PDA

View Full Version : Age where is teally clicked; and your start started dressing as often as you could

GiannaD
12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
For me, it was just this year at 48...oops so much for typing in nails!! teally should be really!

Stephanie47
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
When I retired with a still working life. Right now I'm taking a break from decorating the Christmas tree. Fully en femme in dress, heel, hosiery and all the proper undergarments, and, wig.

Angela Campbell
12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Just this last summer actually for me. Not because I didn't want to but this is the first time in my life I have lived alone and had the opportunity to fully dress and learn how to do so. I am dressed fully 4 or 5 times a week and usually wear something all the time.

Tess
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't remember a time when I didn't want to dress as often as I could.

I Am Paula
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Walked out of the house fully dressed in '80 at age 22. Never looked back, and wouldn't have stayed in any situation that would not let me be myself.-Celeste

Julie Denier
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Experimented with stuff from Mom's closet as a young kid through my teens, but never fully dressed -- head to toe, including wig and makeup -- until two years ago, when I was 38 ... and LOVED it ;)

ArleneRaquel
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
In 2003, at age 55, I went full time, then stopped, returning to the (near) 24/7 in the middle of 2004. I first dressed in 1956, put looking back at it it really must have been circa 1954.

Ms. Laura
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I made the move to fully dressing up, ie the whole deal when I was in my twenties. It's only recently, age 40, that I've been trying (and trying) to make a "look."

Wendy G
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
At age 31 I found myself in a situation where I could focus on dressing for extended periods of time without having to hide. Also funding had improved, so I could purchase the items I desired, which of course allowed me to build a better wardrobe. It's been 16 years now and there have been a few periods where I put it away, but it always returns. Right now, I'm in one of the more extended and better phases. It's amazing how the joy continues and at times intensifies.

Nichola
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
I was 6 years old playing with my sister & I knew right away then I had to do it. It became my childhood secret & I longed to be a girl. I'd dress when I knew I'd be alone, but I was brought up to be masculine & it wouldn't have went down well at all if I'd been discovered. My heads a mess sometimes, but the highs are so high I don't think I'd want to change.

Launa
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
I was on and off all my life. Then mid life hit me like a ton of bricks a year ago and that was it. Now I get it in as often as I can

christinac
12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I've always loved and admired women's fashion, but I didn't seriously start dressing until about four years ago.

kimdl93
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol, I opened this thread just to find out what 'tealy' was. You're right though. As I've...ahem...matured, I do fond I spend more and more time en femme...because I can and because I want to!

AllieSF
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Allie was born in late 2006 from zero, and this year I became legally and certifiably old. Starting later in life was all to my advantage, being old, somewhat mature, experienced a lot in life, realized that life is a terminal illness and it is better to live it to the fullest before I lose the opportunity to do so. I jumped on board that train and have never looked back.

LaraPeterson
12-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I think it was about 13 years ago that I first stepped out fully dressed and made up. From that time forward, it has become an obsessive passion.

JessicaMN
12-17-2012, 10:16 PM
i was 19 in college

ambigendrous
12-17-2012, 10:31 PM
My first memory of dressing is when I was about 7 or 8 - got caught in my mom's girdle and stockings. Kept going through childhood and adolescence, although deeply in the closet. My older sister is a year older than me so I borrowed her stuff whenever I had a chance. Pretty much put it all away while I was in the Army (got drafted near the end of the draft era) and then picked it up again after the Army - borrowing my wife's stuff when I could. Came clean to my wife after being married about 15 years and her response was that I could do what I needed to do, but she didn't want to be involved. And she didn't want me to go out in public, or tell our kids. I agreed to those terms and life was good. When we retired 4 years ago we revisited the conditions and she says I can dress as much as I want, pretty much as often as I want, so long as it stays in the house, and the rest of the family doesn't find out. Again, I'm happy with those conditions. There are days I'm completely drab; days I'm wearing pantyhose and a bra; days I'll add a skirt; days I'll add a skirt and top - it all depends on how I feel when I get dressed. I wear heels almost every day at home, nightgowns almost every night, and have had mani/pedis for over 10 years now - usually red polish on my toes and clear on the fingers.

Dann12
12-17-2012, 11:21 PM
When i bought my first wig. i think I was about 29 (now 40). My earliest memory of dressing of any kind was when i was about 8. But I know I had done it before then. The first time I put a wig on that was it. There was no more "partial" dressing unless it was to try on something I was looking to buy.

Beverley Sims
12-17-2012, 11:44 PM
It had all clicked when I got real old, ten years old. :)

wilt575
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
I was 6 years old playing with my sister & I knew right away then I had to do it. It became my childhood secret & I longed to be a girl. I'd dress when I knew I'd be alone, but I was brought up to be masculine & it wouldn't have went down well at all if I'd been discovered. My heads a mess sometimes, but the highs are so high I don't think I'd want to change.

About 5 years old no ,other boys in neighborhood, just my older sister and other girls,older sister and her friends dressed me up as girl whenever possiable it I just seemed to enjoy it. When I got into teens did it full time except at school when parents were gone on business and just sister and me. Always felt more girl than guy and got my implants to get the projection and looks to match my curvy hips and butt I grew up with.

MeganHenry
12-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Experimented with stuff from Mom's closet as a young kid through my teens, but never fully dressed -- head to toe, including wig and makeup -- until two years ago, when I was 38 ... and LOVED it ;)

For me first time full dressed up, all moms stuff. Makeup, green sweater dress, jewelry, panties, bra (stuffed w/socks), panty hose, heels, no wig however...10-11yrs old. Even shaved my legs then too albeit a horrible job.

Camille15
12-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Now and then in college, living with girls and having some privacy. But there was a shift in my late twenties / early thirties. Felt the need to express that part of myself much more. Now I dress whenever I have the house to myself, usually for an evening when my wife (who knows) goes out with a gf. Even an hour spent en femme is nice, and puts me in a good mood the rest of the day.

Michelle M
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Senior year of High school. We had to play a football game in 12" of snow, and coach told us to wear pantyhose under our girdle. Well, that was it for me!

Melissa73
12-18-2012, 01:15 AM
ooohh i started when i was 11- 12 yrs old., by sneaking my sisters clothes. Then my second year in college, i had an apartment with a friend. ANd i found i could dress in my room (fully). ANd as the years progressed, i moved into my own place and leanred to dress more and more without hiding. but it was this year that i actually went "public" with my secret. ANd now im happy i can dress and those around know. But ive been told i need to come out more so i can dress outside whenever i please. But at present, i dont feel the need too

melissa

erickka
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM
I really "got into it" about age 40. I also started at about age 10 or so, but never really became in touch with the real me until that magical big 4-oh.

Teri Ray
12-18-2012, 07:56 AM
I have always had the desire to wear womens clothes however the urge was restricted to short periods of wearing panties, bras and dabbling with make up and nail polish. This started about age 8 or 9. My desires ebbed and flowed for many years until I retired from the Navy in 2002 and moved to a ruaral area of Idaho. My wife began to take trips back to South Carolina to visit our daughters there and would be gone for a couple of weeks at a time. This began about 2002 and gave me the opportunity to begin to purchase more items to support my dressing desires. It didnt take long after I purchased my first wig to slip into a pink fog and my small stash of female attire to become a wardrobe. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

SandraV
12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Since I have memory. As a child I remember always feeling that I was out of place and wanted to be with the girls as one of the girls...

GiannaD
12-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow...so many awesome relies and so many that I can relate to! Life's a journey, and for some it starts early, for others later. I fall into the later category unfortunately! I sooo wish I had started in my 20's, so I could actually be on top of makeup, outfits, etc.

My "fix" today in my journey came int he form of "Making Faces", which I am so going to devour this afternoon!

Tara D. Rose
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I started around the age of 4 or 6. I teally did.

RitaCD
12-18-2012, 12:44 PM
When the ex walked out 10 years ago. At that point it was a "fun" diversion from every day life. Though I had a wig, I had never tried makeup. Since she left I'm "all in" and loving every minute of it until it all has to come off.

Jaymees22
12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi, It really kicked in this year at age 67. I'm retired and my wife works part time 3 or 4 days a week 5 to 6 hours a day. So I have the time and an overwelming desire!!!Jaymee

~Joanne~
12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I know my first dressing urges came when I was 10. I didn't know why and still to this day don't. I was drawn to pantyhose and never looked back. A couple of years later came the heels, though they were borrowed and never fit properly.

Around 22, I got my first place and that's when I really started exploring this urge. I had the freedom, for awhile, to really try this fully which I had wanted to for so many years but couldn't because of living at home. It was great on and off because of the guilty feelings and such, the purges came and so did the GF. I thought she would "cure me".

I have been fairly lucky though because even with my gf living with me, I still had plenty of time to dress pretty much when I wanted. I would buy, purge, buy, purge......it got really expensive to say the least.

About three years ago I came to the point where I started to accept this as to who I am. Within the last year, maybe slightly longer, I have fully accepted this and come to terms with myself. I still have fears that need to be overcome but with my GF now knowing about this, accepting, supporting, and not judging one bit, I am in a much better place. I now have my my clothes hanging right in the closet and other things laying about with hers ;)

GiannaD
12-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I started around the age of 4 or 6. I teally did.

Kisses Tara! Like your sense of humor!

Janine cd
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
I began dressing regularly after beginning my retirement 11 years ago. Before that, it was only occasionally on weekends and during holiday breaks.

happy2cd
01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
It hit hardest in my late thirties then has increased since then. Now in my mid-late forties, if I could dress 24/7 I probably would. By the time the kids are out of the house I will dress more often and see myself being dressed most of the time after I retire.

I am glad that you asked the question because I have wondered about the increased desire to dress.

Leila Be
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I would have been shocked by my desire to cd before the age of 35 but it really really became apparent in my mid-thirties that it was/is a major turn-on.. 10 years later, I dress up once or twice a month. I really splurged soon after the divorce on dress and accessories but still lack the make-up. Hope to take a cd vacation in Amsterdam in 2013 and really let my hair down!

Diane Smith
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
It was the summer after I turned 40, in 1997. I took a vacation trip to Tucson and something just clicked while I was there, possibly from sitting in a hotel room at night with little to do but browse the Yellow Pages. I had dressed privately since I was a toddler, but I came back from that trip with acrylic nails, pierced ears, several new outfits and shoes, and a desire to start going out in public. Within a couple of months I was regularly out and about, shopping openly for clothes, and I started with regular hair and nail appointments. I started electrolysis, got my first tattoo, and permanent makeup all within four months or so. Haven't looked back since.

- Diane

Teri Ray
01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I knew I had the crossdressing urge at age 8 or 9 but only dabbled in dressing until I was 48 and begain to dress fully. Gosh why did I wait........sigh

Eryn
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Age 53. There was some experimentation before then, but that was the age at which I finally decided what I am and to find out where this path leads.

Alvida513
01-05-2013, 12:27 AM
I was about 9 or 10 when I first tried on a pair of pantyhose and some high heel boots. but my best memory was whe I was about 12 my Mom had a black spandex bodysuit which i wore with my red 8ball jacket and heels while listen to salt n pepa push it!!

UNDERDRESSER
01-05-2013, 01:02 AM
The last couple of years, age 55, 56. I decided to continue wearing panties, ( somewhat boring plain white seamless ones ) when getting changed at work in the locker room. Then I hooked up with my GF after telling her about my CD. Since then, I usually change into a skirt and stockings when I stay at her place. The other day, I took her rent check across the courtyard in a skirt. Met someone on the way over, and wished them a happy new year, she saw where I was going, and held the door for me ( I think to get a better look )

Thing is, I don't really think of myself as a CD any more. I started from the fetish side of things, and still get a thrill out of it, but these days I just want the freedom to walk around in a skirt and stockings. Why can't I? They cover up all the naughty bits. They show off my legs ( which I'm damn proud of! ) Who decides what which gender should wear?

Cheryl T
01-05-2013, 05:44 AM
I was about 53...and I'm so glad it clicked in...everything is ok now...no more hiding.

GinaD
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I started at about 10 years old, but I began to really take it seriously at about 12. That is when I thought I really looked like a girl when dressed and started to venture out in public for brief jaunts. At 16 I started driving and really started to spend a lot of time dressed, even in the daytime. 'Gina" has been a part of me ever since.

Lee Andrews
01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
As with others I started in my early years. But never went all out till one Halloween in my early twenties. Went as a hooker and judging from the stares at the bar and comments from friends, I think I went past the joke dressing to the 'Wonder if he does this more often' thing. :doh: I think I did too good a job of it, wish I had a picture.
Now I wear panties on a daily basis and dress to different degrees when my wife is at work on Saturdays. I think I need to back off a bit though, she said she needs her man once and awhile.

kimdl93
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I really came out of my shell two years ago, when I was in my very very very late 40s!

esther22
01-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I have had long hair for 25 yrs, & finally found that wearing womens clother makes my long hair more acceptable, esther

Ally 2112
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I started when i was about 11 years old and have been dressing off and on since then (many years ) .It was about 6 years ago when i seperated from my wife that i finnaly came to terms with the cding .Since then i have been dressing as much as i want when i want and i enjoy it so much more !.I even ventured out last march or april (at night ) for a bit and loved it ! :)

sometimes_miss
01-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Age where i really clicked; and you started dressing as often as you could
FIFY.

Fourteen. Alone, lonely, high school, stressed like never before, unable to contain the urge to dress up, so I did. Just about every day. Which brought about more stress, because it really made me wonder what the f&ck I was.