to be me anymore. Might aswell say, do you wish another sperm made it ahead of you!
;)
It's not me that needs curing, its society that needs the cure.

jillleanne
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I have been cured already. I accepted who I am and am proud of it.

JustineFallow
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I have far too much fun to give it up and hurt absolutely nobody else in doing so. Pink pill, s'il vous plait.

SandraInHose
12-21-2012, 04:45 PM
As much as I LOVE wearing pantyhose, and do so as often as I can, I would scarf down the blue pill in a New York Minute. It would un-complicate a couple of pretty important issues in my life, and certainly give me more direction and focus. Although my wife has been becoming increasingly tolerant of my dressing over the years, I would do it as a gift for her, in a way. She would appreciate it, I'm sure. And if this magical pill were to give me 100% fulfillment as a man, then I'd be OK with that.

Lorileah
12-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I am not sick so I don't need no stinkin' cure :)

Gretchen_To_Be
12-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Sandra, as a recent convert, I feel the same way. As wonderful as it feels to finally be able to speak openly with my wife, and shave my legs and wear pantyhose around her, I am sure she wishes I did not have this obsession. I call it that because that's what it feels like. I love it but I am not sure how she will react long term and I could probably do more productive things with my time.

paulina
12-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I would have to say yes, for many of the reasons stated. It would certainly uncomplicate a lot of things, not to mention cheaper wardrobe. Living as two people takes a lot of time and resources.
Don't get me wrong, I love being Paulina, and can honestly say if something happened and I lost my male genitalia, thereby "curing" me of being a man, I think I would be just as happy as a woman.

Joann Smith
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
I would make every one elese take a blue pill and come live in Joann's world..

Loni
12-21-2012, 07:28 PM
PINK.

but what am i being cured of?

never thought of dressing like a proper lady was a sickness. just hard on the pocketbook.

Rachel05
12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
This makes you think doesn't it and after careful thought, I will stay as I am thank you, to want to change would be to acknowledge that I am not happy as I am and actually I am, so I will go pink please

Babette
12-22-2012, 02:00 PM
OK, I took the pink pill a long time ago. Can I get this prescription refilled please?

Lee Andrews
12-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd stay the same. Crossdressing has in many ways, shaped the person I am. I like who I am so no change for this dudette.
I hate all the negative things that come with it and hiding from everyone but my SO but not enough to change things.

Madilyn A.
12-22-2012, 03:01 PM
At various times in my youth I would say yes, but not now, I enjoy my fem side way too much. I believe the hardships and the problems associated with CDing are well behind me.

Vanessa5
12-22-2012, 03:36 PM
After many years of convincing myself that CDing made me a horrible person I may have taken the blue pill. Now after accepting myself I wish neither. I am who I am supposed to be. All my depression and self loathing are finally gone.

Raychel
12-24-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't even have to think about that one, Definitely Pink for me.
I like who I am, Especially the part when I get to dress up.

Cheryl T
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Here's food for thought....
I'm NOT SICK....so why would I need a cure??

I'm happy with who I am. It's taken so many years to get this way I wouldn't change a thing.

gennee
12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Be cured? NEVER!!!

PretzelGirl
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Throw me in with the masses. There is nothing wrong with me and I wouldn't change a thing. I do believe our outlook on who we are shapes some of how easy or hard it is for us. So I choose to be positive and enjoy life the best I can. Changing it would be the opposite kind of attitude.

Kelly Greene
12-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I understand.the desire to live a life that is free of the rejection we receive from those who don't and won't understand us but, rejecting myself just to make others feel better is unacceptable. I will take neither pill.