PDA

View Full Version : How important to you is a 'flat front'?

Patti Remick
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello all,
I posted this question over 5 years ago on this forum and thought Id bring it back as it is a very important aspect of my CDg and my 'feminine' persona.

I was wondering how important it is to you to have a smooth and feminine looking 'flat front'. For me it is extremely important. Ive always been very jealous of females and their flat fronts. It is a huge psychological as well as a visual thing for me. Even if Im dressed such that my male parts would not be seen (such as when wearing loose fitting pants/shorts or a dress/skirt) I just dont feel 'right' without a flat front.

I am 'blessed/cursed' in that I have very small male genitals so achieving a flat front does not require too much effort (although I probably go overboard). Without getting into specifics I will say I dont need to use glue. tape, etc. I know for many of you it is not easy.

So please post your thoughts on this subject. Id prefere if your comments concentrate more on the 'why it is/isnt important to have a flat front' that your tucking technique as there is a separate thread on this forum specifically for that purpose. All comments on this subject are more than welcome!

Thanks to all,
Luv and Hugs,
Patti Remick

linda allen
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Obviously, if I'm wearing female clothes and presenting as a female, I don't want my "bulge" showing. I try to tuck somewhat, but I won't go overboard with tape, super glue, etc. At some point, I'll have to use the bathroom.

It's pretty well controlled by my padded panties but another thing is the selection of the skirt, jeans, etc. Some show the bulge, some do not.

Danielle_cder
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Im definitely in the flat front group having a big icky bulge there is just not fem at all. Im with Linda I dont use tape or a gaff just a good fitting pair of panties that is all I need to keep things looking fem

Jana
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
A flat front is totally IMPERATIVE for me. Over the years I perfected my tucking technique. Nowadays I can wear pretty much anything and not worry about any sort of bulge in the nether regions.

Laura28
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I like a flat front, still trying to figure out how to tuck, i dont like the idea of tape. I have a gaff and that works well i wear it under my panties, but still cant get that nice flat look. My wife just got me a nice pair of levis leggins and they look great but the buldge is still showing a little.

cyndigurl45
12-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Depending on where your at, CDer or Transgendered, there's nothing like achieving a flat front naturally, having the evil twins removed with their home and already having a micro member has been wonderful for my self esteem so much that my plans for a BA were put on hold indefinitely ;-)

JustWendy
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Patti -
A flat look is very important to feel feminine. I don’t do anything special either – simple tucking seems to do the trick. When I’m getting dressed and I slip on my panties, the closer I look like your avatar, the more feminine I feel as I start my temporary transition.
Wendy

Lorileah
12-17-2012, 12:05 PM
To put it succinctly, I don' like it no matter what mode I am in. I find rather...ugly

KaylaCD
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
I find it quite important, I wouldn't go all out and over-the-top as it's impractical but it feels more feminine when flat.

Beverley Sims
12-17-2012, 12:12 PM
I have always achieved a "flat front".
Even in male mode. I felt it was gross to present otherwise.

Stephanie47
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I would think the response is universal that any cross dresser wishing to pass as a woman wants a "flat front." If you are attempting to appear as womanly as possible, why would you want the tell tale sign of manhood? If I want to look as womanly as possible, would I not want to wear a bra with something that would suggest or create the illusion of natural breasts? So, as I sit banging on the keyboard I am wearing a bra with enhancements and somewhat concealing my manhood without feeling uncomfortable.

I had a smile come to my face because the question also made me think back to the time period when television shows or movies sometimes poked fun at the attempt of boys to 'enhance' the appearance of their manhood by using a rolled up sock in their pants! :) Somehow that was suppose to make the young girls swoon!

I Am Paula
12-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Anything other than a flat front reminds me of parts I could really do without. I basically stay tucked 24/7. Even under a dress that would not show a bulge-I would know.-Celeste
p.s. Just some not too stretchy panties is all I've ever needed to achieve it. There are advantages to being hung like a nine year old.

KateSpade83
12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
A flat front is very important when I go out dressed. I used to think a tight panty was good for this, but bodyshapers and girdles are better for tucking.

BillieAnneJean
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Glue! Tape I can understand how but GLUE! And SUPERGLUE!?! Or having the evil twins removed? Won't there be side effects of that? Like growing boobs? Dang. Where is that straight razor anyway?

Kate Simmons
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
It depends on what you want to do en femme and how much freedom of movement you may need but I agree a flat front is intrinsic for the overall feminine presentation. I mostly depend on my briefs, pantyhose, padded panty (sometimes body briefer), slip and dress for concealment as I need to move freely as I dance a lot when I go out. Others may want to run a somewhat tighter "ship" though. As was mentioned, however, you will have to go to the rest room at some point and that could mean some serious de-construction if you are too trussed up.:battingeyelashes::)

Erica Marie
12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I too have a small package, but with tucking cant seem to get the flat appearance that I would like. I seen tutorials but with no avail. Does anyone know if having a very skinny figure not allow the room for the boys to hide away?

stephNE
12-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I also keep them tucked away, all the time, in both Fem or male modes.

Cheryl T
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Like stephNE I too am tucked 24/7 and have become so accustomed to it that it feels unnatural to be any other way.
But to answer the question...it's of utmost importance to me to be smooth and flat in that area when I am dressed. I want no part of it and don't want anyone else to know it's there.

lauren_m
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm with majority here -- it's a necessity!

Amanda22
12-17-2012, 02:18 PM
A flat front is very important to me. I'm a little self-conscious when dressed en femme and will try to monitor "where things are" periodically so that my front is flat. I don't want to see anything at all. Actually, I wish there was nothing to begin with, but that's cause for a new thread in the TS Forum.

Engendered
12-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I feel like I'm going to go against the grain here, but this isn't something that's really important for me. Obviously I don't want a bulge to show, but I do this through the choice of what I'm wearing, rather than doing any tucking. I'm very wary of doing anything unnatural/uncomfortable with a very sensitive area.

Kelly Greene
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
A flat front is a must. A bulge just ruins the look of my outfit and I just can't have that.

BLUE ORCHID
12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
HPatti, Why would any crossdresser not want a flat front.

Angela Campbell
12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Ha....I never had to worry about that. I just wear the clothes and there is no lump or sign of anything. There isn't much there to begin with and all that is left after putting on panties just kind of dissapears. I have a flat front without any effort at all. It was a problem when I was young and in school when I had to take showers with all the boys and live with the ridicule. They made quite a sport of me. Now it is a blessing for sure.

RitaCD
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Like stephNE and Cheryl I tuck 24/7 (unless I'm in the shower). I have perfected my tuck both with and without tape. I know I've done an exceptional tuck when I can see the little v-gap at the top inside of my thighs. Being flat is critical to me especially when wearing tight jeans or shorts.

linda allen
12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Like stephNE and Cheryl I tuck 24/7 (unless I'm in the shower). .

So seriously, how do you urinate?

Patti Remick
12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
HPatti, Why would any crossdresser not want a flat front.

Perhaps because:
Its just not important to them
It doesnt show under a dress, skirt, or loose slacks
Its uncomfortable
A zillion other good (for them) reasons

Everyones body image is different. Whats important to me as a CDr will not be important to another CDr - and that is fine. That is why I asked and each is free to respond as they wish.

Luv and Hugs
Patti Remick

Donna June
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Definitely a flat front. If I see a GG in tight pants, sweats, spandex, something like that and obviously totally flat, I sigh to myself wishing it were I.

Paulette
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I need a flat front when dressed and because I like to dress each day it is tucked always which has made it easier to do each time I have done it. Everything learns their place and they head for it when given a gentle nudge.

Eryn
12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I like to be relatively flat, but not to the point where comfort is compromised. If extreme measures are needed to hide the equipment I will rethink my wardrobe choices. I'm too old for the T-shirt-and-leggings look anyway!

Deborah J.
12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I like to keep a flat front always 24/7. It just makes me feel better about myself no matter what I'm wearing. Luckily, I don't have a need for glue, superglue, tape or anything else. I'm actually more comfortable when tucked. However I do sometimes wonder about adverse side effects. After all they are designed to "hang loose"

kimdl93
12-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I am quite careful to present a flat front, to use your words, when en femme. It's important for me to eliminate, to the extent possible, any visual cues to my birth gender

Michelle M
12-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Flat for sure, but... If it's summer and I'm out in the back yard with no one around, I just love a cool breeze under the skirt. Then they're free!

Postopadmirer
12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Definitely a flat front. If I see a GG in tight pants, sweats, spandex, something like that and obviously totally flat, I sigh to myself wishing it were I.

Ditto. Same here I have toe envy

sometimes_miss
12-18-2012, 03:54 AM
I like to be relatively flat, but not to the point where comfort is compromised. If extreme measures are needed to hide the equipment I will rethink my wardrobe choices. I'm too old for the T-shirt-and-leggings look anyway!
^this. Even a moderate briefer kind of flattens what is there, and when I wear ruffled panties under a skirt/dress, well you can't tell anyway. Downside? If one of 'the boys' pops out when I move a certain way, it becomes a serious problem, as the elastic acts like a saw on the scrotum.

prene
12-18-2012, 04:26 AM

Me 100%.

A flat front is even more important than a bust. .... at least as important.
I tuck well and love wearing gg jeans. Sorry Karen. LOL

Nichola
12-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Depends on the outfit, but with leggings or any slim/tight fitting clothing it's imperative to me:)

bimini1
12-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I tuck often but wonder are there any dangers or risks associated with it since it does not seem nature designed the scrotal area to be confined like that often under extreme pressure. Just how durable are the testes, is there any chance of doing permane nt damage like crushing them in any way?

erickka
12-18-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm like you Patti, blessed or cursed, small down there. All I need is a pair of comfy undies and control top pantyhose and I'm flatter than a board.

Raychel
12-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Very important to me, It really wreck the apearance of a nice outfit
with a make bulge in the front. Must be smooth for the right.

Well not totally smooth, you need to have the curves in the right places.:devil:

joan47
12-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Cyndigurl, can you tell more about the operation and procedure to get rid of the twins

linda allen
12-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Cyndigurl, can you tell more about the operation and procedure to get rid of the twins

Not Cyndigurl, but the operation is called an "orchiectomy", and if you do a web search, you can learn all about it.

It's a pretty drastic thing to do just to achieve a "flat front".

sheilagirl
12-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Hello,
Am I totally out of the norm in liking (loving) the feel of "my stuff" against the satin and lace
of the particular clothes I'm wearing? I've been "Dressing Up", on and off for about 30 years and I mean, sure I've tried tucking
a few times and it's just not that comfortable. I know each person is different and has different sensibilities but I like being a man,
even though the cloths suck, just as much as I love to dress like a lady once in while. Having no desire to change my sex, I just
feel like I have the best of Both worlds.

...I'd also like to add that I choose undies and outer wear that do
a wonderful job of presenting a "flat front".

Kerigirl2009
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
A flat front for me is EXTREMELY important, I am for all intense purposes female in mind and spirit, Physically though I am not who I want to be, So when I dress I do want to be as close to my true self as possible, So yes it is put in a proper place where it can not be seen.

suchacutie
12-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, it's doggone essential! It's a bit of a stretch to wear tight jeans, heels, forms, makeup, etc, and then have an obvious bulge!!!

In fact, since almost all of my jeans are rather tight, it's just a whole lot better to tuck in them no matter what gender I'm presenting, else it just attracts attention...obviously!

It took me a week of constant tucking to figure out what works best for me, but now tucking is just a 10 second operation so there's no reason to not be tucked when I want to. I don't even give it a second thought anymore, I just do it!

wilt575
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I would think the response is universal that any cross dresser wishing to pass as a woman wants a "flat front." If you are attempting to appear as womanly as possible, why would you want the tell tale sign of manhood? If I want to look as womanly as possible, would I not want to wear a bra with something that would suggest or create the illusion of natural breasts? So, as I sit banging on the keyboard I am wearing a bra with enhancements and somewhat concealing my manhood without feeling uncomfortable.

I had a smile come to my face because the question also made me think back to the time period when television shows or movies sometimes poked fun at the attempt of boys to 'enhance' the appearance of their manhood by using a rolled up sock in their pants! :) Somehow that was suppose to make the young girls swoon!

Yes a flat front below is as important as an projecting top front. I went on hormones to shrink my already small package and got it really small to almost child like. Breast didn't respond as I wanted and got implants. Now in tight curvy jeans and tee or crop top can't tell me from gg. Well worth effort doing!

drushin703
12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I too need a flat front at all times. While wearing a dress or skirt I usually tuck with a pair of Hanes, Waist smoother pantyhose (discontinued last month) and
a medium Tena pad which when positioned just right and with a little dab of petroleum jelly creates a flat, feminine and ladylike front. But I wore a pair of
black leggings out recently and that posed a whole different tuck-pad-pantyhose situation. With leggings it had to be tight tuck with control top pantyhose
then leggings with a very long sweater.....you know, just in case......dana

Janine cd
12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
A flat front is essential to carry out a perfect feminine image. I tuck every time I wear my panties and that's daily now.

Katrina
12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
If I'm going out, then yes, I want a flat front. Since I don't get to go out dressed much anymore, when I'm around the house, I don't bother with any tucking...

RenneB
12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Well let's see... when I'm dressed to the nines, the tight panties, and two pair of spankx pretty much take care of things down there. When I'm just casual in guy mode, I'm still wearing chic low rise jeans and I still have to tuck.... those pants aren't made for walking without tucking.... LOL...

So yea, I like the look and I consider it just part of the routine.... and yea this is me.

Renne.....

Jilmac
12-18-2012, 10:49 PM
For me it is of utmost importance that I portray a flat front any time I go en femme. I have always appreciated the smooth look of women in panties, swimsuits, and tight jeans. When I see myself in panties, jeans, pencil skirts, and other clingy fashions, I want to enjoy the same smooth look that I see in them. However when I'm in drab, I don't care if the bulge shows because it's a normal part of the male anatomy.

MonctonGirl
12-18-2012, 10:50 PM
When seeing a female in tights or yoga pants, my eyes always go to their crotch ( not their chest ).
I love the look of it ... makes me jealous and aspire to it when dressed.

For me, I "feel" more feminine and move in a more feminine way when I don't have my phallic symbol out front.

So it is very important to me.

LaraPeterson
12-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm a flat-fronter as well. I wear pantyhose just about all the time so the tucking thing is relatively easy for me. I'm so accustomed to being tucked that even if I'm sitting around in a silk night shirt with nothing underneath all my stuff just seems to find its way down and back. On the few occasions that I do wear men's underwear, I tuck in them as well.

Amanda22
12-18-2012, 11:02 PM
When seeing a female in tights or yoga pants, my eyes always go to their crotch ( not their chest ).
I love the look of it ... makes me jealous and aspire to it when dressed.

I'm with you, MonctonGirl. I'm jealous of the nice, neat crotch that women have. I wish mine was like that.

Ceri Anne
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Absolutly a flat front. I'm usually able to achieve it fairly easily because it shrinks up tucks fairly well normally. I did have an intersting happening on the dance floor once while wearing a knit dress. There was bumping and grinding and well, you know sprang free........was a bit awkward poking out against the skirt.

RitaCD
12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
So seriously, how do you urinate?

Sitting down like any girl.

I have always tried tucking in some manner and then read every page of the sticky on tucking. I found a simple way to tuck with the minimum of tape and can remain tucked all day. It is so liberating to hike my skirt, drop my panties, see nothing hanging or swinging, sit on the potty, and pee like a girl.

linda allen
12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Sitting down like any girl.

I have always tried tucking in some manner and then read every page of the sticky on tucking. I found a simple way to tuck with the minimum of tape and can remain tucked all day. It is so liberating to hike my skirt, drop my panties, see nothing hanging or swinging, sit on the potty, and pee like a girl.

Well I sit also but the couple times I tried taping, the "boys" stayed where they were supposed to but "willy" shrunk up and disappeared (like a turtle) and I figured if I did my business that way, I would make a mess. So, I had to pull him out.

Jaymees22
12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
OMG I'm all tucked up!!!

bobbimo
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM
You just made me realize something I do subconsciously!.
When I put on panties, I automatically tuck everyone down, most times not a full balls up tuck, but just enough to put him back out of the way.
When I don boys undies I pull them up.
Interesting how the mind works... or wanders
Bobbi

Loni
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
want a flat front, but still keep peter and his two nutty buddy's hanging around. get your prostrate removed.

after.

just as small as standing in a ice cold river.
but be ready for nothing for fun. ever again.

two years and test's are 0.00, i am good to go. :-)

special panties / other, to keep a proper flat front is the only way to be. bulges, bumps,etc between the legs have no place on a girls body.

AllieSF
12-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes Loni, I gained that privilege back in 2005, though I would prefer the fun part today with more problems tucking.

Patti Remick
12-21-2012, 02:04 PM
just as small as standing in a ice cold river.

Were they small before or shrink from the operation?

but be ready for nothing for fun. ever again.

two years and test's are 0.00, i am good to go. :-)

Are you saying youve lost the ability to become aroused or?

I would not mind the shrinkage although in my case there is not much to shrink! :) and:sad:
But I would not want to loose the ability to become aroused.

Luv and Hugs
Patti Remick

ME2.0
12-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I love this thread! It's the only place on the internet where the guys want to be less endowed! Actually, I use a gaff that I purchased on Ebay. I don't really "tuck", I just point everything south and the tightness of the gaff holds it in place. There are also panels (cardboard) sewn into the gaff that make a flat front. I can wear really tight skirts (tighter than I should with my gut) and not show anything.

Hugs,
Staci

Paula T
12-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Very important when wearing a tight and short skirt.

paulina
12-22-2012, 09:39 PM
I tuck also. Just got to move the "twins around until you can sit comfortably. I can stay tucked all day.

I do have one question. How do you stay tucked and use bathroom?

Postopadmirer
12-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Same problem here.

Hopefully this is not tmi but here I doubt it.
I can tuck, but within a couple hours what was once in back has shrunk to the point where it is facing down or forward. Taping does not seem to help. I wind up with a wad of tape in a very unladylike bulge.

Postopadmirer
12-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Well I sit also but the couple times I tried taping, the "boys" stayed where they were supposed to but "willy" shrunk up and disappeared (like a turtle) and I figured if I did my business that way, I would make a mess. So, I had to pull him out.

Oops my reply above was to this post

Sarah V
12-23-2012, 05:46 AM
My shapewear usually takes care ofholding me in close and keeping things in-control when dressing and when going out nicely dressed. If I am just hanging around the house I do not tuck. As a general rule I have kinda stopped tucking even when wearing my swimwear or my dance stuff now as I recently had a bit of an unnerving urological problem the last time I tucked (for @ 12 hrs), though in all fairness, it may have been of a coinsidence that I was also passing a small stone at that time, but it was enough of a scare that it has kind of gotten tucking out of my system for the moment.

linny_aggy
12-23-2012, 09:37 AM
well fortunately (or unfortunately) i seem pretty well endowed down there, unlike u..but the flat front query..well i think it all depends on what u r going to wear...

Kimberly Renee
12-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I feel like I'm going to go against the grain here, but this isn't something that's really important for me. Obviously I don't want a bulge to show, but I do this through the choice of what I'm wearing, rather than doing any tucking.

This is also how I approach the situation. It's not my fashion style to wear pants or tight skirts/dresses. A-lines are my choice for feeling girly. Undergarments that hold me close is all that's needed for me.

But yes (to respond to the OP), hiding the bulge is important unless you want to present as a "guy in a dress". (not that there's anything wrong with that :) )

DanielleT
12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
If you are just wearing a pair of jeans or something like that, probably not so important to be completely flat, but anything form fitting in the way of slacks I would say that it is not desirable (or sexy for that matter) to present a "bulge."

Nanaya
12-25-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm probably the odd one out on this one, but I actually don't want a flat front. It's not like I want people to see my bulge, but then I wouldn't want them to see my underwear in the first place.

But that may be because of a fundamental difference between me and most others. I just see myself as a boy who enjoys wearing girl's clothes. I don't actually have a female personality or anything, so I don't want to hide my masculinity.

~Joanne~
12-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I would say that, for me, it's pretty high up on the list to have a flat front. I can achieve this pretty well with almost all of my outfits except for one skirt that is really form fitting.

Rachel Morley
12-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I like to be relatively flat, but not to the point where comfort is compromised. If extreme measures are needed to hide the equipment I will rethink my wardrobe choices.
The quote above from Eryn is similar to what I think. I have tried so hard to tuck properly but I just can't seem to do it so I compromise by either wearing dresses that have a skirt that flows out a little (A line) or if I have to wear jeans then I tuck as best as I can with an LLPG but I also add a small little pad (a folded mens handkerchief) just above myself to counter act and smooth out any minor bump that is lower. If gives a flat front. Added to this I wear a top that is long in the body that covers that lower area and it works out ok.

danielleinbr
12-26-2012, 12:31 AM
It is very important to me to have a flat front. I hate it when the lines of my dresses are disturbed by my private area. I am lucky that a good tight gaff panty and a little tuck works perfectly for all of my outfits.
Danielle

Angela Dressing
12-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Your avatar looks very much like the packaging of my favorite panties

Mollyanne
12-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi Patti, Like you, a "flat front" is an important factor for me as well. I too was either blessed or cursed with the "package" that I was born with. for me, it's a bite easier for me to achieve that flat front and gives me more confidence when I am wearing a skirt, dress or slacks. When I am finished putting on my lingerie and look in the mirror and see a women's reflection looking back at me (at least from the neck down) something deep inside me kicks in and I feel totally feminine. I LIKE THIS FEELING AND HAVE WISHED THAT IT WOULD N E V E R DISAPPEAR. So in answer to your question, YES, IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ME TO BECOME "FLAT"

Molly

Angela Campbell
12-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Having a flat front is for me just another thing that makes me look more like a female, just like makeup or shoes. I want to look convincingly like a woman so any hint is not good. Fortunately this is one area that is easy for me to accomplish and I spend little time dwelling on it. I am smooth down there and now I can concentrate on the areas that I do have trouble with, like my weight, figure, face, arms, shoulders....

larry07
12-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Hello,
Am I totally out of the norm in liking (loving) the feel of "my stuff" against the satin and lace
of the particular clothes I'm wearing? I've been "Dressing Up", on and off for about 30 years and I mean, sure I've tried tucking
a few times and it's just not that comfortable. I know each person is different and has different sensibilities but I like being a man,
even though the cloths suck, just as much as I love to dress like a lady once in while. Having no desire to change my sex, I just
feel like I have the best of Both worlds.

I'm with you, Sheila. I don't try to pass and most of my dressing is at home, seen only by my wife. We both know what I have down there so no point in trying to hide it. I also like to feel my stuff against a silky pair of panties.