PDA

View Full Version : Leg Crossing

Kayse
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I know this is not one of the most important things in life but I am curious about this –
When I sit and cross my legs, (knee-over-knee)….if I cross my right leg over the left, my right leg will swing freely, naturally, and sexy. If I switch legs, I cannot get the same, free swing, natural and sexy look. What is the reason for this and is this true across the board or is it just me? Maybe practice can correct this???

Ya’ll have a very merry Christmas!!

Kayse

Eryn
12-16-2012, 10:36 PM
The fact is that we're built a bit asymmetrically! I can cross my legs naturally either way but there are other actions that I can do better left- or right-handed.

DebbieL
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Most of us gain muscle and strength in our right leg when we start driving. In the lack of other physical fitness training, the difference can be quite substantial since the right leg is doing much more work, while the left leg, especially when driving an automatic transmission, pretty much just sits idle, doing nothing. This effect can be minimized or eliminated by using a fitness program designed to provide similar conditioning and strength building but not muscle building on the left leg.

Consider taking dance or yoga classes. Very often, men build up more bulk in their thighs, which makes it harder for the tendons to stretch. Women's fitness programs focus on flexibility and transforming flab to lean muscle without building muscle. This typically includes many repetitions of light physical exertion - such as is typically found in dance. Most programs such as Aerobics, Jazzercize, Zumba, Yoga, and Modern dance include mirror work (dancing while watching yourself in a mirror as you make slow controlled moves), stretching bar work (pleas and releves), and floor work - stretching tendons and learning to relax muscles to make them long and slender.

In my twenties and after I lost weight in my 30s, I was dancing regularly and could do the "Ankle Wrap" - crossing one leg over the other then putting the ankle of the upper leg behind the calf of the lower leg, making it look like the upper leg is wrapped around the lower leg. When I did it in my 20s, many people would tell me "you shouldn't be able to do that, only girls can do that". When I came out and my weight went back down to 160 lbs, there were many people who would watch me and audibly ask "is she or isn't she a he" and I'd do the leg wrap and the assumption was that I was a GG.

Whether or not you can do "The Wrap", the dance classes will give you nice long slender but shapely legs that look long and lean and feminine.

An important thing to note is that you do not want to try to do any "Muscle Building" - men who want to build muscle lift as much as they can stand for fewer repetitions, which results in tearing the muscles at a microscopic level - the muscles heal and become more bulky. The "Wrestler build" is accomplished by tearing and building muscles over and over until the muscles become so big and bulky that they look almost freakish. Of course this is done at the cost of flexibility. Many body builders can't even scratch their own necks, let alone put on and take off a bra.

Men will build their midsection by doing sit-ups, women will do standing crunches, swiveling their hips and moving shoulders and hips in opposition, which is incorporated into dance moves. To make the dozens of repetitions more interesting, they are combined into dance moves, and usually a movement consists of repetitions of 8s. When the music is added, and a series of movements is combined with different combinations for verses and chorus, the result is an extensive repetitive work-out.

nevarrie
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I find that I can not even cross my legs (knee-over-knee) since my thighs are too big. I know a few girls that are the same way or that can only cross one way or the other. I think it is more each person to if you can and how well.

I end up just crossing my ankles. At times I wish I could cross my legs but I have to deal with crossing my ankles and keeping my legs together, but I learned to do that from wearing a kilt.

AngelaKelly<3
12-16-2012, 11:53 PM
I guess that's just how people are. As Eryn said, we aren't asymmetrical, look at women's breasts for example, one's usually bigger than the other and there's often things we can do with one limb that we can't do with the other.

I guess crossing your legs differently one one side is a result of this too.

I'm not a doctor though, so don't quote me on that! :daydreaming: :heehee:

Diane Smith
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
I can cross my legs either way, but right-over-left is more natural and comfortable for me. I think it's just like being right- or left-handed. My right eye is dominant as well.

I could do the double cross or "ankle wrap," as Debbie called it, about 20 pounds ago, but it's very difficult right now. I hope to get back to that weight soon.

- Diane

Barbara Ella
12-17-2012, 01:30 AM
My left leg is 2.5 inches shorter than the right, so it is just much easier to get it up and over. Trying right over left just does not work well.

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
12-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I can, and do, cross my legs in either direction.:)

Janice An
12-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Kayse, It's the same with me. When crossing my right leg over the left it is more on the side of the knee and swings freely. Not so with left over right, less comfortable and doesn't swing easily.

stephNE
12-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Kayse, I am the same and have noticed this for a long time. My right leg goes all the way over the left and looks very feminine, but the left cannot go over the right.

Tracy - new dresser
12-17-2012, 07:33 AM
mine left leg feels wierd crossed over my left, figured just because im right handed :P

Kate Simmons
12-17-2012, 07:59 AM
No reason really. I think it's just what you are used to and how you feel comfortable.:)

Angela Campbell
12-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I had this problem to for a while. Losing weight helped and then I found just spending time doing it helps. I had to loosen the muscles and such on the other leg to get it to go over the knee comfortably.

cjlegs
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
My legs are of normal size and actually look better than most women (so WOMEN have told me). However, because my "pouch" above is larger than it should be and bigger than I wish it were, I have difficulty crossing my legs, as badly as I wish I could. So I do the knees together ankles crossed and pulled under, sitting a little sideways. I find that also a very feminine way to sit and see many women sitting this way too.

Just a thought.

CJ

Laura28
12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I must be lucky as i can cross either way and often do even when dressed as a male.

xdressed
12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Most of us gain muscle and strength in our right leg when we start driving. In the lack of other physical fitness training, the difference can be quite substantial since the right leg is doing much more work, while the left leg, especially when driving an automatic transmission, pretty much just sits idle, doing nothing. This effect can be minimized or eliminated by using a fitness program designed to provide similar conditioning and strength building but not muscle building on the left leg.

I think this could be the case, as I can freely do it either way no problem

Beverley Sims
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
I have always crossed my legs either way drab or dressed.

Stephanie47
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I tried both ways and I find I am able to freely swing both legs. My preference is to put right leg over left. I don't know why. Just habit I suppose.

Laura912
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Can cross both legs either way and do double wrap either way. Am also able to use either the left hand or right hand but am right dominant. Guess that make me amphibious...ribbet.

Stacy Lyn
12-17-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm a left over right girl, lol
Right over left just isn't comfortable for me.

RitaCD
12-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I have always crossed my legs either way drab or dressed. And I can do the double cross on either leg.

marion
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
right over left and double wrap - so natural

LadyPilot
12-17-2012, 03:54 PM
My wife is very quick telling me to cross my legs; therefore, out of pure fear I cross left to right or right to left. One thing I have noticed with these 'man'legs I have, I need to be carefull when siting at a table cause I can knock if over. Well fear is no longer my concern when that happens. LP

Julie Gaum
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Being that I had a right hip replacement at the V. A. back in 2002 I can only do left over right but nobody mentioned the problem that I have and I would think everbody has who isn't tucking at the time: my man-things make a "wrap" difficult. So what is the secret to do it properly?
Julie

Heather Daniels
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM
For a left over right cross, try sitting more on the right side of your bum. For a right over left, use more of the left side of your bum.

mikiSJ
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
One of the main reason why one leg can be crossed over the other and sometimes not the other way, is that the boys are offset allowing a guy's legs to be crossed, in any fashion.

Since we are not all the same in the boys' department, it is fitting that we begin to cross our legs in the manner it is more comfortable for us dictated by the position of the boys. In my case it is right over left, 100%.

justmetoo
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I can cross either way and often do. Can also do the "double wrap", it's not just something GGs can do. :)